Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BullFinch WA

3 posters

Go down

BullFinch WA Empty BullFinch WA

Post  sleepr Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:08 pm

Well i have a chance soonish, to try out a camper trailer for a 4 day break.
Is it worth my while in trying to swing the arm around Bullfinch?
Has it been worked over to the max being so close to Perth...am i better off packing the rods and heading south to try out camper.
Anyone here had any joy up near bullfinch, southern cross?
I 'm looking to hire a detector from Reeds in Midland...between to 2 which would suit a novice and so i'm confident it
is working...GP 3500 or the GPX 4000.
I"m also trying to research thru the DMP dept. for tenement alive and dead around the area..wow i'm finding thats hard in itself.
I have tried online tengraph but isn't loading, tried geoview that loads but take ages for it to do anything.
Have downloaded goggle earth..still trying to work out to do there ..can you load tailings and mine marking to that?
Well I thought maybe just ask here...is this the only way to get info of mine activity and tailings marked on a map other than talking to local prospectors?
Help i can't sleep at night...
sleepr
sleepr
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

BullFinch WA Empty Re: BullFinch WA

Post  hoolahoopa Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:50 am

hey sleepr when i first started trying to load tenegraph and wouldnt work, i didnt realise that you needed to download the citrix software from the dmp website first. just a thought.
regards chad

hoolahoopa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2009-04-14

Back to top Go down

BullFinch WA Empty Bullfinch WA

Post  johnf Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi sleeper, spoke to a friendly local in southern cross while passing thru. He said the locals detect in the Parker Range which i think he said was aprox 50-60 kms south of SX. Hope the camping goes well. regards, johnf

johnf
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

BullFinch WA Empty Re: BullFinch WA

Post  Guest Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:12 am

Gday

Hi Sleepr, the Parker Range area is relatively small but can produce the odd piece here and there, I have heard that some people have done well there over the years and went there myself last season for a bit of a snoop about, I found a small patch for about an ounce but that was about it, nothing else.

You could always go just North of Southern Cross, out along the Mount Jackson road, there is a lot of mining activity in the area, there is quite a lot of activity about the Bullfinch area too but its all close to town so I havent bothered with it, but rather gone further north up to Diemals and then on to Menzies but thats a long haul and you would need more than a few days.

The weather up that way is warm this time of year and you might get a bit of a surprise how harsh it can be, one year I took my nephew up that way for a few days and the temps got to 47.8 before we decided to bug out , its very unforgiving so be prepared and take lots of water, personally at this time of year I would recommend going down south to try out the trailer and leave the bush trip until say about May or June, then once we are into the wet season you have to also be careful where you go as the place can also become a big mud puddle.

good luck

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum