Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help using WAMEX

2 posters

Go down

Help using WAMEX Empty Help using WAMEX

Post  gildedprospects Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:59 pm

I cannot for the life of me get any information out of WAMEX regarding exploration reports.

I can get links to MINEDEX info, etc (which is very interesting) but no matter what I do I can never get the relevant reports to come up in the search box. Even when I put (what I'm assuming are) the report A_NUMs in the search, it does nothing. Is there a trick to it I'm just not getting? I'm by no means computer illiterate and I'm really struggling with the interface. I have no problems with MINEDEX and Tengraph!
At best I can get it to bring up some results, but they are for areas far from where I want to know about.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get the best (or anything?!) out of WAMEX?

gildedprospects
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Help using WAMEX Empty Re: Help using WAMEX

Post  Driller Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:30 pm

Gildedprospects............try this

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/5136.aspx#

if page opens click "access to Wamex" then if wamex opens, in the green box you should see a drop down menu with Western Australia, if so drop the menu and highlight 1-100,000. This should then open another box in the green area with "select mapsheet" in it.
Open the drop down menu and select "Kalgoorlie". Click search. This should give you all the reports for that map.

Wamex used to be difficult to use..........then they re-vamped it.............now its very difficult and time consuming.

Driller.

Driller
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:47 pm

The way i use WAMEX which is easy for me,

Accessing Wamex Data through Tengraph

start up Tengraph and open the area you are interested in, I have used Coolgardie area as an example.
once open and loaded click on the selections tab and then scroll down to WAMEX SCREEN and click it.

Help using WAMEX Wamex1copy

Your screen will now change, you will also get a highlight box explaining the colors.
all WAMEX tenements will be orange,
Select a tenement you wish to view and then click the I.... info Tab

Help using WAMEX Wamex3copy-1

a new screen will now pop up, it will show all reports available on the tenement in this example there is only 1
click on the file folder.

Help using WAMEX Wamex4copy-1

you will have a choice of files to view, i find the pdf are the best you can either view it or download it to your hard drive.
The zip files usually contain soil sampling data.

Help using WAMEX Wamex5copy
hope this helps getting around Wamex

Back to top Go down

Post  Driller Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:26 pm

G/P,

Mine is a "blokes look"....................Gypsy`s is a "woman`s look"......................big difference....... Help using WAMEX Icon_razz

Driller
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  gildedprospects Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:36 pm

THANK YOU! Help using WAMEX Icon_cheers

You guys are deadset legends, I think I've finally gotten some results out of it. Using Tengrapgh to access the records makes it much easier to navigate the morass.

I checked the help on the govt. site several times and it was no help at all, maybe yous should tender for the contract Help using WAMEX Icon_lol

Driller wrote:Mine is a "blokes look"....................Gypsy`s is a "woman`s look"......................big difference....... Help using WAMEX Icon_razz

Ha it still worked though mate... you can't argue with results Help using WAMEX Icon_wink

gildedprospects
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down