Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geelong newbie...

3 posters

Go down

Geelong newbie...  Empty Geelong newbie...

Post  Poss Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:55 am

Hi everyone ,
My name is Poss and i am into a bit of detecting and Hi Banking / Sluicing....
Just bought a SH SD22002v and i own a home made Hi Banker pirat
I have made a couple of posts now and thought i better say hello to everyone on this cool forum.. cheers
I plan on detecting around the south part of the triangle, and any where else i can have a crack... and will be trying to find some good creeks, gullies etc for the Hi Banking, i have been to Reedy Ck Eldorado before and had tons of fun digging and seperating the sands :-) .. got gold too ... just like flour ... i have not been golding for about 6 years now, and am glad to have the fever again .
I have been previously incapacitated due to a severe illness ( GBS ), and find it hard to walk for hours on end and get fatigued ... but the gold is calling me farao
Hoping to find some small bits to keep me interested for now.. maybee about a KILO affraid anyhoo, first of all i am going to read many posts and get some knowledge under the old belt ... looking for gold is like being a detective, so many things to investigate !
Now, where is that false bottomed gully that has been missed by the old timers ? hehe
Cheers , Poss

Poss
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-09-19

Back to top Go down

Geelong newbie...  Empty Re: Geelong newbie...

Post  CostasDee Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:18 am

Good on ya Poss and although I've spoken to you plenty of times before, officially welcome to the forum. I can somehow feel that it won't be long before you have you kilo in gold.
Cheers
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Bushed-Tracker Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:54 am

Welcome Poss - sounds like you are pretty well set up. Might be worth looking at a regulated 12v power supple for the V2 and set it to run about 7.3 volts. Big improvement and try some of the smaller modern coils an 11" or 8" Commander mono.

Cheers John
Bushed-Tracker
Bushed-Tracker
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:38 pm

G'day Poss and welcome to the forum... Good luck when you get back out there... Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi Poss,
and welcome to the forum.
Kilo is always a good start so good luck.Some pictures would be nice when you get there.

GoldEN

Back to top Go down