Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG CAT SIGHTINGS...

+16
Narrawa
chopppacalamari
GoldstalkerGPX
Pickles
Oscar
aussie_rose
TheH0ward
musso
badbarstard
Alan WA
llanbric
Fisherman
vasilis
geof_junk
gollstar
kon61
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BIG CAT SIGHTINGS... - Page 2 Empty Re: BIG CAT SIGHTINGS...

Post  llanbric Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:27 pm

"One day I will tell you the story of my encounter I had with a large brown bear wearing no pants."

You had an encounter with a bear while you were trouserless?

What was the state of your clothing re the above incident with the cat?

llanbric
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:04 pm

llanbric wrote:

Possibly brown as well Very Happy
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:13 pm

llanbric wrote:"One day I will tell you the story of my encounter I had with a large brown bear wearing no pants."

You had an encounter with a bear while you were trouserless?

You had an encounter with a bear while you were trouserless? I certainly did and will lie to you not!

Why its clearly written in that post,.....as real as the nose on my face and the sh!t in my pants.....

Which is all related to your first question, and will tell you of this encounter all in good time. Razz
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:53 pm

NARRAWA

is talking about his drunken gay madi-gra stories again.

hey and dont turn up late for the float this year

Back to top Go down

Post  Rtanweb Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:05 pm

I see roo tracks on that pic, with distinct claw marks. They look freaky, like a damn dinosaur print, but its just roos mate.

Rtanweb
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

BIG CAT SIGHTINGS... - Page 2 Empty I can remember my first encounter with the big cat

Post  OldWoman Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:23 am

Narrawa wrote:I can remember my first encounter with the big cat.
We were on an excursion with the school. I was standing in line waiting for a feed when i was pushed from behind, turned around to give the kid a thump, and there it was, the biggest meanest looking feral cat i had ever laid eyes on. I had seen it before on telly, but thought it was just a myth as anything you saw on telly was just that, telly. But it was real alright, as real as the nose on my face and the sh!t in my pants, seven foot tall of absolute terror was standing there before me, bobbing its head from side to side and clapping its paws while a little kid stood petrified and unable to run.

Since that day, I have never been to fond of Fat-cat.... or his friends! Razz

One day I will tell you the story of my encounter I had with a large brown bear wearing no pants. study

Hi,
I'm new to these forums, well, to forums in general to be honest, so I do apologise if I'm posting out of place, time, space, or turn.

I wasn't actually going to register, as I'm a newbie to prospecting and metal detecting, so I feel a bit of a fool joining a forum when I have no experience to contribute or any knowledge to share.
So..... I've just been lurking for the last couple of hours, reading, trying to learn a bit etc, when I came across your story and I just had to come out of the shadows and say something about this Giant Cat and Pantsless Bear encounter..
It took a while to compose myself after reading of your experience, I actually couldn't breathe for a moment there.... Even now, when I remember your last line...... I just lose it.... I wanted to thank you so very, very much. I haven't laughed like that in ages Razz

Cheers
TheOldWoman

PS: Your encounter may also help to explain the disappearance of that 'Giant Penguin' which was often seen around the same area Shocked

OldWoman

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Frog Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:58 am

Welcome OldWoman everyday there are new members joining the forum and we all
have some thing to offer to the forum,whether it be advice or encouragement to fellow members.Frog

Frog
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2010-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:47 pm

OldWoman, It was my pleasure to tickle your funny bone. Very Happy

I lurked the old version of this forum (MSN) for ages before i joined also. I new nothing back then, and the next thing i know im riding in a truck with Jonathan Porter. affraid Laughing Talk about cue jumping. Razz

Since then iv been sharing the things iv learned along the way, and have met many in doing so and have made some wonderful friends to who i now look upon as family. One in particular who iv just spent a week with fast tracking him on his new 4500.

....I feel a bit of a fool joining a forum when I have no experience to contribute or any knowledge to share.

They say the only foolish question is the one not asked, foolish is sitting on a question you think maybe unworthy, most of the time it has been asked but you will find the same question that was asked a week ago may have new answers this week.
We all felt the same way when first starting out, not only that, many of us, self included will often go out on a limb and explore the realms of the " foolish" questions. Laughing

Welcome aboard.

Now about that bear with no pants, i was waiting my turn to sit on the lap of Humphrey B.bear at the Maryland's shopping mall in NSW many many years ago.
If it was not for a young mother standing beside us who said to her partner something about him having no pants on... all would have been fine. affraid
I hate that women for depriving me...a little kid of an opportunity to have his picture taken with such an Australian icon.

I have thought about getting a portrait done now to fill that childhood gap, but at 43yrs of age...im not sure i could "bear" having to explain it.
But it would make one hell of an Avatar. lol!

BIG CAT SIGHTINGS... - Page 2 842931-humphrey-b-bear
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  TheH0ward Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:56 pm

OldWoman, welcome Smile
As for being new, out of place questions etc.... this forum thrives on questions. We need them, so ask anything anytime. Everyone here is tops, not to mention funny and i can honestly say that ive been cheered up so many times by this forum and the great members it has.
hey i dont know much but i love to post, lol.

As for the bear with no pants.... thanks narrawa, ive never thought of it till now. how rude was my fav tv show and i didnt even notice, lol. there is a woman here in my town who often goes shopping and forgets to put her skirt on.... maybe she watched too much bear tv Question Laughing

TheH0ward
TheH0ward
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 842
Registration date : 2010-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:11 pm

TheH0ward wrote:.... there is a woman here in my town who often goes shopping and forgets to put her skirt on.... maybe she watched too much bear tv Question Laughing

I guess she likes to " bear " all affraid question is...how much can we " bear "?. "Bear" in mind, i would not be the kind to "sticky stare like a bear" either. Laughing When you see this kind of behavior, you have to "bear" in mind they might not be the full teddy bear. Laughing
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:13 pm

That is just too much to "bear".....Maybe not big CAT sightings but something similar.... affraid

Now I am too scared to head down that way TH.
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  silwane Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi there everyone,
I am only a newby to the gold detecting scene, and as most do, have been browsing the net for some time getting some hints on starting out.
But been a little reluctant to contribute to the forum with any tales due to my lack of success in the field:D Though i couldn't help myself when i stumbled across this topic of big cats.
The big cat theory, I'm sure everyone has heard of'em. The old Military mascot and the zoo escapee and God knows what? But all with no substantial evidence to prove sustainable genetic pools for breeding long term. So unless there is a 100 year old Puma/Panther that has been on a century long road trip around Oz, the odds are stacked against the possability of a genuine Big Cat lurking around this wonderful country of ours.
Spending a great portion of my life outdoors and always having an interest with wildlife. I have had many an encounter with all kinds of feathered and furry critters in all kinds of landscapes. I couldnt recall the amount of times that we've spotted an old feral feline or pig doing its own thing in the distance and without having anything nearby to size it up to. Would swear it was 3 foot tall and weighed 100kg. But to later walk over and find it's tracks were an inch wide and probably was 30 kilo's ringin' wet. But thats the beauty of the human mind and it's imagination!
The fact of the matter is that all animals regardless of how elusive they may be or how low in numbers their population, they all leave tracks. So for the amount of men and woman out and about daily in the mountains and deserts of Australia, and that no deffinative pug marks have ever been found to certify the existence of a big cat is amazing.
Most big cat sightings in and around mountainous country, i believe would be wild dogs or the back end of a swamp wallaby darting off through the scrub. As for the screaming sounds, I've heard koalas make blood curdling noises day and night that would make anyone freeze in their tracks.
So apart from those wild dog/dingo high breds up in the high country that can be troublesome at times i wouldn't lose any sleep at night worrying about a big cat prowling around camp anytime soon.
Now i might sound a little sceptical, but it doesn't mean i wouldn't love to be proven wrong on the subject.
Cheers to everyone and keep up the good work..
silwane
silwane
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-03-22

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2