Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minelab Wedderburn jamboree

5 posters

Go down

Minelab Wedderburn jamboree  Empty Minelab Wedderburn jamboree

Post  bluepoint Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi guys any of you heading to the event, I have never been and am planing on going.
They state that 11" (or equivalent) is the biggest coil that can be used in the token hunt, would my 12" nuggetfinder elip be allowed?
Also wouldn't there be alot of interference between detectors?
Here's a link to the info: http://www.loddonvalley.com.au/Events/2012/03/10/Minelab-Wedderburn-Dectector-Jamboree-103

bluepoint
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-01-09

Back to top Go down

Minelab Wedderburn jamboree  Empty Re: Minelab Wedderburn jamboree

Post  Ash100456 Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:01 pm

G'day Bluepoint, I went last year as a first timer. Was told i could use a 14 x 9 eliptical on my 4500 but used my Sovereign GT with its standard coil. Good weekend & great event to meet people with a passion for the same. Even won a couple of prizes with my tokens that i found. My mate Rick found a little nuggie to boot ! Interferance from other detectors didn't seem to be a problem, big area so you can always get away from any interferance if you encounter it.
Cheers
Ashley

Last edited by Ash100456 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:22 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Missed a bit.)
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepoint Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:14 pm

Ahh thanks for clearing that up. Where many people running 4500's or 5000's?

bluepoint
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:20 pm

Yes there was plenty of golding machines in the hunt along with plenty of every other type & brand of detector. The tokens you are looking for are only pressed into the ground or put under a rock or Branch etc so depth isnt an issue. I ran with my Sovereign as that's the detector i am used to using for coin & relic detecting.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Minelab Wedderburn jamboree  Empty minelab wedderburn jamboree

Post  ttrash Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:49 pm

As a novice , this sort of get together , to me would be invaluable on various angles.
i have a newly acquired sovereign GT , so anything i can learn , either just watching &
listening & meeting some like minded people at the same time & place.......priceless......!

Im keen to go & would appreciate if any others are going , could they post & advise

Ant cheers
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:49 pm

G'day Ant, Yes you will both enjoy, Soak up as much learning as you can, Great bunch of people. You might even be lucky and find an old chinese coin like i did ( very good condition & my prize coin to date until a gold sovereign comes along ), Also found a penny. Oh ! Yes and any token found even if you only find one, could be the winner of the mighty GPX5000 or any prize ranging down from the biggy. Listen & Learn lots & have fun !
Cheers
Ashley

Last edited by Ash100456 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a bit !)
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Minelab Wedderburn jamboree  Empty wedderburn token hunt / detecting Jamboree

Post  ttrash Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:08 am

As a novice , this sort of get together , to me would be invaluable on various angles.
i have a newly acquired sovereign GT , so anything i can learn , either just watching &
listening & meeting some like minded people at the same time & place.......priceless......!

Im keen to go & would appreciate if any others are going , could they post & advise

Ant

Gday - have booked in for the Wedderburn weekend ( March 10th ) - note to others who are still deciding , the caravan park has only a handful of powered sites available...!
We have a 32 ft 5th Wheeler & will be there from the thursday , look forward to meeting other newbies & anyone there for that weekend , please come say Hi...!

Ant
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:09 pm

An eleven inch coil is the maxium size allowed .No larger than eleven inches in any direction. You will probably be asked to leave the area and change your coil,while your away the tokens will be diappearing. With the amount of trash around the site an 11 is large enough. I have won it twice with a sov with std coil. Don't count on discrimination. See you all there,i am the bloke who takes the pictures. Very Happy

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  bluepoint Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:43 pm

Ahh cheers rework. under a week to go guys hopefully the weathers good. I'm tipping you register for the token hunt on the day?

bluepoint
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  detecta2 Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Gday Ray, lent me a coil for the sov year before last,thanking you,hope to get down there again this year, and another thank you for the cd you sent me,regards phill

detecta2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:23 pm

Bluepoint,you line up and give your details when you pay early sat morning.Try to be early,first 20 or so often get a bag of goodies. I hope to be at the park thurs avo. BPC meeting Fri night. Ray

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down