Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Detecting in the Northern Territory

+34
BatchelorGold
Harb
The Modern Day Prospector
Bull Ant
Imadogman
ballaratgold
krazycaptain
Jim.
Hey presto
matelot
Inhere
geof_junk
harrysheroes
granite2
sandy2010
flyspecks
waznme
detector
mariner3800
bedrock
shandeemax
monkey
bunter9
rc62burke
vasilis
YibiDavid
toadskin
GoldAddict
spinifex
nero_design
Alan WA
reg
Ash100456
gef50
38 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Detecting in the Northern Territory - Page 2 Empty Re: Detecting in the NT

Post  sandy2010 Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:58 pm

I'M # 95......................

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Detecting in the Northern Territory - Page 2 Empty Re: Detecting in the Northern Territory

Post  Guest Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:35 pm

The petition has now gone onto the Alluvial Gold Prospectors site and they are signing on to it as well (Quick smart) Very Happy
Wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Detecting in the Northern Territory - Page 2 Empty Re: Detecting in the Northern Territory

Post  granite2 Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:18 pm

I will probably never again detect in the NT but we all have to band together to try and keep the bastards honest. You have my signature.

Cheers, Jim
granite2
granite2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1842
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  harrysheroes Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:10 pm

signed up 114#
harrysheroes
harrysheroes
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:00 pm

toadskin wrote:Unfortunately, a lot of the "signatures" on the petition are probably invalid.

I mean, what sort of affirmative response is "anonymous, of no address, no state, no region and no comment" Now that's going to hold a lot of sway isn't it?

If this is what you are going to put, don't bother, as it just indicates the general malaise of the public at large.

Have the courage of your convictions, do it properly and be prepared to back your vote with words at least!

You should note that all names will show up on the Petition as real names the Anonymous is only on the online veiwing
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:04 pm

Yeah, don't remember the number but I'm in as well! Wink
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Detecting in the Northern Territory - Page 2 Empty Detecting in the N.T.

Post  matelot Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:15 pm

You've got me.

Regards Roger pirat
matelot
matelot
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:33 pm

I guess there isn't a big number of NT prospectors so
the amount of interstate prospectors signing this patition shows
the amount of tourist dollars being threatened.

Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Detecting in the Northern Territory - Page 2 Empty Re: DETECTING IN THE N.T.

Post  Hey presto Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:09 am

I was #131. Keep the support going!
Hey presto
Hey presto
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:00 pm

Good to see the signatories numbers are rising.
A suggestion gef50, Should also contact/add them to the email list, The Minister & shadow Minister for Tourism as the new rules severely hamper any Detectorists travelling through from staying a while & detecting, Spending money in accomadation, Fuel, Food & the plethora of other ways to part with money into their local communities.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:09 pm

done .Hope it helps. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  gef50 Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 am

Here is updated Email list of Ministers and Shadow Ministers

Minister for Primary Industry, Fisheries and Resources
Minister Vatskalis <Minister.Vatskalis@nt.gov.au>

SHadow Minister for Primary Industry, Fisheries and Resources
Kezia PURICK <kezia.purick@nt.gov.au>

Minister for Tourism Minister McCarthy <minister.mccarthy@nt.gov.au>

Shadow Minister for Tourism David Tollner <david.tollner@nt.gov.au>

cheers
gef
gef50
gef50
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://www.vkteksolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim. Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:17 am

Hi all,

I'm in number 148............this is the first petition I've ever signed. I wish all governments would stop trying to run our lives, and get on with running the country.

Jim S

Jim.
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Detecting in the Northern Territory - Page 2 Empty Detecting the NT

Post  krazycaptain Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi Gef,

Just read and signed the petition. Took 2 minutes to complete and was number 152. There must be many other like minded people out there who enjoy the chance to get out and do what every prospectors want s to do. Enjoy 2012 and may we all be that bit richer whether that be in knowledge and or finding enjoiyment out there in the bush.

Cheers
On-On Krazycaptain
krazycaptain
krazycaptain
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2010-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  ballaratgold Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:51 pm

my take on this
if this crap happened in vic, wa, or other states there would be outrage
and you would have thousands signing this petition that get50 has put together
only 140 odd signatures and its on other forums as well
its a really piss poor effort from the prospecting community in general
it takes 1 min to sign it
ohh we will be ok its not happening in our backyard who gives a **** ?
heard that before
well think again this most likely will happen one day in all states what then ?
you need to act now help those guys up north sign the petition and let the pollies know that this is such a stupid bloody unforcable law
which will penalise the little guy

let the guys up north know that we are 100 percent with them on this
if you enjoy what you do and agree this law stinks and it does be staunch sign the petition united we stand divide we fall
John
ballaratgold
ballaratgold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Detecting in the Northern Territory - Page 2 Empty NT petition needs support of many so please sign it and pass it around!

Post  Imadogman Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:29 pm

I'm number 158.

I may never ever be able to get there but if I this silly law gets through I may never ever want to go!

Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  reg Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:49 pm

ballaratgold wrote:my take on this
if this crap happened in vic, wa, or other states there would be outrage
and you would have thousands signing this petition that get50 has put together
only 140 odd signatures and its on other forums as well
its a really piss poor effort from the prospecting community in general
it takes 1 min to sign it
ohh we will be ok its not happening in our backyard who gives a **** ?
heard that before
well think again this most likely will happen one day in all states what then ?
you need to act now help those guys up north sign the petition and let the pollies know that this is such a stupid bloody unforcable law
which will penalise the little guy

let the guys up north know that we are 100 percent with them on this
if you enjoy what you do and agree this law stinks and it does be staunch sign the petition united we stand divide we fall

i signed early in the piece, i know i proberly will never get there but its like a snake cut its head off now so as it dont bite elsewhere.
cheers...reg
reg
reg
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Bull Ant Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:08 pm

No 173
Come on guys.
Cheers Phill.
Bull Ant
Bull Ant
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2010-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:51 pm

G'day gef50

Yes I think the festive holiday season has seen a lot of people not yet responding to the petition, it's starting to get a few more responses now and hopefully will gain a lot of momentum as more people are getting back from holidays.

Both the mrs and I have signed and we hope that there is success when the powers that be get the final result.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  The Modern Day Prospector Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Detecting in the Northern Territory - Page 2 Eureka10

The call has gone out for help from our prospecting brothers in the Northern Territory, so once again we must unite against a government who wants to strip us of our rights to gold prospect in this state, so I say united we stand Roll up Roll up and sign the petition and restore what is rightfully ours.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/revoke-2011-nt-mining-act-and-regulations.html

Below is the lead up to and the aftermath of the Eureka Stockade.

November 11 - Proposed changes to the political system

On November 11, a crowd estimated at more than 10,000 Diggers gathered at Bakery Hill, directly opposite the government encampment. The Diggers proposed a series of changes to the political system. These were:

1)A full and fair representation
2)Manhood suffrage
3)No property qualification for members of the Legislative Council
4)Payment of members
5)Short duration of parliament

November 29 - Burning licences

On the 29th of November, 15,000 Diggers gathered for a meeting. Chair of the meeting, Timothy Hayes, shouted to the crowd:

"Will four thousand of you volunteer to march up to the camp, and open the lock-up to liberate the man?"

In a deafening clamour the crowd roared:
"yes!"

Hayes then asked:
"Are you ready to die"

In response, the crowded yelled:
"Yes, Yes! Hurrah!"

Revolvers were fired into the air and licences were burnt.

November 30 - Unveiling the flag

On November 30, the Eureka Flag was unveiled and the stockade was built. Carboni wrote of the event:

"The maiden appearance of our standard, in the midst of armed men, sturdy, self-overworking diggers of all languages and colours, was a fascinating object to behold....Some five hundred armed diggers advanced in real sober earnestness, the captains of each division making the military salute to Lalor, who now knelt down, the head uncovered, and with the right hand pointing towards the standard exclaimed in a firm measured tone:-

'WE SWEAR BY THE SOUTHERN CROSS TO STAND TRULY BY EACH OTHER, AND FIGHT TO DEFEND OUR RIGHTS AND LIBERTIES.'

An universal well rounded AMEN, was the determined reply: some five hundred right hands stretched towards our flag.

The earnestness of so many faces of all kinds of shape and colour; the motley heads of all sorts of size and hair; the shagginess of so many beards of all lengths and thicknesses; the vividness of double the number of eyes electrified by the magnetism of the southern cross; one of those grand sights, such as are recorded only in the history of 'the Crusaders in Palestine.'"

Over the next few days, more than 1,500 men trained at the stockade in preparation for battle. While all showed a keenness to fight, the Digger's trump card was likely to be 200 well-armed Californian Rangers equipped with horses and guns.

December 3 - Fighting the battle

The Diggers' words were strong, but they were short of weapons and planning. Diggers came and left, while others went about their business looking for gold. Other Diggers foolishly believed that no attack would occur on a Sunday, the day of the Sabbath, and simply weren't prepared.

After surveying the situation, the British assembled a force of some 300 men. A false rumour was planted amongst the Diggers that more British reinforcements would be coming from Melbourne. Gallantly, the Californian Rangers rode off to intercept them. Free grog also mysteriously appeared amongst the Diggers' campsites and the Diggers didn't let it go to waste.

With the Rangers out of the way and other Diggers attending Church, work issues or just sleeping off their hangovers, the stockade was being defended by less than 100 men. It was not enough.

At 4.45am on December 3, the first shots rang out. 30 Diggers, armed with metal pikes, quickly rallied to engage the soldiers armed with muskets. While brave, the pikemen didn't fare too well against guns, and the sight of them being slaughtered caused other Diggers to flee.

Within 15 minutes, the stockade had been smashed and 30 Diggers were dead. The flag was torn down to a chorus of British laughter. Only four British soldiers lost their lives. Tents both inside and outside the stockade were then set on fire. The next day a notice was posted that read:

" Her Majesty's forces were this morning fired upon by a large body of evil-disposed persons of various nations, who had entrenched themselves in a stockade on the Eureka, and some officers and men killed.
Several of the rioters have paid the penalty of their crime, and a large number are in custody.
All well-disposed persons are earnestly requested to return to their ordinary occupations, and to abstain from assembling in large groups, and every protection will be afforded to them by the authorities.
ROBT. REDE,
Resident Commissioner
God save the Queen. "
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:52 pm

Probably not a bad idea, but I am not sure we will get public approval to shoot the pollies...... hahahahahaha
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:07 pm

I have signed but am a member of various prospecting forums the petition has been posted on. Iam a little supprised by lack of numbers Shocked
With it been posted on most prospecting forums i would have thaught sigs would be close to the thousand not in just the couple of hundred Sad

Hope it gains some momentum and good luck with it guys cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Imadogman Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Wouldn’t it be good if all these companies could get on board with this petition!

List pinched from the PMAV website.

http://www.pmav.org.au/links-mainmenu-23/15-sites-that-support-our-goal

And these are mainly the businesses in Victoria.

How about you suppliers of pans, detectors and all manner of helpful stuff seize your Eureka moment and have your say on this policy and even sponsor the petition as well!

Also a natural story for Gem and Treasure magazine. (I will email them). I will also send an email to the NT News – this is a nice little story for them. Gef -- they might even come looking for you!

Pollies will not listen unless there is some noise. So if you have not signed, then please find the motivation. Apathy does not defend rights.

Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  BatchelorGold Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Signer 197 Gef. Great work mate!

BG
BatchelorGold
BatchelorGold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2011-03-19

Back to top Go down

Detecting in the Northern Territory - Page 2 Empty Re detecting in the Northern Territory

Post  jmp333 Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:09 pm

I am number 200.
JMP333 Very Happy

jmp333
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Imadogman Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:59 pm

"Also a natural story for Gem and Treasure magazine. (I will email them). I will also send an email to the NT News – this is a nice little story for them. Gef -- they might even come looking for you!"

Both done today.
Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:59 am

The lack of numbers is due to to the vast majority of prospectors being only in it for the money!

Just as well gold is so hard to find! I guess many will never get to NT!

Last nights news says NT is not getting many tourists in the last 12 months! Perhaps the petition is good timing, if we can not prospect we will not be visiting!

Please sign as every vote counts!Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Detecting in the Northern Territory - Page 2 Empty How about all the metal detector stores get a petition going at store levelaround australia

Post  Guest Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:20 am

Get every tom dick and harry that steps in the store to sign if they will. Show them what real power and numbers there really are. Then mail them off to the government in the NT>

To show this is seriously being watched around australia.

Back to top Go down

Detecting in the Northern Territory - Page 2 Empty re detecting in the N.T.

Post  bunter9 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Number 601
Bunter 9

bunter9
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-12-12

Back to top Go down

Detecting in the Northern Territory - Page 2 Empty signed petition

Post  brownie Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Just signed petition No 798