Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speaker connector for the Rooster Booster?

3 posters

Go down

Speaker connector for the Rooster Booster? Empty Speaker connector for the Rooster Booster?

Post  bicter Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:58 am

Hi all, does anybody know where I can buy the connector used on the Rooster Booster, was replacing the cable this morning(for the 2nd time), rubbish quality cable, and melted the plastic housing sufficient for the pin to become loose causing poor/intermittent connection.

Thanks
Terry
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Speaker connector for the Rooster Booster? Empty Re: Speaker connector for the Rooster Booster?

Post  Auger Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:38 pm

Bicter -

I'd try somewhere like Jaycar first. Maybe not a small agent, but a more a full-blown store etc.
http://search.jaycar.com.au/search?w=microphone%20connector&view=list

Cheers - Phil
Auger
Auger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Speaker connector for the Rooster Booster? Empty Re: Speaker connector for the Rooster Booster?

Post  bicter Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:07 am

Phil,
Thanks for that. I should have mentioned I'd already checked Jaycar and Prime here in Brissy. I guess the next step is Farnell or RS. I'll post back if I manage to source the connector.

Regards
Terry
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Auger Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:09 pm

OK - have you also tried Altronics ?
http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=prod&grp=157
There is prob only one store in Bris' though !
Cheers - Phil

Auger
Auger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Thanks Phil,
Looks like I might have to modify the Rooster Booster to fit different type plug & socket as I'm not having a lot of luck. Will bodgy up the plug for this weekend and sort it next week, thanks for trying.
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Auger Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Maybe just use a good old (1/4inch ?) jack/socket etc.
BTW - I was assuming it was just a CB-mic style connector etc. Was the number/config' of pins the problem ?
Cheers - Phil

Tue' 30th - BAD assumption ! - esp' after looking at Minelab and CB-mic connectors side-by-side Embarassed

Last edited by Auger on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops)
Auger
Auger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:37 pm

Phil,
I have found it. For future information it is called a mini XLR. Available from Jaycar & Farnell(element14) The Jaycar P/N is PS-1924 http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=PS1924. I've ordered one from Farnell and will confirm it is the correct connector.... all the dimensions appear the same Smile

Regards
Terry
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:07 pm

Phil,
I have found it. For future information it is called a mini XLR. Available from Jaycar & Farnell(element14) The Jaycar P/N is PS-1924 http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=PS1924. I've ordered one from Farnell and will confirm it is the correct connector.... all the dimensions appear the same Smile

Regards
Terry
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  corydale Wed May 01, 2013 8:58 am

Hey terry,
you could always just ask me haha.
corydale
corydale
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Wed May 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Cory,
Thanks for the offer LoL.... I've now decided that the answer is a retractile curly cord with new plug and existing speaker. Curly cord off a dead headset headset at work. If it works out OK, I'll do you one too.
BTW, received my new Mini XLR connector from Element14 today and its the right one.... and appears to have a more robust inner plastic insulator than the original.

Regards
Terry
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down