Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whites oz series some info i found.

2 posters

Go down

whites oz series some info i found.  Empty whites oz series some info i found.

Post  Russtic Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:24 pm

I have been looking at the ML eureka then started looking into the oz series.....

check out these videos, you probably know the guy (Brian Bateson) but im new to the forum. he only uses whites. not sure if this one in the video is even the oz pro, he had an SL? as well. he helped develop the oz pro. he knows the settings for vic gold fields. for the price you cant go wrong, its seems a little fiddly to GB but once you get the hang it its easy, that's what i have read from him.

(bc im a newbie here i cant post links or photo links)
Part 1 - youtube watch?v=pCHwXYU8eKg
part 2 - youtube watch?v=fxmYCTRRHBc

he is an australian dealer for Razorback coils , uses 14" mono on open ground and a 5X10 Ellipt Folded 8 for other. i got that info from. whitesgoldmaster forum, see some of his brians posts (grubstake is his handle)

Also interesting, the maker of razor back coils youtube channel, have a look at his testing box, great idea..... he also tests minelab on one of the videos. from what i gather there is only an inch difference between the pro and the ml version he uses. a keen eye from you guys might see more than my newbe eyes. on youtube /user/goldendredger

photos of some of his small finds from the triangle can be seen on razorbackcoils web site Australian dealer link

if you know this guy, post more info here, has he got his own youtube channel? would like to see more.

Russtic
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-01-26

Back to top Go down

whites oz series some info i found.  Empty i contacted him and he got back to me.

Post  Russtic Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:47 am

his reply on the TDI oz pro and the coils he uses.

I was involved in the early testing of the TDI in Australia. My TDI is an early American release model sent out for testing. Eric Foster came out to Australia and did modifications to several units to suit our conditions and that became the base for the TDI Pro Oz. My TDI is probably a littyle bit better than the stock TDI Oz Pro.
The TDI is a great machine but takes a while to master. The stock coil is a mono on the Australian model and has reasonable performance. I use the Razorback 8.5 x 11 most of the time and the Razorback 10 x 14 for deeper targets.
Detection depth will depend on target size, ground conditions, operator skill and coil size. In perfect conditions the Minelab 4500/5000 will go deeper than the TDI but in trashy conditions or areas with high EMI or very hot ground the TDI wins hands down. The TDI is a lot cheaper of course and a lot easier to use. No harness and external battery pack. Beware of people who claim to be digging up targets from 3+ feet. Most of them have a large section missing from the center of their measuring tape.

Russtic
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-01-26

Back to top Go down

whites oz series some info i found.  Empty Re: whites oz series some info i found.

Post  Ben78 Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:08 pm

Be careful of moving target under a stationary coil testing videos. Because detectors use a auto-tune threshold the ground is tuned out and what you are seeing performed is no different to an air test, albeit with some 'stuff that isn't air' in the way. When you move a coil over the ground the varying ground has to be accounted for.
Ben78
Ben78
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down