Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for new patch by using airborne magnetic field report

4 posters

Go down

Looking for new patch by using airborne magnetic field report  Empty Looking for new patch by using airborne magnetic field report

Post  Nohave Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Hi ,

I wonder if anyone ever use airborne magnetic field report for finding nuggets ???

I have been using this map .....

Looking for new patch by using airborne magnetic field report  05

The M7 gr is an old gold field explored by old timers up until now . I found some but small stuffs( 2-5 gr. ) but the old timers used to get 1-2 kilo nuggets .

Last edited by Nohave on Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nohave
Nohave
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2011-07-07

Back to top Go down

Looking for new patch by using airborne magnetic field report  Empty Re: Looking for new patch by using airborne magnetic field report

Post  Harb Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Pretty much everything is scaled up..... the coil is huge, and the holes you are going to have to dig to reach the gold are going to be even Huge'r Shocked
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Looking for new patch by using airborne magnetic field report  Empty Re: Looking for new patch by using airborne magnetic field report

Post  Nohave Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Around area M22 no report of gold found. I searched and found one big deep hole ( 0ver 70 years old according to an old timer in the area that this hole existed since he was born ) I found only small white metal stuffs and it attached to magnet. ( since I only look for gold I trew them away ) I also found one medium size rock quite similar to hot rock and sound off too. I kept this one and haven't smashed it yet.

My question is ........Is there any possibility of find nugget around .....R area..... There are radioactive intensity ( not sure about proper name as I just translate from the map.)

Please note that I am interested in finding nuggets only not invisible gold deep down in the earth.

Many thanks in advance if someone could shed me some light as the area is quite large and the distance involve.
Nohave
Nohave
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi Nohave I
Interesting stuff could you post some photo's of the goldfields there for us as I find this interesting do you get many nuggets there, can you give us a bit more info as a matter of interest.
cheers
good luck with your search
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Nohave Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:04 pm

HI Lee,

I was going to post pictures of gold field but then there were coordinates shown . I don't know how to erase them out. Embarassed Embarassed

Anyhow thanks for your wish.

Cheers,

Paul
Nohave
Nohave
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nohave Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:46 pm

ok Lee this one without coordinate. Very Happy

Looking for new patch by using airborne magnetic field report  Photo0418

Nohave
Nohave
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nohave Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:54 pm

This is the soil where I found some nuggets

Looking for new patch by using airborne magnetic field report  Photo0394

Looking for new patch by using airborne magnetic field report  Photo0391

Looking for new patch by using airborne magnetic field report  Photo0401
Nohave
Nohave
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nohave Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:09 am

Here's picture of another gold field which has nothing to do with the place in the main subject. But just give you the idea what's the land look like.

Looking for new patch by using airborne magnetic field report  South
Nohave
Nohave
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  MS Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi Nohave
The airo mag reports are more suited to big scale mining operations, they show up the deep underground mineral deposits which isn't much help to us with detectors, I guess they could give you a general indication of whats below and maybe in the lower ground levels you may have a better chance especially around fault lines and exposed bedrock.
The pic of the dirt you have shown looks not much compared to the areas I work, red soil, quarts, ironstone and heavy mineralization is the key but I guess your source may be very different to over here.
Ps, nice gold and leave that HF acid alone
Cheers Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:49 pm

G'day Nohave

Thanks for posting the pictures of your gold nuggets and some of the gold fields (ground) where you go looking, and yes it looks quite a bit different to over here. Good luck with your gold hunting over there, and we certainly like the pictures.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Nohave Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:30 pm

Hi Mark,

You mentioned...that I may have a better chance especially around fault lines and exposed bedrock.....

Talking about fault lines , how can we tell when we are in a bush or we have to use the maps that shown the fault and
estimate from there?

The color on my pictures not shown correct color of soil. It should be more red . Embarassed Embarassed

and ok ok I will leave HF acids alone

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Dave,

We have tropical climate and most top soil we have in black. The area in the map above may look similar to your area.

As most of trees were cut with shallow top soil and have more red dirt and quartz.

When I go up there again I will take picture without gps .

Thanks four wish and Good luck with your gold hunting too.

Cheers, cheers

Paul
Nohave
Nohave
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  MS Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:40 pm

[quote="Nohave"]Hi Mark,

You mentioned...that I may have a better chance especially around fault lines and exposed bedrock.....

Talking about fault lines , how can we tell when we are in a bush or we have to use the maps that shown the fault and
estimate from there?

You should be able to get this info from GEO maps but when your out there ,look for changes in rock type,raised bedrock , broken sharp quartz with mineralization present or pocked surface cavity's caused by the eroded sulphides from the material.
Anyway by the look of the nuggets your finding your doing just fine
Cheers Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi Nohave
Thanks for posting your pic's very nice looking nuggets, It looks like they maybe associated with Ironstone/ hematite, am I right? if so aero magnetic stuf might be able to help you locate more Ironstone reef area's or similar I spoke to a geoscientist about this the other day, the Ironstone will show up highly magnetic, you may be able to draw a connection between the area you are finding the above nuggets & possible new area's I think everything helps.
good luck
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down