Garrett Pro Pointer CSI.

Go down

Garrett  Pro Pointer CSI. Empty Garrett Pro Pointer CSI.

Post  Minermike on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:22 pm

FYI I bought one from the USA on E-Bay. Cost AU $162.43 free postage. Did not pay any GST or any other tax. Walked around the corner to test it out. Behind the surf club there are trees and grass. A lot of people sit under the trees, I waved the Pro Pointer about in a horizontal position. When I got a signal I put it in a vertical position to find a $2 coin. I then found a 50 cent coin close by. The next few finds were of course bottle tops ! I was only using a screw driver, it is tough couch grass. Knives are not allowed in pubic places. I did make a small core cutter some time ago, just got to find it. So now the Garrett Pro Pointer has cost me only AU $160. !
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1509
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Garrett  Pro Pointer CSI. Empty Re: Garrett Pro Pointer CSI.

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:08 pm

Is this you Mike?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2005817/New-York-man-makes-500-week-gold-pavement-cracks.html

There was a little trick to get better depth out of those things- another inch or two. Have a search for it. I think there was a you tube for it also.

If your going to use that to search for coins, i suggest using a 30cm² grid..... Laughing Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:59 pm

You hold a coin on the side and move it up or down. I think there is a topic on it on this forum. Although I have only used it for 30 mins. , I can see it is a great tool . On grass , I always had a problem on pin pointing with my Minelab Explorer. Very frustrating and I walked away from many targets. I know a young guy that found a solid gold ring in the area that I was, this morning, it was just lying on the grass ! I have put the batteries on charge so that I can fire up the Explorer to morrow. As it is school holidays, a good number of people have been on the beach. I hope some body does not get on the beach before me and cleans it out . I will work on the grass later. Another day , every day is Saturday , when you are retired ! Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1509
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:40 pm

Poking around roads & footpaths with a pinpointer ? Wouldn`t you get signals from all the metal in the concrete ? Even my garage floor sets my detector off quite easily.

Is the Garrett the best pinpointer to get ? I need one and someone mentioned here last week to avoid getting a Minelab unit.

HUSH HUSH

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:47 pm

There was some discussion as to the ability of the Minelab ProPointer interfering with the GPX5000, I believe, even when the Pointer was switched off. This being its drawback. I have a Garret and have never found it interferes with any of the detectors that I've used ... although my last detector was only the GPX4000 (a ripper!!)

There was a whole thread dedicated to just this subject at one stage, although it would probably be four or five months ago now.
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1901
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:07 am

Hi Kate,

I think it's the other way around with the 5K. The Minelab unit doesn't interfere when switched off yet the Garret does even when switched off. I have tested this out when I had my pinpointer and a friend had the garret. I miss my pinpointer. Will be putting that on santas list along with some coils and longer Carbonfibre shaft.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum