Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi,from south coast nsw.

2 posters

Go down

Hi,from south coast nsw. Empty Hi,from south coast nsw.

Post  rooster Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:38 pm

Thought i would join this great forum.
I have been trying my luck in and around the Shoalhaven area for the last year but only ever found junk,still surpises me what you find in the most remote areas of bush.I have a SD2200D with mods but have just purchased a new DD 12/15 commander coil,lead,regulator,speaker and batteries to update the old set up i originaly had.I'm looking forward to trying out the new combination set up this easter around the Mogo area.Anyone had any luck in that area?
Sometimes i take the kids down to the beach detecting,they love digging up all the trash and the odd coin.
Hopefully my luck changes this easter with a golden egg!
I'm also a mad eastern suburbs fan so "rooster" it is for my username.
rooster
rooster
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-03-26

Back to top Go down

Hi,from south coast nsw. Empty Re: Hi,from south coast nsw.

Post  Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:34 pm

G'day rooster and welcome to the forum. Very Happy . There is plenty of good information and knowledgable people on this site as well. Q31 . Hope to hear some of you success stories in the near future. Q13

Cheers.

Mike. Q39

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Shouldn't tell ya nothing since I'm a broncos supporter but I suppose we won't hold that against you this time Smile

Some very good gold has come out of mogo in the last couple of years, I have only ever found little bits there but a mate of mine showed me 6 nuggets he got there for 8 oz. a lot of the open/clear areas close to town have been hit pretty hard, so look a bit further out and in areas that are hard to detect.
There is still a lot of gold out at nerrigundah, I have picked up quite a bit on the alluvial mullock heaps but the leaches out there are hostile, bloody thousands of them. I have dug out the shale bedrock in the bottom of the pits here before and done really well aswell.
Narooma is a lot more pleasant to prospect but same as mogo the open easy areas have been hit pretty hard, so you need to try the hard to get at spots ( like in the blackberries Shocked ). Punkalley ck is the easiest spot to pan some color with the kids, let me know if you need directions.
Bermagui is not too bad to detect but is the smallest and most well known spot so has been pretty well detected. A couple of mates raked down the mullock heaps at the Montreal diggings years ago there and did really well.
Junk is a good sign mate, it means it hasn't been detected properly, persist with it and you I'll get some eventually.

Good luck
DD

Ps go the mighty broncos cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:10 pm

Welcome aboard the forum Rooster.Are you bantam weight or one of the heavyweights? Laughing cheers What a Face

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  rooster Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:56 pm

I must say i'm probably heading towards the bantam weight range lol,whenever i go detecting i get a good workout exploring the bush and getting to remote areas,thanks to gps as back up,i had this crazy idea of detecting this massive gorge one day,got to the bottom in 2 hrs and followed it until i found a big gravel wash pile,i was detecting it when a large rock broke off the cliff face and landed not too far from me,i took that as a sign and got out of there.It took me about 3 hrs to climb out of their while starting to cramp up,the things we do.Well i lost 3 kilos in that adventure.
Thanks for the great info DD and it's a long season your Bronco's will bounce right back. Smile
rooster
rooster
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-03-26

Back to top Go down