Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Queenslanders!!!

+16
gcause
BrisJoe
Deni
djuncleruss
chiseller
MALCO
Mcdigger
dollybright
charcoal_chaser
Detrackozi
peterinaust
sheeds
shebabrock
ggold
quadangle
rc62burke
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

North Queenslanders!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: North Queenslanders!!!

Post  sheeds Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:17 pm

I did find alot of rocks with gold specs, but the detector showed no signs of picking it up. I put it down to pyrite?

sheeds
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

North Queenslanders!!! - Page 2 Empty Tsv MDC

Post  dollybright Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi Lee We live in Ingham and are planning to head out to Flat Creek Station before the heat rolls in. Have been once before with an el cheapo detector (let's just say, you get what you pay for) so are looking to purchase something that has a good history of finds and seems like a Minelab is the way to go - great forum this. Wanted to get to your club's last meeting but the heavens opened up and I didn't want to chance our beautiful (lol) National highway at night. When is your next meeting and where is it held please as we would love to chat with those that have knowledge and advice to share. Cheers Linda

dollybright

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:17 am

Hi Linda
I have just got back from 2 weeks in the bush thet's why this is a late reply, if you PM me your email I will send you a copy of the newsletter which has all the details you need, we have members in Ingham that may be able to help you.
cheers
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Mcdigger Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:37 pm

G'day Lee. I'll be in the ville next jan. up there for two years. I run a modded SD2200 and looking to get a GPX 4500 soon enough. I am coming from two years in vic. I have had some fun in the triangle, and i am looking forward to seeing some new ground in qld. I too love prospecting and have since i was a young lad. I will endeavour to join the ville club once i'm up there and will spend many a weekend out in the scrub. The first thing i'll have to do is get the permit and work out where i can prospect. From what i read there are only limited public land areas available. Sounds painful having to seek landholder permission all the time. In vic you can prospect on just about any state parkland.

Looking forward to getting up there. Might see you at the club sometime

Macca
Mcdigger
Mcdigger
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi Macca
Just saw your post, I am away until the end of Jan, I am sure we will catch up.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

North Queenslanders!!! - Page 2 Empty RE NORTH QUEENSLANDERS

Post  MALCO Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Hi LEE
We are full time traveling, towing a Kedron Caravan with a 200 series Landcruiser, but I guess Hervey Bay is still our base, although we are
very rarely there. I have a GP3000, and also enjoy panning, but am just starting out in this adictive hobby. Not a member of a club as yet,
but I like the idea, do you think there is a benefit, considering always on the move? The grandkids live in Forest Beach near Ingham, so we
are up that way a couple of times a year,so I think Townsville club would be the go. In Orange now, and will most likely be up in Clearmont
for a week or two about the end of July or early Aug.

Regards MAL.
MALCO
MALCO
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:26 am

Hi Mal
How lucky are you to be travelling, as far as joining a club I think it can be a good thing as it puts you in contact with others that enjoy the same thing, The Townsville club puts out a newsletter each month (or when I get to it) this keeps members up to date on what is going on & trips planned.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

North Queenslanders!!! - Page 2 Empty Forsayth District Goldfiels

Post  chiseller Mon May 27, 2013 7:31 am

As resident of Forsayth and part time detector swinger, I would like to say hi to those interested in the local goldfields. Should anyone have any questions relating to the area I am always available to offer assistance. The current season is looking good for detecting, although the graziers are in for a bad year due to the lack of summer rain. There is very little grass on the ground making many areas that have been inaccessible in recent years, more accessible now.
Anyone stopping at the Van Park just ask for Roger, they will know where to find me.
Happy Swinging
Roger

chiseller
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-29

Back to top Go down

Post  ggold Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 am

G-day Roger That's good of you to offer help to visitors. I think the Townsville Detecting club are heading your way next month, Lee would know more. I may head out that way with the club more so just to meet other detector swingers. I normally go on a friends property closer to Georgetown or up the Palmer way. cheers Greg

ggold
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

North Queenslanders!!! - Page 2 Empty Russ from Coffs.

Post  djuncleruss Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:35 pm

Hello to all. Iv got 3 weeks of in July and I'm driving up to do some detecting with my tdi pro. And I'm going to join the club when I find out how and who to talk to. Love to chat with any one detecting up there around that Time ?? Regards russ from Coffs..
djuncleruss
djuncleruss
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-10-09

http://russwoodgate@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deni Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi Lee and North Queenslanders

Just saying hi. Dipping my toe in the water, from Townsville. Am keen to join the local club. No detector or anything as yet, so starting from scratch.

Grew up with my parents using a gold detector back in the early 80s out on a station behind Mingela somewhere. I remember the owner's name was Charlie. The detector was one of those ones that needed a million AA batteries. Only ever found nails, I reckon, but the camping and adventure was always fun. Especially in summer trying to outdrive those massive black storm clouds rolling in on a Sunday afternoon.

Anyhoo, I hope this isn't a phase and I'll actually get to say hi to you at a club meet soon.

Cheers

Deni Smile 

Deni

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:25 pm

Welcome to the forum Deni
If you pm me your email I can send you some details on the club.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  BrisJoe Fri May 02, 2014 8:29 pm

I'm in Moranbah, and having just secured my first real PI detector, I will be hitting up Clermont regularly and possibly looking into Mt Coolon and such areas.
For those in the more Central Qld area I have setup a CQ club, albeit just a basic forum atm, but with plans once enough members are in turning it into a real club and possibly looking to be amalgamated once setup.

CQProspecting Club

JOe

BrisJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2013-01-08

http://cqprospecting.boards.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  gcause Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:16 am

Hi All,

Just drove up to Cairns from Brisbane for work a few weeks ago, will be up here for 3 months, I am keen to get out onto the goldfields up here.

Heading out to Mareeba today to check out the Tinaroo creek area.  Very Happy 

Appreciate any and all advice on where to go and what to do while I am up here.

Regards,

Grant
gcause
gcause
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2011-09-15

Back to top Go down

North Queenslanders!!! - Page 2 Empty I'm in Innisfail

Post  OldMate Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:33 pm

Hi all. This post is really old, 2012 but someone may pick up my reply. I am in Innisfail and am just looking at getting into prospecting. I have had a cheap detector for many years and have never found gold, but heaps of nails, a few bullets etc. but it was all just a little fun some years ago. Now I want to get more serious and plan some trips once I work out what equipment I want and where to go. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

OldMate
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:02 pm

Hi Oldmate
Welcome.
Have a look at this thread, it will give you great info on what is available west of you, https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t20743-prospecting-north-queensland

As far as detectors go, you need to ask yourself of alot of questions & work out a budget & time input into your new hobby.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

North Queenslanders!!! - Page 2 Empty Thank you

Post  OldMate Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm

I'll check out the info, thank you.

OldMate
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  goldwright Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:49 am

I am in Townsville and the majority of my detecting has been up at the Palmer or Mt Mulligan, but with all the unrest at the Palmer and Chris Morris buying Mulligan Station and closing the whole station down to prospecting I have been searching for option around north Queensland. Have spent many hours at Georgetown during the first introduction of PI machines but not of late. Was looking to join the club but have heard some things about the club that have made me think twice about it. Keen to meet other prospectors here in Townsville though as my prospecting partner has been my father but he is getting to an age where prospecting is getting to hard for him. I am running a GPZ, SDC and a CTX and also like chasing coins when not chasing gold.

goldwright
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2016-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:34 am

goldwright wrote:I am in Townsville and the majority of my detecting has been up at the Palmer or Mt Mulligan, but with all the unrest at the Palmer and Chris Morris buying Mulligan Station and closing the whole station down to prospecting I have been searching for option around north Queensland.  Have spent many hours at Georgetown during the first introduction of PI machines but not of late.  Was looking to join the club but have heard some things about the club that have made me think twice about it.  Keen to meet other prospectors here in Townsville though as my prospecting partner has been my father but he is getting to an age where prospecting is getting to hard for him.  I am running a GPZ, SDC and a CTX and also like chasing coins when not chasing gold.

Hi Mate,
Welcome to the forum.
The TSV Club, hmmm well ? I was a member for a few years during that time was the VP, news letter editor senior field trip officer, a lot of the stories you may be hearing  most likely have a little to do with me ! last year I was rejected as a member, long story, I do not like the people in charge, but saying that there are a few good people there, I had no problem promoting the club but I can't make any such recommendation, especially now I know who the Press is.
I'm happy to chat & help if I can but my prospecting camp is full with 2 "Awesome" mates from here, unfortunately I have had to stop posting here any finds I may or may not be finding.
Do you remember property names where you were in the early days? I could shed some light on the area if you do (no interest in your spots, I have more land than I can work, here there & everywhere)

Last edited by CostasDee on Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : red section, wording changed, same context but to make it more appropriate.)
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

North Queenslanders!!! - Page 2 Empty New to forum in Townsville.

Post  BigEasy1972 Tue May 24, 2016 8:15 pm

Hi guys, new here and have spent a bit of time reading posts and getting a feel for the people in here. Good to see there are some down to earth people who don't mind calling a spade a spade.
I'm new to detecting but very keen and have a fair geological knowledge. Looking for a partner that I can link up with who hits the Georgetown and Towers fields. I have a few properties myself. I am currently recovering from shoulder surgery so have time to set up my gear but would also enjoy and appreciate other more experienced prospectors advice on gear, setups and settings (run a GPZ7000). Any comments or advice welcomed and look forward to learning as much as I can.
Cheers Eric

BigEasy1972
New Poster
New Poster

Registration date : 2016-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Wed May 25, 2016 6:18 am

g,day mate, and welcome to the fourm,plenty of handy folk here and all are willing to help when they can lets hope ya get the shoulder sorted for those cooler months! good luck joe,

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  BigEasy1972 Wed May 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Cheers Joe, I can't get this shoulder sorted quick enough. Lots of physio, lots of pain. Eric

BigEasy1972
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu May 26, 2016 1:07 pm

Hey Eric
A big welcome to the forum to a fellow Ville local, have you done much detecting in the 2 area's you mentioned?
I'm happy to help with advice if possible.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  BigEasy1972 Fri May 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Hi Lee,
Mate I need help just working out this freakin forum. How does one message someone outside of a forum page. No but seriously would appreciate catching up for a chat and I can rack your brain for advice on the 7000 as well as throw a few ideas around.

Eric

BigEasy1972
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri May 27, 2016 7:16 pm

Eric,
To message someone, have a look at the right of screen when reading their post, under their profile pic there is a symbol which has MP on it, click on this & a message screen will appear.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2