Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the scene....

2 posters

Go down

New to the scene.... Empty New to the scene....

Post  Elphinstone Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and new to the prospecting scene, I live in Orange and got into the sport thanks to my Dad getting me interested with his GPX4000, after we found a small nugget together at Ophir I got a bit addicted and have recently got myself a GPX5000 and so far I've got a half jar of lead and bits of metal for my troubles, I like that Ophir is close and it's where I found my first nugget but being such an old goldfield I seem to have spent most of my time digging rubbish, I'd love any information that anyone has about good prospecting areas within striking distance of Orange (there was gold found all over this area).... I need to find my first nugget with the new 5000... Also I'm struggling to get a good ground balance with the monoloop coil out at Ophir, does anyone have any tips for getting the mono to settle? the only way I can get it to work ok is on Enhance and GB specific, but then I find it seems to loose it's depth? still learning how to handle the technology so any help from the experts would be appreciated.... Thanks guys....
Happy detecting...
Elphinstone
Elphinstone

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-07-29

Back to top Go down

New to the scene.... Empty Re: New to the scene....

Post  kon61 Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:08 am

G'day Elphinstone,welcome to the forum.

Get into the thread "All About Detectors" and into the section which reads GPX 5000 & 4800.There's plenty of info on the 5000 that hopefully,might answer your question as to the ground balance issues.

Cheers Kon.What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

New to the scene.... Empty Re: New to the scene....

Post  Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:17 am

Welcome to the forum Elphinstone

Hope you worked out your troubles with your detector.
Although if you are finding plenty of lead, that golden nugget can't be too far away.

Oh and Happy birthday for today T19 T17

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum