Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The ClaimJumper"

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"The ClaimJumper" Empty "The ClaimJumper"

Post  Bucket Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:37 am

This video ran a bit long but has some really unique camera angles that I've been playing with lately, check it out if you have time and Thanks for watching!! Its called the ClaimJumper.
Bucket
Bucket
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2011-06-30

http://www.bucketandboomer.com

Back to top Go down

"The ClaimJumper" Empty Re: "The ClaimJumper"

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:23 am

Bucket ,Nicely done there.wanted the gun to fire over shoulder but maybe on the next one....thanks for the show!! Cool Cool
cheers..............Trev....
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2012-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi Bucket,
Nice work mate....really good to see someone doing a few different things with the camera....

What Encoder setting are you using if I may ask ?

John
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucket Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:37 pm

Thanks guys, believe it or not... a forum in Canada banned the video for inciting violence, I would have liked to fire the gun as well but that might be pushing my luck with the liberals, I use Apple Final Cut X to edit this one with, its the first time I've used it and it worked well, I like to keep the camera angles unique if possible and put out something different, and I'm glad you liked it.
Bucket
Bucket
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:59 pm

yeah somthing different is always good...... hardly think it is violent...... some of the other forums are more violent than that hahaha
Sort of a mini film fest Wink
I'd sure like to see nuggets like that appear in my pan !!
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucket Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:15 am

Yeah Harb I didn't think it was violent at all either but I guess Canadians think differently than we do. The Aussie and Yank forums don't seem to mind, and I sure as hell wouldn't mind a few nice nuggets like that in my pan either!! Maybe that's why I made the video... so we can all dream of large gold glimmering in the sunlight while panning! sunny
Bucket
Bucket
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Nice vid Bucket, well done mate.
I so want my sluice on that piece of ground, you'd go balmy with a detector! We can only hope.

Cheers
Chris.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucket Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:33 am

Amen to that!! I guess that's what keeps us motivated, one day we all hope to stumble upon that one sacred piece of ground that has been untouched for hundreds of years and that's what our pans will look like, we can only hope....someday cheers
Bucket
Bucket
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:36 pm

Bucket+Boomer..You blokes are just GREAT..!! watched all your vids and spent time on your site...waiting for more to come......
lol! ............who needs the gym were in TIPTOP shape.... lol! ........You blokes are funny in a very cool way....... cheers
i had the pleasure of hanging with a bloke from Winchester Kentucky on one of my trips around australia,at the time we were cruising around Tasmania having a blast... his name was "Scrapper" Willoughby and he had the same Charisma as you blokes.....so what im saying here is keep it up,,blokes like you dont come around too often.....You blokes should come to Australia and run a muck....... Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Cheers ...Fella's..............Trev....
.........................http://bucketandboomer.com
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucket Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:12 am

Thanks Trev, glad someone likes our sense of humor!! If you can't have a good laugh then wheres the fun right? I'd love to make it down there one day, but I'd like to stay for the whole summer....one day, who knows, I've been talking to a producer at "Departure films" who is interested in doing a show so one day the funds could be avail for an Aussie trip, Then Bucket & Boomer & Trev will have to do some gold prospecting!! cheers
Bucket
Bucket
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:56 am

@Bucket..........sounds good man.....if that producer gets something happening with you blokes in the not too distant future i reckon
it would be great...gotta live and laugh man and have a great time doin' it,your spot on with that....hey i just love that multi seat vehicle
you blokes get around in...would love to build something like that for myself one day.......
what is it man and are you required to register that thing where you are?????Looks pretty sick in your videos tearing up and down those hills.
if ya's get down to Australia one day in the future you will need to spend at least 3 months here to have a decent prospect and look around,and
i dont think you would need accomadation...just rough it up...the bloke from kentucky i travelled around for a while with had no probs at all
with offers to stay,everywhere he travelled over here..i think he payed for two nights in a room at a backpackers hostel and the rest of his adventure around Australia accomadation wise was free...every time we sat in a pub anywhere ,5 - 10 minutes later he would have offers
from everywhere...........@Bucket stay cool dude....................cheers........Trev....
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucket Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:28 am

We got that buggy called a "Trooper" made by Joyner USA, because it was longer and more roomy than the other brands and it was also 12k versus 15-20k for the others we looked at, we need a lot of room for camera and prospecting gear, The frame is well built but the components are crap, the tires were junk, the shocks lasted 1 trip, the gauges didn't work half the time, but the frame,the engine and drive train appear to be solid so we will just swap junk parts to better parts as they break...one at a time if need be. It does need to be registered for off road use but that's actually pretty cheap. Its fast though with a 4 cyl fuel inj engine we can do about 65 miles per hour...not sure what that translates to in kilometers, but its pretty quick. I think if I spent 3 mo in Australia, I might not want to go home!! Very Happy Trev....we will keep in touch buddy!!
Bucket
Bucket
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:57 am

@Bucket...........Thats funny man you pay 12G for somethin' that starts fallin apart lol!
thats good man at just over 107 Klh ,injected 4....have to have a look online at them...not to buy but....that would probably be an easy
18-20 grand over here and our prices for fuel of late $1.40 to $1.60 litre + depending on where you are in Australia...if you dont mind posting a pic or two of it here that would be awesome!!!!!!
cheers man..............Trev....
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucket Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:37 am

I will do that when i get off work I will locate some trooper photo's and I'll paste em up. Thanks Buddy
Bucket
Bucket
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:25 am

@Bucket............just been watching online video and reading up on ya trooper at www.tobefast.com .they seem to have a fairly decent range of stuff,not bad..over here in oz in western australia we have a kit form supplier and/or assembly-sales called Edge products who have been around for a fair while now,they have some pretty cool buggies etc..i have the build plans for a couple of designs...but i do like the trooper
for what it is...does your trooper bog out and die in the water??there vid shows some water action but looking at the engine it doesnt seem
to have any protection to the engine area...love the part where it says Nitrous and Turbo's available,man that would launch with Nitrous...
cheers...........Trev....
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucket Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:01 am

There's not much water out here where we prospect so I really couldn't tell ya how it would do in a stream, although if I had to I could easily fab up an intake snorkle, I like the Turbo and Nitrous options too!!!! I keep forgetting to check out some "Trooper" websites or forums, I already replaced all four tires and bought two spares as well, I replaced the blown out rear shock with another Chinese factory shock and that blew out again so the problems with this thing is that the design is solid and the knick-knack parts are cheap! so once I get four really good shocks on there and change the oil, temp and tachI should be in good shape, I will take some detailed pics this weekend for you, anything in particular you want to see?
Bucket
Bucket
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:15 am

@Bucket............I am just interested in how you got yours setup for carrying ya gear and stuff...on that website the pics are ok but as a
guesstimation only really...i'm not asking you to load all ya gear up and take a photo ,but was mainly wanting to see a stillshot of yours,and how you cart all your prospecting gear....did pause video but its not in perspective....what do you reckon the prob is with the shocks anyway?
do you think independant has too much or too little movement or chassis flex on hard cornering or carrying too much payload????
cheers........Trev
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucket Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:53 am

The problem with the shocks are simple they just bleed out thru the cheap Chinese rubber seals, Fox, King and afco make good aftermarket shocks and they hold up just fine.Even with the size of this thing we are still short on space so I put a storage box up top that you might or might not see in the video's, so I'll show you some shots of that, it works good but can get top heavy when loaded, the good thing is that there is storage under every seat except the rear passengers and thats where the gas tank is. We store a lot of gear in there and on the floor boards in the rear, the bed is a bit small and I have pondered building a longer more functional bed which is do-able, I could probably weld on a 4ft bed easily enough and use aluminum toolboxes for the bedrails. But as you probably know the US is in one hell of a recession so I'll save the money for now and work with what I got. Maybe I can do a short video tour of this thing and put it on youtube that would be cool, I am going to check on that website you sent me too. The articulation in the A arms is great and like I said the basic framework of this thing is really what sold me on it... its very stout and the welds are solid so atleast I have a good platform to work with and as things break I will replace them with the premium parts. i think if I had to I could drop a v-6 into it and really haul ass. I'll work some stuff up this weekend and upload em on monday. Then I'll let you know when its up.
Bucket
Bucket
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:11 pm

@Bucket..............yeah it does look very well engineered,built a few toys in the past ,so can see somethin good in it....don't know about
a 4foot extension mate ,it may require wheelie bars then... lol! but thats a good thing......As for a power - up what about a rotary man..!!
take no space at all and give ya more room for water carriage for prospecting and to keep some weight on the front of it as well...
cheers................Trev....
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucket Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Ok Trev here's a short tour of the trooper- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-exL2DR-RRs It would take a few thousand to get it perfected but for now it works ok, I'd like power steering and some new shocks to start with.
Bucket
Bucket
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Thanks a lot for that Bucket::::i have a small prob,it says private video mate,what do i need to do to be able to watch it... confused
Do i need to create a youtube account???what to do then????.I am not into all the regular social media, f/book..twitter and youtube etc. :
I can and will sign up with Youtube if needed no probs there man...
just PM details if you can please......thanks.
cheers...................Trev.... cheers
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:31 pm

It is Private....it needs to be changed to public to be watched by us Smile
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:42 pm

Thanks for that Harb.
cheers............Trev....
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucket Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:23 am

Well I posted it as unlisted which means that link should let you watch it but I forgot to "Save" the changes so it went back to private...OK this time it should work.
Bucket
Bucket
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:49 am

@Bucket.......... Very Happy ........Man thanks so much for that video,i didn't expect you to go out of your way like you have..
I'm impressed mate that put it all in a much better perspective..that website i posted didn't do justice to the Trooper anywhere near what you've done!...chinese rubber!!!! i see the probs now mate....from that tobefast website i thought it was front mounted engine...Works much better for me being rear mounted engine...man it looks much better now you have given me a thorough look at it.....Awesome...i am into welding/engineering,so i can see the improvements you have made are much better,I love the shovel clamp,well done on that simple +
very effective...I see totally what you mean about the fusebox,that was a manufacturing booboo,( chinese vision )or should i say lack of it..
its no wonder they got bombed!!!!!!! fuel tank probably cheapest recycled alloy available to em...saw a little scenery in the background
of video looks like your right across the road from the goldfields there...nice place to be....i get those shocks now too...overall the Trooper
is a real good machine,im actually impressed on its construction ,i didn't think it would be that well made.............man the storage etc you have is great and the leg room is really good as well..anyways Thankyou very much again for the video,awesome,awesome..
Cheers....................Trev.... Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucket Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:29 am

No Problem buddy, I like doing video's...I even threw in an Australian themed song for ya!! cheers I suppose like most things you buy there are some good and some bad, I really hate not having power steering, but as the economy gets better atleast it can be added on, same goes for shocks and turbo, eventually I will get around to thinking about cutting out the dashboard and redoing the gauges maybe inlaying some diamond plate for the dashboard, there's so much that can be done with this basic platform so all in all it's a good vehicle for prospecting.I will leave the video as unlisted so anyone with this link can watch it, and maybe when I have the gumption I will lay out a better plan and do another one later. Thanks Trev for havin a look at it.
Bucket
Bucket
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:51 am

Yeah soundtrack was cool Exclamation ..if you make any more video's let us know....got a couple of soundtrack ideas Idea ,,Cold Chisel,,AC / DC.... cheers .......I think a lot of people on here would like to watch the vid....Stay cool man and have fun out there...
We would have so many restrictions on being able to use a vehicle like that over hear,wouldnt really be registerable except privateproperty.
cheers again...........Trev
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  GREENnuggetCONVERT Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:58 am

[b]HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YA BUCKET.........Hope its a great one.........
cheers.............Trev....
GREENnuggetCONVERT
GREENnuggetCONVERT
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Bucket Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:05 am

Thanks Buddy!! Once you get over 40 the birthdays just keep coming, seems like every month I'm a year older....I gotta slow em down.
Bucket
Bucket
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:18 am

Thanks Bucket - very interesting vid. The technique was quite simple, doing the panning with one hand, looks like he was quite skilled.

At the end I thought of Walzing Matilda - and his ghost could be heard as you pass by the billabong

Jeff
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4514
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum