Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which is best?

5 posters

Go down

which is best? Empty which is best?

Post  pax211 Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:43 pm

hi guys i got to thinking and was wondering which is the best coil for the 5000 for say 2 grammers up to 2 ozers in say medium depth any suggestions?

pax211
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-10-15

Back to top Go down

which is best? Empty which is best?

Post  LONE WOLF XLIX Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:50 pm

Hi Pax,

I am not qualified to comment on the issue as i have not yet found a 2 oz nugget, but i can say that i have found the nugget finder advantage 14 x 9 spoked great on the smaller stuff which i have found ,in W.A. and Vic triangle, at depth of a few inches to 2feet ,and i have not used all brands of coils so i cant say which is better than any other .But I can say if you belive in what you have you will be at a great advantage . So Good luck in your quest of finding what you will use and make your favourite.
LONE WOLF XLIX
LONE WOLF XLIX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

which is best? Empty Re: which is best?

Post  Shinegold Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:13 pm

I would say the 14" DD round, but you gotta go slow. Other than that, if you're still looking for the first nugget of the day, for the sizes you mentioned I'd go with an 11"round mono.
Shinegold
Shinegold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:43 pm

G'day pax211 as an all round coil I would suggest a 14" mono n/f or c/t... They would find the small bits as well as larger deeper bits... This is my opinion only... Good luck and happy hunting... Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  snapper Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:05 pm

G,day Pax211, im with Mike on this one, i thought the 24x12 n/f was a good coil but latley i just cant get the 14" n/f off my detector cheers Stu
snapper
snapper
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post  pax211 Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Cheers for the reply guys im trying to take in as much knowledge as i can .I just went out to kalgoorlie on my first trip about a month ago.I didnt find anything but it was a huge learning curve for me so now im trying to fine tune what i learnt a bit and add new stuff to what i know.

pax211
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  pax211 Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Has anyone used a nugget tech in this size?

pax211
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

which is best? Empty 17 inch nugget finder

Post  pedro Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:35 pm

I found most my gold with my 17 inch nugget finder elliptical I have also the 14 inch elliptical nf and the 24 inch nf for best all round 17 inch performs the best on good depth and allround nugget size..The 15 inch minelab mono would be my second favourite and the 14 inch nf coming in a close third. Just sweep a bit slower and have some overlap with the bigger coils an you will find plenty of yellow.I think most coils are pretty good nowadays depends on application.

I find slow and steady the way to go too many people try to cover ground too fast with large coils looking for that retirement rock. I have never not found gold on every outing so far must be doing something right.Cheers Pedro cheers
pedro
pedro
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum