Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Settings gpx3000

3 posters

Go down

Settings gpx3000 Empty Settings gpx3000

Post  blackadder Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:34 am

Having only just starting out I am still trying to work out the settings on my gpx 3000. Living in the ballarat area I am not sure what level I should have the threshold, signal. I am finding a lot of trash which I expected but I could nearly open a second hand scap metal shop. I am digging every signal, and know that sooner or later color will show but I am just wanting to make sure I am giving myself every chance by having the right settings.
blackadder
blackadder
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Back to top Go down

Settings gpx3000 Empty Re: Settings gpx3000

Post  Deez Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:09 pm

Gday mate. Best thing i could suggest to you is buy a copy of JP'S Unleashing the GP series. Great DVD to watch and it will show you and teach you heaps. Also in the DVD the gold that JP digs should keep you inspired for ages. Cheers.

Deez
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi Blackadder,
Read some of my recent finds post and setting for gp3000 i use (depend of the ground) are there:
For quick reference:
front panel: level adjust 9o clock >all metal>soil normal (dont be afraid to experiment with sensitive for a shallower targert)>coils (your cohice of coil -i use DD Recently) balance>fixed.
Back panel:boost i use normal>treshold (personal choice-mine is usually arund between 12 and 1o clock)>audio signal>(personal preference-i use 12 o clock)>volume>i use 80%>tone(personal preference- i use 12 o clock.
The bigest piece so far 1.7g last week with this settings with Coiltek DD 11" Coil. (bear in mind i am newbie)

Read some post about GP Detectors here:
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/f26-gp-series

If you are finding rubish you are doing well.If you are finding little shots (round metal balls) you are doing great.Its only a metter of time you walk over gold.
Good Luck
GoldEN
BTW your model doesnt exist Gpx3000 and maybe thats why you dont find any gold Razz i only have GP3000. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  blackadder Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks Golden, ran alot smoother no gold but more defined targets. A big help thankyou. Very Happy
blackadder
blackadder
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Back to top Go down

Settings gpx3000 Empty Re; Settings Gp300

Post  YibiDavid Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Golden, I have a Gp3500 so do you think your settings would be similar to my detector. Do you think your settings would change much from State to State ie I'm going to WA like so many Eastern staters, then if you haven't detected over there it wouldn't be fair for me to ask you that? Cheers David
YibiDavid
YibiDavid
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Blackadder.
Our settings for the gp3000 in the triangle are as follows.Boost Deep Threshold just on (Mozzie Hum) Signal 2 oclock Volume 3 oclock Tone to suit Level adjust 12 o clock Disc all metal Soil sensitive Coil DD.Groundbalance fixed (regroundbalance often].These settings will get the best out of your machine.Switch from sens to normal if too noisy and regroundbalance.Again switch from deep to normal if too noisy and regroundbalance.As triangle soils are highly variable in some places you can run on 1st setting in others sens to norm is required and finally deep to normal if you have to.Always regroundbalance anytime you flick a switch.Never run them flatout.You dont gain anything doing this.Start Up. Place the machine on the ground with the coil flat on the ground.Press tune button and dont touch machine until its finished
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:28 pm

David
Email Stayyer or Nightjar Im pretty sure they will be able to set you straight on gp3500 setting for WA.
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down