Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Restricted Access For Detecting Prospecting

+4
waznme
CENSORED
Goldbait
G.B.
8 posters

Go down

Restricted Access For Detecting Prospecting Empty Restricted Access For Detecting Prospecting

Post  G.B. Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi everyone.

I have been reading several posts on this forum regarding the Goverments of Various states NSW and Tasmania for example changing laws and restricting access to Fossickers and detector operators for various reasons be it to suit Mining Companies or to get a Green Vote.

At the moment Victoria Still has numerous areas open to us like minded persons however as you are all aware there has been several areas closed over the past years to our activities.

My concern is that the Goverment of the day in Victoria may take on the Monkey See Monkey Do attitude and follow suit with the other states.

Prior to that happening we should all become the Vocal Minority rather than the Silent Majority as we all know those that sit back and take it all for granted end up losing out in the long run.

Not only should our combined voices be heard but we should also been seen as a valuable commodity to the community in one way or another with such value that it would make it near impossible to restrict our access to land even further.

I have no doubts that every member has a passion for his chosen pastime as well as the land on which he carries it out.

As the land we detect is important for us lets show the Government and the Community that we care for and even protect it.

There are numerous way we could do that.

Form a Forest Watch Group where all suspicious activity gets reported by members to the relevant Authorities be it someone acting suspicious around bush fire prone areas, Vandalizing camping grounds and Facilities ect. (I have no doubt most of you would report this already of your own back)

But even so let make a big song and dance about it to show the Government we give a damn.

Another idea is to bring the local farmers into the fight by getting them to stand up for our chosen pastime. This could be easily achieved by acting professional with all our dealings with landowners.

It would be quiet easy to draw up a letter of Introduction explaining that we are a Members of this Forum and outline a Code of Conduct we would abide by if granted permission to detect or fossick on their land and by doing the right thing I'm sure word of mouth would get around the landowners that the Forum Members can be relied on and were polite and Professionally at all times. This could have a flow on effect to other land owners that were reluctant to allow entry onto their land for various reasons including adverse dealings with detector operators/fossickers in the past.

As you are all aware, I'm only new to this forum and detecting but enjoy it very much and hope to enjoy it for many years more. I would also like to see my children and your children have the opportunity to take up these great outdoor pastimes. Maybe one day in the future for our children with the improvement in technology that finding big nuggets will be the norm as it was in the past But we need to make sure that they have that opportunity.

Well I've put my thought out in the open for all to see and would appreciate your feedback and suggestions whether it be positive or negative.

G.B.

PS. I have no political ambitions.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Restricted Access For Detecting Prospecting Empty Re: Restricted Access For Detecting Prospecting

Post  Goldbait Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:24 am

Great post and you raise some excellent concerns.

May i suggest you team up with the guys who are fighting the mining company's bid in accessing farming land for their gas exploration.

I would be staying well away from the Greens and teh Independants. You really need a majority g'ment to have anything changed. the greens will F*** it for everyone and the independents don't do s***.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Restricted Access For Detecting Prospecting Empty Re: Restricted Access For Detecting Prospecting

Post  CENSORED Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:13 pm

G.B.

Most on here if not all, DO care about losing access to crown land but are unable to voice these concerns in a way that would be meaningful to the Government of the day to take notice. Combating the greens is no easy feat. They are better organized, vocal and are experts and convincing the politicians by blowing things out of proportion and using certain phrases/tactics to ensure new laws are encouraged through parliament.

Without knowing the exact figures of Minelab products and associated 3rd party accessories sold/manufactured in Australia, you would think Minelab would be able to get all prospectors and manufacturers to lobby the Government continuously to ensure this hobby stays as is for years to come.

Here's hoping.

CENSORED
CENSORED
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:45 pm

G.B. I could not agree with you more mate It is happening all over Australia with Governments playing funny buggers. So all I can say to every Victorian Prospector is "Join the PMAV" and help them fight the Vic. Gov for trying to put restrictions or completely close OUR gold fields. If it was NOT for the PMAV we would be in the same boat as most other states. The membership costs are $50.00 for Individuals and/or Immediate Family. Individual Pensioner and/or Immediate Family with pension concession card $30.00 You can pay by credit card by fax to 03 95531032 or post to PMAV, GPO Box 1706 Melb. Vic. 3001. Web. www.pmav.org.au
So for the price of 1gm of gold or less you can join and help keep our fields open and we may be able then to help other state with advice on how to fight their State Govenments. So fellows don't leave it up to a small few to fight so many. They are our voice.

Wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  waznme Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:31 pm

Goldbait wrote:.............. the greens will F*** it for everyone and the independents don't do s***.

Now that is it in a nutshell. You sure got that right.

From what I have read in this topic so far, we should be running the country. Smile

Maybe we should all throw our weight behind Bob Katters mob ????

Could do a lot worse I reckon.

Waz
waznme
waznme
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Restricted Access For Detecting Prospecting Empty Wombat

Post  G.B. Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Downloaded Application for PMAV and will forwarding it off with payment.

G.B.
G.B.
G.B.
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1268
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  spinna Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Have also downloaded application form and will send off tomorrow. spinna

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Restricted Access For Detecting Prospecting Empty PMAV

Post  starry Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:47 pm

well guys wish we had a body like the PMAV in Tasmania as our rights get eroded away once more , am trying to get a club going down and thought of joining PMAV and see which direction we can take down here , have a few people interested so far and am looking at approacing a few more prospectors that I know around the state and go from there

Cheers Mick
starry
starry
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-08-02

http://tas-prospecting.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Imadogman Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:57 pm

I did have a chat to someone at PMAV earlier this year to try to see what history there was with PMAV elsewhere. Short answer is none. I think there was some small effort to try to bring them to NSW but it collapsed in a heap. They still have the Miner's Right in Victoria whereas NSW does not. It would be great if there was a PMAV in every state to help lobby for that state, and a PMAV nationally to take the big picture. It would need a lot of work but it probably could be done. I will now join the PMAV myself in solidarity for what they do and to take some insurance for fields in Victoria!
Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Restricted Access For Detecting Prospecting Empty PMAV

Post  starry Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:03 pm

yes I will calling them this week to see where we can head on these matters and taking it up with a Federal Member that lives local to see what he has to say, and boy I ain,t gunna quit on this one ,I am willing to really hook into it , am also going to ring any members who have time to listen as I said never give up on your rights as an Aussie

Cheers Mick
starry
starry
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Imadogman Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Good one.
Plenty of pollies in Tasmania compared to the ACT so I am confident you will get an audience!
Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Restricted Access For Detecting Prospecting Empty pollies in TAS

Post  starry Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:41 pm

look out fellas here I come , have done a bucketload of research on this

will report back as soon as have any progress

Cheers Mick
starry
starry
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Restricted Access For Detecting Prospecting Empty Restricted Access For Detecting Prospecting

Post  Greenwell2 Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Howdy all,
A few years back I was Pres of the Devonport Lapidary Club and one thing we do have in Lapidary is a state organisation called the Tasmanian Lapidary and Mineral Association. Due to the work of this body and the clubs we have dedicated fossicking areas in the state. Mick Starr one person I would talk to is Ralph Botrill. Not sure where he is nowadays but he was always very encouraging when it came to fossicking and access. Will hunt around and see if I can contact him and get some advice as where to start here in Tassie at least and will pass on the info to you when I do.
Greenwell2
Greenwell2
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2011-11-25

Back to top Go down