Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Need Help Finding a Particular Story/Article in Gold Gem & Treasure Magazines ?

4 posters

Go down

You Need Help Finding a Particular Story/Article in Gold Gem & Treasure Magazines ? Empty You Need Help Finding a Particular Story/Article in Gold Gem & Treasure Magazines ?

Post  Ash100456 Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:39 pm

Happy to help find the Story/Article you are after. I just need Author and or the Name/Heading of Story/Article and i will see if i can find it for you.
Just finished collating the Mags from 1973-2013 ( except one ) Cant necessarily supply a copy of the mag it's in ( I do have a lot of mags available for sale, extra's from getting my set together ) but i hopefully can tell you which mag it is in. PM me and i will see how i go !
Cheers
Ashley

Last edited by Ash100456 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

You Need Help Finding a Particular Story/Article in Gold Gem & Treasure Magazines ? Empty Re: You Need Help Finding a Particular Story/Article in Gold Gem & Treasure Magazines ?

Post  Guest Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:00 am

G'day Ash, well done mate, a labour of love no doubt..do you have all the Year Books as well?...hope you find that one you need....I have quite a few myself....your first job could be to see how many times the same nugget has appeared on the front or inside which has supposedly 'recently been found'......without date stamps like coins...I have always suspected some have made multiple appearances....and possibly a few 'homing pigeon nuggets' should receive an Emmy award for appearing in so many story's in different States....by different finders through the years.......or am I just into conspiracy theories...?....or is it just the way we think in Port Lincoln?...lol...Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

You Need Help Finding a Particular Story/Article in Gold Gem & Treasure Magazines ? Empty Re: You Need Help Finding a Particular Story/Article in Gold Gem & Treasure Magazines ?

Post  barkly48 Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:37 pm

G'day Ash,

Which is the one you are missing?

Cheers...

Andrew.

barkly48
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  granite2 Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:19 pm

One nugget has featured in the G&T hundreds of times, and I do not exaggerate.  Rolling Eyes 

It is a 60gram nugget I dug the first time I used my new 24" UFO back when It was just on the market. The nugget was about 2' deep and I was using a 2200 it was near the "dog house" at Pikes Hollow. Smile 

Mark uses that photograph as full stop on a lot of articles it has a little curl at one end. Wink 

Cheers, Jim
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1829
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:42 pm

G'day Larry, Yeah it was something i started on quite awhile back, Had a bit of help from a couple of forum members who had done some work in this same direction. Good to have it finished as i dont care to count up the time i have spent in front of the computer. Now for the fine tuning of the search program. I dont doubt there has been multiple uses of the same nugget, I guess they must operate by the theory of why let the truth stand in the way of a good story.
Barkly48, Missing issue #29 June/July 1978 of the Australian Gems and Craft magazine. Pre-decessor to Todays Mags

Granite 2, Jim i must say your name as Author has come up more than just a few times, Surely you'd have to have got writers cramp. Found two articles of a 50 grammer that you found using a 24" UFO, Tracking a UFO Jan/Feb 2001 and Hunting up a Kilo of Gold March 2001, Heading picture is of the 50grammer with the little curl on the end.

Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  barkly48 Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:56 pm

No worries Ash,

A bit too early for the few old ones I have. Just thought 'Ol Murphy might have blessed us both but to no avail..  lol! 

Cheers...

Andrew.

barkly48
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 278
Registration date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:22 am

Bump. Still able to Help if you need it.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:20 pm

Bump . Sent PM to Mods.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  chris68 Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:16 pm

Hi Ashly
I am chasing the gold gem and treasure magazine that has an article on Arnold Muller from Kilmore early 80s I think.
regards
chris

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2013-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:02 pm

G'day chris68, The Mag you want is Yearbook 1980 ( Arnold "Nugget" Muller)

Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  chris68 Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:08 pm

Thanks Ashly, you wouldn't have one for sale.

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:15 pm

Sorry No, Have sold all my spare copies, I have a complete full set. Now you know the particular mag you can ask on here or try Ebay !

Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  chris68 Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:25 pm

Thanks for your help Ashly.

chris68
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down