Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Red Streak lead at Forbes NSW

2 posters

Go down

Red Streak lead at Forbes NSW Empty Red Streak lead at Forbes NSW

Post  Geoff Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:33 pm

Hi folks,

I am hoping someone may be able to assist me - I am seeking the exact location of the Red Streak lead at the Forbes NSW gold fields. I have looked at the Forbes map in Doug Stone's "Gold Prospecting", checked with the museum and historical society in Forbes and on the mines government site but without success so far. Any ideas appreciated,

Thanks,

Geoff

Geoff
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down

Red Streak lead at Forbes NSW Empty Red Streak Lead

Post  Wayne "Gold" Hunter Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:54 am

Hello,
I have heard of the Red streak lead, but it is near Gulgong not forbes????? see www.dpi.nsw.gov.au prime fact 568. I beleive that it is located on private property now though.

Wayne "Gold" Hunter
New Poster
New Poster

Registration date : 2009-12-23

Back to top Go down

Red Streak lead at Forbes NSW Empty Re: Red Streak lead at Forbes NSW

Post  Geoff Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:35 am

Thanks Wayne, yes there is a Red Streak lead at Gulgong and also at least one named the same in the Victorian goldfields. All I have established about the Forbes Red Streak lead is that it had shafts about 200 feet deep and was parallel to the main lead. I suspect it is to the west of the main lead but I would like to find its true location.

Geoff

Geoff
New Poster
New Poster

Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down

Red Streak lead at Forbes NSW Empty Red Streak

Post  Wayne "Gold" Hunter Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:03 pm

No worries, I am trying to get onto the lead at Gulgong, in negotiations now, I am very new to fossicking and I think I have a bit of the gold fever, anyway it seems to be good fun....will keep the forums posted.

Wayne "Gold" Hunter
New Poster
New Poster

Registration date : 2009-12-23

Back to top Go down