Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Litz Wound Carbon Coils"

4 posters

Go down

"Litz Wound Carbon Coils" Empty "Litz Wound Carbon Coils"

Post  kon61 Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:05 pm

G'day fellow prospectors.

Anybody out there currently using the new Litz wire wound,Carbon Coils? If so what are your thoughts?

Cheers guys  Kon. What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

"Litz Wound Carbon Coils" Empty Re: "Litz Wound Carbon Coils"

Post  Rimbuman Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:48 am

Hi,
I own 3 carbon coils, 11, 18 and 35 inch on a GP 3500 Woody modded, other than that it works well I cannot tell because this is my first rig and I have never used an other setup before.
I got these coils and detector because I wanted the best and in a way took a sort of a chance by purchasing these coils and detector.

I have done some detecting in Thailand, but because of excessive trash I can't walk a meter without having a (trash) target.
For the fact that almost nobody writes or talks about these carbon coils, it looks like no one want to spoil their edge by writing good reviews Rolling Eyes 
An other way of looking at this is If they where no good it would have been all over the place.

For what it's worth,
Rimbuman

Rimbuman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:32 am

Thank you for replying to this topic Rimbuman & welcome to the forum.

Rimbuman,I am referring to using these coils over known "gold fields" for we might have a slight bit of difference between Thailand's ground conditions as compared to Australian mineralized soils.
Some times paying premium prices on detectors or coils (as it be in this case),don't necessarily mean that they're the best tool on the market for the job at hand.
If you haven't put them up against other brands of coils of similar size/make,how then can you say they're the best? The best at what?
Now I'm not trying to be some smart ar*e here by sh*t stirring the pot,but more towards trying to understand,if these new line of litz wound carbon coils,balance & work well on our current line of Minelab PI detectors over mineralized ground conditions.So far you haven't given me much to go by and on the contrary,I'v never found a manufacturer of any item,that don't want to hear some good feed back from their customers as to how their product performs. Is it possible for you to give us a little more insight as to whether the coils balance well,show good sensitivity,and/or possibly give us an example for instance,as to the depth of a say small coin/lead ball or maybe gold nugget,can be found at?

Cheers Kon. What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

"Litz Wound Carbon Coils" Empty Litz Wound Carbon Coils

Post  sandy2010 Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:45 am

kon61 wrote:G'day fellow prospectors.

Anybody out there currently using the new Litz wire wound,Carbon Coils? If so what are your thoughts?

Cheers guys  Kon. What a Face

Hi Kon.................Who manufactures these ?

Cheers.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:54 am

Hi Sandy, I think Kon is referring to these coils: http://www.carboncoils.com/
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Rimbuman Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:30 pm

This is the address for carbon coils, carboncoils.com and is linked to Woody.

To reply on your commend Kon, I didn't say carbon coils are the best, I said I wanted the best and at the time of purchase almost two years ago it seemed a good idea to buy these coils.

By no means I can make valid statements about them being the best because I am just a beginner, I've only been out detecting three times.
At the time I started to get interested in prospecting about 5 years ago Woodies mods where talk of town on the Australian fora and over time I chose to go with his mods and coils.

Again, I am as green one can be, but I am happy with my gear, also have a Fisher goldbug Pro on the side and I am probably not the one to ask about these coils because only the really seasoned prospectors with carbon coils could provide you with details you are looking for.

I have no particular info on the the trash I dug so far, but an old rusted farming tool more than a meter deep stands out head over shoulders.

Rimbuman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2014-03-19

Back to top Go down

"Litz Wound Carbon Coils" Empty Litz Wound Carbon Coils

Post  sandy2010 Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:42 pm

CostasDee wrote:Hi Sandy, I think Kon is referring to these coils: http://www.carboncoils.com/

Thanks C/D......

Be lucky.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Fair enough reply Rimbuman.Yep they're the ones Costas. Anybody else got any info on these newly Litz wire wound,super-light,open spoke carbon coils? Anybody?

Cheers Kon. What a Face 

kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:23 pm

I know one particular spot that would really suit the 50" one, problem I don't have a piece of carpet to go along with that and then I'm pretty sure the bloke that owns the property wouldn't appreciate waking up to someone digging a 7 to 9 foot hole in his backyard....  V01 
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down