Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Final report on the Bash

+2
Digginerup
Poopsy4254
6 posters

Go down

My Final report on the Bash Empty My Final report on the Bash

Post  Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:06 pm

The Laanecoorie Gold Bash this year I think blow everyone away on how the event went. I got there very early on the Friday morning and set up camp. A few early birds were already there and some even hitting the gold field with great results as we saw later on. Well done Two Bob. People were booking into the Park right through Friday.

The proceedings kicked of at about 5pm with some of our sponsors setting up their displays. Also we had some tasty nibbles being put on by the Caravan Park and there staff. “Thank you”. With the announcement of the Fish BBQ taking place at about 6.30pm. Our top European Chef “Golden” taking charge of the Fish, and Flyspecks looking after the onions, these boys did the BBQ proud. We also had one fantastic waiter looking after the hungry crowed and keeping us all in control. Thanks Ruffles. But the fish BBQ would not have been possible if it was not for one forum member with a BIG HEART donating the fish, and that person is Blisters. Mate everyone there was truly grateful of your generosity. We raised a lot of money out of that BBQ but that would not have happened if it was not for you. Thanks again mate.

After dinner we kicked of the proceedings with a “Welcome to the Bash” and a “Thank you” to our sponsors, then the agenda for the weekend done by Mariner. We then had an up date about what is happening with the PMAV & NAPFA and were they stand with the State Parks issues in each State, by Dean Smith & Steve. After that it was just meet and greet and be merry for the rest of the night mingling with crowd and old friends.

Saturday events started of at 8.30am with static displays put on by Bendigo Gold, Environmental Creations and Deans Smith replica Gold Nugget Display. Aussie Detecting & Prospecting, Park Victoria, Detech Australia, Grandfather Johnson Bric a Brac store of prospecting gear and my display for the wet water prospector and panning demos.o
There was detector training happening right through the day and the whole of the weekend with Mark & Ronda Hyde from Gold Prospecting Australia. Darren Kamp of Gold & Relics was accompanied with John Gladdis, Doug Stone & Tony Mills as his training team. Both of these trainings were done out in the field. Bendigo Gold was conducting training inside the park on the 3030 machine. Every training session was completely booked out by the end of Friday night.

Saturday night kicked of with a fantastic “Roast Dinner” put on by the staff of the Caravan Park. You could not beat the value at $11 per head. The rest of the evening got under way with a very interesting talk by Doug Stone on the early formations of the gold field and were to look. After that it was open forum time with the three most informative prospectors around, John Gladdis Tony Mills & Dough Stone, telling us what it was like when they first started out in prospecting. This was light hearted and very entertaining.
The BIG raffle was next with over 50 items up for grabs from a Metal detector right through to detector hats and with many great prizes in between. Selling over 900 ticks for the Peter Mc.Callum Cancer Research Centre.  

Sunday was much the same as Saturday with the training going on. But we had also Win News turn up on the day to document the whole event. Everyone got back by lunch time for the wind up of the bash and for our major event of the weekend, the “Auction” of some of the best prospecting and other items around. We had a professional Auctioneer Allan Guy from Clunes Real Estate taking over the proceeding. Allan not only got some great money for our charity but also entertained everyone at the same time. Thanks Allan. There was some great bargains to be had, like coils going for almost half price.
At the end of the day we had the draw for all financial members of the PMAV & NAPFA, the winning prize was a Minelab Pro Pointer donated by Coiltek Maryborough.

The PMAV & NAPFA signed up 60+ members between them. Either new members or re-newel of old memberships.  
I would now like to thank everyone how helped in putting this Bash together. Helpers we had over the weekend. (You know who you all are) The Sponsors and Trainers, our guest speakers, our Auctioneer, Staff of the Caravan Park. Blisters for the fish. But most of all everyone who turned up to make this the best Bash so far and helped in raising over $11,000 for the Peter Mc Callum Clinic. THANK YOU ALL it made it all worth while.
Wombat Wink 

PS Please forgive me if I have forgotten any one.

Back to top Go down

My Final report on the Bash Empty Re: My Final report on the Bash

Post  Guest Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks Wombat.
Excellent report for those that weren`t there.
Eleven grand Shocked Shocked Shocked 
Outstanding Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post  Poopsy4254 Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:56 pm

Thanks for the report Wombat. Will try to get over there for next years meet, sounds like a great weekend Smile

Poopsy4254
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2012-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:19 pm

Good work people,Wink    Q15   well done to all who played a part,always big kudos for those who go out of thier way to help others, great to see the event growing, hope to attend sometime perhaps.

Wayne.cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold Miner Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:03 am

Great report Wombat, Thanks!!
Gold Miner
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

My Final report on the Bash Empty -my-final-report-on-the-bash

Post  Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:53 pm

hi wombat,11k for the weekend WOW! well done to all that was involved Very Happy  thanks for every ones kind words for the fish im happy it went well Very Happy  went to a great cause with great people supporting the bash. Very Happy next year might even get down myself????? see how things pan out. Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Blisters,
If you come next year you will be my guest (and whoever come with you ).
Lake view is great:

Morning coffee:

My Final report on the Bash 01410

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

My Final report on the Bash Empty Bash round up

Post  ttrash Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Thanks Wombat for the final report .

Disappointed to be in Qld at this time , but delighted to read of the final tally & support from all
that were behind the scenes & those who made the effort to go to the weekend .

Congratulations to all , especially Bill .

2014 is just around the corner .

Anthony.
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

My Final report on the Bash Empty -my-final-report-on-the-bash

Post  Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:23 pm

golden wrote:Blisters,
If you come next year you will be my guest (and whoever come with you ).
Lake view is great:

Morning coffee:

My Final report on the Bash 01410

GoldEN
hi enio that's a mighty nice offer mate Very Happy  just have to see how things are going when it gets closer.Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:50 pm

Great report of the Bash Bill and a big congrats to all concerned...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers 

Back to top Go down

My Final report on the Bash Empty Final Report

Post  Gold&Relics Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:40 pm

Great report Wombat. And a fantastic result for the Peter Mac Cancer Centre.

I just wanted to give Alan Gay, the auctioneer his correct name and business. Alan is the Managing Director of AAG Real Estate which covers Clunes and Creswick areas. Look him up if you are in this area at www.aagpc.com.au. Alan is a fantastic support to the prospecting community and he is such an entertaining performer it is worth attending just to see him in action. Unfortunately he was not available to be the auctioneer at the upcoming PMAV AGM this year but he did a wonderful job at last year's event. Alan is a very charitable person and he is actively involved in the Ballarat Rotary Club spending a good part of every year building homes for the poor in third world countries. He does so much for so many charity events and never expects anything in return. You're a good bloke Al!!
Gold&Relics
Gold&Relics
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-08-16

http://www.goldandrelics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Q33  Q38 

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Q38  Great report Wombat Q38 

This year's Bash was just brilliant ... a credit to all who gave of their time and effort. I'm sure Jim would be extremely proud of the Park's participation in such a great event, too!

I will definitely be back for 2014 Q39 
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down