Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fisher gold bug II

+2
kon61
jackhunter
6 posters

Go down

fisher gold bug II Empty fisher gold bug II

Post  jackhunter Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:59 pm

i am going to give the fisher gold bug 2 a go, just as soon as i can get my hands on 1,
at 71khz i expecting it to be a little noisy on the goldfields am wondering have people here used it ? i been told the 6.5 inch coil is the way to go as its finding the small stuff down to 8 inches where as the 14 inch coil is finding it at a inch.

jackhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-05-20

http://www.fisheraustralia.com

Back to top Go down

fisher gold bug II Empty Re: fisher gold bug II

Post  kon61 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:25 am

G'day Jackhunter.

That all depends on size of nugget Jackhunter. The 6.5 is the way to go for best detection depth on the really small stuff(0.3g and bellow)
Good for shallow terrain such as exposed slate bars in gullies,on flats etc.Even though the 14 inch coil might go deeper on larger gold above the gram+ mark,its noisy enough over the hotter ground with the 6.5 inch,not alone the 14. Remember,it is a VLF.Also you'll find discrimination with the 6.5 coil is second to none.(beats the 10 and 14 inch coils hands down).

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  pilbarachad Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:28 pm

Hey mate,

I just recently got a goldbug 2 for my missus. Havent used it a whole heap yet, its good fun to use being so light and you can pretty much just turn it on and go, no need to connect up battery and earphone leads etc

I have noticed though that the thing absolutely love hot rocks.

Anyway good luck with yours when you get it.

pilbarachad
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:44 pm

The iron id switch is there to check hotrocks with. It works well.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2012-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  pilbarachad Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:23 pm

My iron disc/normal/sensitive switch is playing up. Also i dont have a threshold sound anymore? I think i got my self a lemon of a GB2 Mad

pilbarachad
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:33 am

Maybe just the switch they go out regular if used a lot, in iron disc the threshold is silent, I am guessing its just the switch, easy fix for compentent solderer.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  pilbarachad Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Thanks goldbug sniper Very Happy .

The switch actually was the initial problem and the threshold problems developed shortly there after, i did always think aswell that it was stuck in the discriminate position aswell (cant tell as it just flops around now). Now i dont know too much about electronics but am i able to use any three way switch that fits??? Or should i chase up a proper goldbug 2 one?

pilbarachad
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  gold bug sniper Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:46 am

Sounds like the last switch may have been soldered in with wires incorrectly attached, just guessing. you may need another bug 2 sitting next to it to check wire colors on switch connectors before attaching. You may be able to email fisher for a correct switch.
gold bug sniper
gold bug sniper
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:59 am

I've got my Goldbug 2 coming next week. I've got the ultimate spot to test it & learn it. The spot has a fair bit of trash, plenty of lead shot & some very nice gold. It's relatively untouched by other detectors because of the trash.
Watched the YouTube vids & picked up some good settings for it. So when it rocks up, straight out of the box, into the field & onto YouTube Smile
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2011-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Nope. They charge us that fee. They are a pain in the bum to deal with from business point of view. That's why I don't do eBay anymore. eBay would take their cut, then PayPal with it going in & out.
That's why we offer alternative payment options including eft.
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:00 pm

That's in the disclosure statement. Unfortunately they charge us & it's not a charge that we can wear. What's with witch hunt anyway guys? It's not like its a hidden charge, it's not like I'm trying to hide it, it's not a charge I'm happy with. I've even made some pretty high complaints about it & got nowhere. So it is what it is.
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:36 pm

Don't you think I know what they are? What is trying to be implied here is that I'm out to rip people off. It's fairly simple really. Don't pay with PayPal.
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Can we get back on topic now?
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Aussiedetecting wrote:Nope. They charge us that fee. They are a pain in the bum to deal with from business point of view. That's why I don't do eBay anymore. eBay would take their cut, then PayPal with it going in & out.
That's why we offer alternative payment options including eft.

I don't see anywhere in the Paypal fees policy that they charge 25%

I do see plenty of references to 2.4%

"Standard rate: 2.4% + Fixed Fee (see table below) Merchant rate (requires one-time application, qualifying monthly sales volume, and account in good standing, see "Merchant Rate" page):
2.4% + Fixed Fee $0.00 - $5,000.00
1.1% + Fixed Fee $150,000.01 and over"

The above is straight out of their User Agreement - Fees Policy, it seems to be a less % as the volume of sales increase, but i could be wrong.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:23 pm

It's a fee that is placed on what they refer to "high risk" business & sales. We had to submit a mountain of paperwork only to have these crappy fees imposed on us. I wasn't happy with it, obviously you guys aren't either. But as PayPal has told us there's very little we can do about it. I've even tried to get the financial services ombudsman to over turn it, but that was no good. So until PayPal decide to play fair, I have no other choice but to pass it on.
Now can we stop the attack & witch hunt to get back on topic?
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

fisher gold bug II Empty my Goldbug 2 to arrive soon

Post  buzzbuzzjanko Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi all. Here is an acurate info on prizing and shipping the Goldbug 2. I bought the Item on E-bay from,,jtuya,, on 2.january 2013. The total prize was $764.99 USD. and free shipping to australia. But becouse aussie Dollar was a bit stronger, the PayPal charged my $761.75 and there is no other charge that is total Aussie Dollars. I have checked the Tracking number , and it passed Through Sort Facility in FL, ( it could mean Florida ? )
I actualy ewanted to ask con61 about an extra coil, but I think that he already answered the question, by talking to someone else.
PS. jtuya, on ebay has 99.9% satisfactory customers, cheers

buzzbuzzjanko
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Aussiedetecting Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:03 pm

We will match the prices on the FISHER America website.
Aussiedetecting
Aussiedetecting
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Aussiedetecting wrote:Don't you think I know what they are? What is trying to be implied here is that I'm out to rip people off. It's fairly simple really. Don't pay with PayPal.

This implacation is always going to happen when you have a foot on each side of the fence ! There are those who will see a post on a test of a piece of equipment and ask why isn't this in the commercial area for viewing ! Then there are those who say he does use this equipment in the field so he should post it as a just an ordinary user!

Just let it slide because you will never keep every Body happy but I do commend you for wearing your commercial interest on your sleeve Very Happy

Back to top Go down

fisher gold bug II Empty WOW my Goldbug 2 arrived today

Post  buzzbuzzjanko Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Only 9 days after I paid $761.00 USD my detector arrived from USA. My first test was impressive to me. My real gold nugget burried in my backyard (suspended on a fishing line ) 4 inchers deep. The fisher goldbug is beeping even 4 inches above the ground. That beats up my Garret ACE 350. But for the real test in real goldfield,,, tibbobyrra must wait,,, becouse we have here 45 degree celsius at the moment. I will let you all know , cheers
buzz

buzzbuzzjanko
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2012-12-15

Back to top Go down