Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

geo maps, fault lines, how to find - use

Go down

geo maps, fault lines, how to find - use Empty geo maps, fault lines, how to find - use

Post  Guest Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi, this may be a silly question, but still trying to find way around computer. I'm no geek. People talk about google maps and geology stuff on here and finding fault lines and the like. How does one go about finding this, looking for this?
I'm trying to learn a bit about geology and anything that I may gleen of maps or anything like saterlight images that could be beneficial to prehaps finding areas that may be a chance for detecting. We had a friend put tenements on our favorites so we can look up areas that we are interested in going so we know where we can not go (do not want to get in trouble)
This may sound a broad question but I read on some of the posts from time to time about diferent maps or images and would really like to know how these are found. (I'm not asking for X spots, just how to find info to learn more)
Any help would be grateful.
travelergold

Back to top Go down

geo maps, fault lines, how to find - use Empty Re: geo maps, fault lines, how to find - use

Post  crack-hardy Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:59 am

G'Day Travelergold,

I am basically in same situation. However I do have a site you can download the relevent maps to area you are interested in. Although the maps show fault lines etc they do cause some confusion as the mineral occurences etc are bit confusing to understand. Thats where I have a problem. But I hope that helps or is a start. Goodluck.

www.geoscience.gov.au
crack-hardy
crack-hardy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2011-12-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum