Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G'day from the noobie re Panning

3 posters

Go down

G'day from the noobie re Panning Empty G'day from the noobie re Panning

Post  bazron Thu May 03, 2012 11:20 pm

G'day everyone my names Aaron im looking to get started in panning but im not to sure where im aloud to go.
i hear crown land is a good place to start. can you pan in any creek and get gold?

Aaron... Smile

bazron

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-05-03

Back to top Go down

G'day from the noobie re Panning Empty Re-g-day-from-the-noobie

Post  Guest Fri May 04, 2012 12:13 am

Gday Aaron and welcome to the forum, that is the way I started many moons ago, my last area where I use to go was at Missery creek near Enfield, not sure on the regulations on what creeks or rivers your allowed to go into you will have to check it out, I think there were some links in this forum. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

G'day from the noobie re Panning Empty Re: G'day from the noobie re Panning

Post  piko221 Fri May 18, 2012 7:58 am

Hey Aron
Im new to the sceene and was wandering the same.I have 4 kids and love camping so this just seems to go hand in hand with camping ..
Smile

piko221
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-10

Back to top Go down

G'day from the noobie re Panning Empty Re: G'day from the noobie re Panning

Post  philski Sat May 19, 2012 9:59 pm

One of the best "free" online tools to see where all the gold lives in your area is GeoVic
Comprehensive map Geological coverage for your entire state. inc historical Gold deposits

http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/earth-resources/exploration-and-mining/tools-and-resources/geovic

A little research before hand can make the finding part a lot easier on you. you need to choose what browser you are using to open the program. From memory it covers Mining tenements and land classifications.
Most Rivers, Creeks, Mountainous areas in or around known Gold Provence's are a great place to start and Vic has lots. Check everywhere and often.
philski
philski
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2012-05-03

http://www.tas-prospecting.com

Back to top Go down