Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iron Reject

Go down

Iron Reject Empty Iron Reject

Post  Crocko Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi all...I've had a few trips out now with my new 5000 and am very happy with its performance (not so much with MINE however) although I did get a 1.3g nugget on my first outing.

On quiet and clean ground I have been running in Special/Fine Gold using the 11" mono supplied, which has pretty much become my default setting and all signals have been clear and obvious.

A couple of possies that are around old mine sites are strewn with ferrous crud and rather than throw my hand in frustration I have put on the 11" Double D and switched to Iron Reject cranked up to Max 10 on normal.
Now I'm only getting bullets and beer cans (!) but the non ferrous targets are very distinguishable and I find the activity far less frustrating.

My questions are, is this the way to go? Is there a better way to address the ferrous problem? What are the trade offs if any?....that should be enough for my first post!!

Cheers..Robin

I must admit I was hoping for an answer from this forum...maybe my questions were too silly or too hard!...I've always believed the only silly question is the one you dont ask!!.......no matter, I'll give ML a call...thanks anyway, Crocko

I give up........See Ya!!!!

Last edited by Crocko on Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lack of response)

Crocko
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-02-05

Back to top Go down