Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best mono coil for a GPX4800?

Go down

Best mono coil for a GPX4800? Empty Best mono coil for a GPX4800?

Post  goldsearchers? Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:33 pm

Hey guys looking for some advice on the most appropriate mono coil for a GPX4800 that will get most of it's use in the triangle. There's so many out there the choice is confusing. Should I buy the Commander 11" mono that gets sold with the GPX5000? There's an elliptical mono from Coiltek that retails for $405 that is supposedly wound specifically for the GPX's..has anyone tried that? Are the cheaper Coiltek mono's good value? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

goldsearchers?
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-11

Back to top Go down

Best mono coil for a GPX4800? Empty Re 48

Post  Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:06 pm

I've never seen any write ups on 48s ,but id say 12 inch and 14 inch round nugget finders are a very good all round coil .my 12 grabs .1bits no probs on the 5000.incredibly good after sales,as do coil tek but personally IMO the nugget finders are a lot tougher.ive had 2 coils die on me,,both coilteks.again only personal preference.cheers

Back to top Go down

Best mono coil for a GPX4800? Empty Re mono coils

Post  goldsearchers? Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:49 pm

Hey thanks for the info i I'll check them out.

goldsearchers?
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-11

Back to top Go down

Best mono coil for a GPX4800? Empty Re coil

Post  Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:21 pm

The 14x9 coilteks was my fav coil for a long time till it died.and that's why all my coils are now nf,up to 4 coils.i don't know how much experience you have.the elliptical coils are easier to pinpoint with,but the rounds will go deeper.if you're just starting ;the 12 round would be a good choice.one of the best operators round here favors them for round this area.no doubt more people will post so stay tuned.ive only been swinging a bit over 4 years.just saying what I found .

Back to top Go down