Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glendon?????

4 posters

Go down

Glendon????? Empty Glendon?????

Post  Darcy135 Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:27 pm

hi everyone
has anyone been out to Glendon and if so did you get any finds
cheers darcy

Darcy135
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Glendon????? Empty Re: Glendon?????

Post  magpieman Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:25 pm

hey darcy i havent been out to glendon but looking at goin out to thanes ck talgai tommorrow have you checked these areas out before???

magpieman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  bicter Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Hi Darcy,
I've been going to Glendons on and off for the last 6 months.
Yes there's gold there, gotta work to get it though. Most of it is small stuff with pickers mixed in. I haven't had any success detecting there but haven't done much either. The best way to get gold out there is to use a highbanker but with the creeks dry, well they were before this rain, you will need to cart the dirt to the dam to process it. On our last trip, the girlfriends grandson dug our biggest piece to date and Bruce weighed it at 0.04 grams, that should give you an idea.
Most of the gold is in the creek beds but can also be found by crevicing.
I have processed a few buckets I've collected from Thanes creek prospecting area and found pickers but it seems to be a bit hit'n miss there. At least at Glendons, you'll generally get colour in a 20litre bucket of dirt.
Hope that helps.
If you're new to the game, Bruce says he will be out there this Sunday so try to catch up with him for a chat and maybe some instruction. He is in a white 4X4 towing a trailer that is generally full of 20 litre buckets and pans. If you want to arrange a lesson with him, his number is 0423659001.
BTW for better local info, join up on http://queenslandprospectingclub.org a good bunch of like minded fossickers Smile

Regards
Terry
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  OldPanner Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:31 pm

G'day. Went out to Glendon a few years ago and spent the day with Bruce and found our first gold. As stated it is small but there was colour in our first pan. Great day out.

OldPanner

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-06-25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum