Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

toyota 3f petrol engine extractors/exhaust

4 posters

Go down

toyota 3f petrol engine extractors/exhaust Empty toyota 3f petrol engine extractors/exhaust

Post  harrysheroes Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:36 am

Hi all, Have just blown out the rear muffler on my 60 series 3f petrol , Thinking of fitting extractors and a 2 1/2 inch system to it
and just wondering if anyone has owned one and done this just wondering if they found it a worthwhile improvement power and economy wise.
The old beast only has 140000km on it so is still in its prime.
cheers
Marty
harrysheroes
harrysheroes
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

toyota 3f petrol engine extractors/exhaust Empty Re: toyota 3f petrol engine extractors/exhaust

Post  Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:46 am

Marty. Extractors will gain you a few more horse's, I've always liked bolt on HP Very Happy You need to look at the intake side as well, snorkels work well!

Back to top Go down

toyota 3f petrol engine extractors/exhaust Empty Re: toyota 3f petrol engine extractors/exhaust

Post  Harb Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:15 am

Making the Engine breath better is always an advantage....... I have never had anything but positive experiences fitting a better flowing exhaust system.
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  harrysheroes Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Went extractors and a 2 1/2 system fitting a snorkel soon which with the cyclone weather coming will be good
harrysheroes
harrysheroes
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Harb Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 am

Sounds good...... I am pretty sure you find an improvement.
Harb
Harb
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 720
Registration date : 2010-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Alan WA Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Great donk.
Got over 400000 in mine.
Rust was what let me down. Motor still going strong.
Alan WA
Alan WA
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post  goldslave Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:40 am

Hi Marty, Like the man say's nothing beats bolt on horses, try changing the carby to a 202 holden carby and see the difference, it worked for me and my old girl kept going for many many years in the topend, cheers

goldslave
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-01-18

Back to top Go down