Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

quick track button "beep" after ground balance

3 posters

Go down

quick track button "beep" after ground balance Empty quick track button "beep" after ground balance

Post  bikehe Sun May 06, 2012 4:26 am

Hi all just got back from a 2 week field trip the other day and when re-ground balancing in fixed mode, I cant recall ever hearing that little beep when releasing the button. The ground balance however always worked but should there be a beep when I release the button as I do recall hearing it on a previous trip but not on this last trip. Am I missing something here or is this normal, or is it only in a certain mode that the beep occurs? Thanks for any help

bikehe
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

quick track button "beep" after ground balance Empty Re: quick track button "beep" after ground balance

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 7:35 am

Hi bikehe,

Don't be concerned this is normal behavior - no beep in Fixed.

Regards
A

Back to top Go down

quick track button "beep" after ground balance Empty beep

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 9:15 am

ararats right, it only beeps in tracking

Back to top Go down

quick track button "beep" after ground balance Empty Re: quick track button "beep" after ground balance

Post  bikehe Sun May 06, 2012 7:12 pm

Thanks for clearing that up for me fella's

bikehe
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:51 pm

If you are in tracking you can press down and hold the button and it puts it in fixed and holds it there till you release the button? If so to ground balance do you press and release the button then move the coil up and down?

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:39 am

scratch 
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:14 pm

shiraz wrote: scratch 

What I mean is if you are in tracking I was told you can push and hold in the quick track button and it will now be in fixed tracking till you release it. If this is true to GB in tracking do you simply press and release the quick track button.

Back to top Go down

Post  NuggInOne Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:53 pm

That's correct. In tracking, when you push and release the button, you get a brief fast track, so its like a ground balance reset. This is only needed if you go through some big ground changes and the ground balance has gone way out. when using tracking, every now and again I just give the coil a few pumps and keep searching.

NuggInOne
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2011-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks for that, cheers HH

Back to top Go down