Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's a great feeling

2 posters

Go down

It's a great feeling Empty It's a great feeling

Post  DaveinTassie Wed May 05, 2010 9:12 pm

I have learnt a lot from this forum but because I haven’t really been gold prospecting yet have felt unable to contribute any thing of any relevance. I do detect a bit with my Xterra 70 and have found a lot of coins and a few rings.

Finding something of value when you’re detecting is a terrific feeling. Being able to recover a much valued item and return it to a distraught, upset owner and seeing the smile on their face enhances that feeling tenfold.

I had a phone call from a mate who is a prospector asking if I could try and find a missing wedding ring for a friend of his. He said that he was packed up and ready to head to Victoria and thought that the area where the ring had been lost was going to be difficult to search with his 4000. He said the blokes really upset and it would be great to find it for him.

I phoned, and was told that the ring had been lost whilst gardening and I arranged to meet with the him and his wife. The area was covered with underground copper pipes and the garden beds had concrete edges with metal reinforcing. After 30 minutes of being bombarded with signals my ears were ringing and then I heard a nice mellow tone just in-between 2 ferrous signals. I pinpointed the target and carefully dug down to find a nice gold wedding ring.

The look on the blokes face was classic and you can see by the photographs taken ten minutes later he was still smiling. The Xterra 70 with the 18.75 elliptical is brilliant in these tight situations. This is the second time I have been lucky enough to find someone’s lost wedding ring for them and the feeling just gets better each time.

Dave

It's a great feeling IMG_3204

It's a great feeling IMG_3208
DaveinTassie
DaveinTassie
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down

It's a great feeling Empty Re: It's a great feeling

Post  sleepr Wed May 05, 2010 9:17 pm

Well done Dave he certainly looks happy....
Just goes to show that the The Xterra 70 runs rings around the 4000.. Laughing Laughing ( sorry the gate was open )
sleepr
sleepr
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

It's a great feeling Empty Re: It's a great feeling

Post  DaveinTassie Sat May 08, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi Sleepr

"Just goes to show that the Xterra 70 runs rings around the 4000.."

Brilliant pun. I will use it to beat my mate around the head with it when he returns home with some Victorian gold.

cheers

Dave It's a great feeling Icon_smile
DaveinTassie
DaveinTassie
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-05-21

Back to top Go down