Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuena. Nsw

2 posters

Go down

Tuena.  Nsw Empty Tuena. Nsw

Post  danielkrupski Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi all. In my last post I asked about spots closest to where I live. Tuena came up. Quite funny cos that's where my girlfriends grandparents used to go. They have passed away now so can't ask them about the place. Her dad seems to think it was tuena and places around the area. They were very much involved in fossicking for gems such as sapphires, gold, opal and other stones that I'm not quite sure what the are. Still have a shack at lightning ridge that we maintain. Any ways does tuena still produce gold. Is it a flowing creek? Would a sluice work with the flow of water? Wanting to do my research befor I go investing in machines and taking the trip down there. more than likely will go at some stage cos we love chasing her grandparents footsteps just would like some more info. Cheers

danielkrupski
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-03-19

Back to top Go down

Tuena.  Nsw Empty Re: Tuena. Nsw

Post  mr-comfy Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi mate this caught my eye on youtube. This is a vid by walandliz they put a few outon their page very informative. This one is good on crevicing down there and panning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08KCsJKouZI
mr-comfy
mr-comfy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-01-26

Back to top Go down