Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

most flogged areas

+11
Dunnart
Detrackozi
big fella
staples61
paulf
hotrock
TheGoldenChild
DanielG
gollstar
slimpickens
richter-scale
15 posters

Go down

most flogged areas Empty most flogged areas

Post  richter-scale Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:29 pm

hey men, what parts of the g-triangle would have to be the most flogged,beaten then flogged again ? is there any area that you would not even waist you time detecting? just a new topic for all to put there 2 bobs worth in, regards scale.

richter-scale
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

most flogged areas Empty Re: most flogged areas

Post  slimpickens Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:33 pm

That's easy, Heathcote and Maryborough. If ya don't believe me, just ask Wombat Very Happy
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  richter-scale Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:34 pm

wombat?

richter-scale
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:40 pm

I would go to where the gold was found very close to the surface and the mineralisation extreme, the sort of ground that makes most people give up as impossible and I would search it meticulously with a gold dedicated PI plus a HF VLF.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:10 pm

For me, Tarnagulla & Dunolly!
I am yet to find any gold in either of those two places?

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:50 pm

Secret hill at Waanyarra would have to be the most flogged piece of ground in the entire world bar none.
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:38 pm

not such a thing as flogged to death.
New detector a new goldfields again ,
little bit more rain, new goldfields again.
I am newbie and found gold in Dunolly and Tarnagulla.(monoloop68)
Never been on detecting day trip with other members that no one find a gold.There is always nugget or two or more Smile.
So keep walking and keep detector switched on.

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielG Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:00 pm

lol dont even try creswick in ballarat! might find a few rusty bits of tin and car parts here and there. Doesnt help people illegally dump there

TAKE ALL METAL ITEMS HOME lol

DanielG
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGoldenChild Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:23 pm

By the time this thread is dead every area in the Triangle will be mentioned, so going by that the whole Golden Triangle is flogged to death Sad . Time to pack the bags and head to WA?
If you keep going to the most common spots that everybody goes to in any area yes they are flogged to death Twisted Evil . Learn a bit about geology and start prospecting away from these areas, find new ground, the rewards can be extremely satisfying even in the Triangle sunny .
TheGoldenChild
TheGoldenChild
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2010-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrock Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:49 am

richter-scale wrote:hey men, what parts of the g-triangle would have to be the most flogged,beaten then flogged again ? is there any area that you would not even waist you time detecting? just a new topic for all to put there 2 bobs worth in, regards scale.

All of it probably lol! Sad Sad

hotrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrock Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:50 am

DanielG wrote:lol dont even try creswick in ballarat! might find a few rusty bits of tin and car parts here and there. Doesnt help people illegally dump there

TAKE ALL METAL ITEMS HOME lol

Yes l tried Creswick once, nothing but junk and that was 15 years ago , so it would be worse now.

hotrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  paulf Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:00 am

Got 5 grams last trip to Creswick. There is still gold there but like everywhere you have to keep looking.

paulf
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2010-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:30 pm

No matter how bad an area has been flogged to death there is always that odd one or two that keep popping up. patience and tenacity and a positive attitude are the way to approach these areas. I went to a completely flogged out area in maryborough once and two hours later I went home with an two and a half ouncer. Yes wombat I will tell you exactly where cause its been done to death. lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  staples61 Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:27 pm

Could not agree with you more Keating.Gold.
A while back pulled a 4 oz specie with a good 2 oz of yellow from a gully in Talbot.I had done the spot to death and would lay money half the people on the forum had also. Its just the luck/concentration/weather etc on the day.
YOULL NEVER NEVER KNOW IF YOU NEVER NEVER GO !!

Staples

staples61
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 156
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:34 pm

keating.gold wrote:I will tell you exactly where cause its been done to death. lol.

lol! i got a laugh out of that

Back to top Go down

Post  slimpickens Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:28 am

"That's easy, Heathcote and Maryborough. If ya don't believe me, just ask Wombat" Very Happy
Hi Richter-Scale, sorry for being flippant with my first post to you.

In all seriousness, all of them still have gold, anyone who says different, is lying to keep you out of their favourite spot, or is just plain lazy and doesn't venture more than a hundred metres from their car. Look at the vastness of just the recognised goldfields and for anyone to say they personally have covered every inch of them is either delusional or totally up themselves with greatly exagerated claims of their own profficiency. Remember that an area has't been done till you have done it, don't listen to anyone.
All it takes, as I have found out the hard way, is to do your research, get that b****y coil on the ground, and put in the long hours.
Cheers Shiraz
slimpickens
slimpickens
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 3675
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post  richter-scale Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:38 am

shiraz ,no worries m8! have a good weekend everyone that is heading out for a hunt the weather is going to be ideal ,iam camping over amherst way saturday nite! regards scale.

richter-scale
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:45 am

G'Day
Shiraz you have said it all simple as that keep up the good work i know you will do well good luck to you
Big Fella
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:38 am

shiraz wrote:That's easy, Heathcote and Maryborough. If ya don't believe me, just ask Wombat Very Happy

Sorry guy for not replying earlier but have been out checking ALL the flogged areas of Maryborough to make sure there was "NO GOLD LEFT" Yep it's true no gold left. Evil or Very Mad Try Creswick I head someone on this site found a 5 gr there not long ago Laughing
Keating gold, that would have to be the last bit of gold to come out of Maryborough mate. Hang onto it as it will be worth a fortune later. You can advertise it as "Last Bit Of Gold That Came Out Of Maryborough"

I think my move up here to Maryborough may have been a waist of time as I came up for the gold Crying or Very sad

I'm a sad Wombat

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:57 pm

I would say

X marks the spot Laughing Laughing are you Shocked
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Dunnart Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:00 pm

I've been detecting the triangle since 1994, and up until the 4000 came out I averaged well over 10 oz a year being self employed, and a part-time prospector doing long weekends regularly.

I have generally stayed reasonably up-to-date with the latest ML's, but at the moment I only run a 4000( can't justify the next upgrade). I'm still swinging for about the same amount of time each year, but I'm now averaging just under 4 oz a year for the last three years.......

It's definitely getting harder to find yet there seems to be more people detecting than ever before..... Shocked

I would suggest there are a lot of new-chum getting very little, if anything at all. Question
Dunnart
Dunnart
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Dunnart wrote:
I've been detecting the triangle since 1994, and up until the 4000 came out I averaged well over 10 oz a year being self employed, and a part-time prospector doing long weekends regularly.

I have generally stayed reasonably up-to-date with the latest ML's, but at the moment I only run a 4000( can't justify the next upgrade). I'm still swinging for about the same amount of time each year, but I'm now averaging just under 4 oz a year for the last three years.......

It's definitely getting harder to find yet there seems to be more people detecting than ever before..... Shocked

I would suggest there are a lot of new-chum getting very little, if anything at all. Question

Most are finding although the ouncers have gone down the value is up. Gold is four times what it was in 2003, but 1979 value were better.
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 936
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  vasilis Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:03 pm

I have to say that it is getting extremely difficult to find quantity. There are bits of gold still around and a good thorough search as mentioned on this post is required.I found these 6 bits a couple of weeks ago and I was quite surprised by this. I will say that the secret is not the technology of today. This is part of it.
The the most important thing for me is information from prospecting buddies on location. Then the rest is up to you to be thorough and careful with the search.
If your buddies don't help or share this knowledge then I wouldn't call them buddies. This is coming from personal experience only.
Otherwise spend the next few years with random swinging and you may stumble on something.

https://2img.net/h/i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/vasilisalamidis/IMG_0970.jpg

cheers Bill
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrock Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:08 am

Could new technology in metal detectors open up more gold, Just say they invented a new metal detector that could go 30%-50% deeper then the current GPX4000-5000 would that open up a whole lot of new gold on the triangle or only a small amount more .

hotrock
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  themrburns Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:01 am

Its interesting to hear what peoples ideas of flogged are. On my recent trip we went to some areas which have been hammered to buggery and still picked up gold. I get the impression there are a lot of crap detectorists who only pick up pretty obvious signals. So even if lots of people have been in an area, If they are not competent on their equipment they will have still missed.

cheers,

themrburns
themrburns
themrburns
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Irish9 Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:48 am

Tarnagulla, Dunnoly and Maryborough would have to be some of the most detected ground in the world! Secret Hill being the top of that as stated above Very Happy . Having said that it is a very rare trip that at least a piece of gold is not found in a Maryborough trip for me, you get less junk there but there is still plenty of gold. It has been flogged for the simple reason it is a bloody good goldfield!

I've recently been detecting a spot that has not been detected at all as far as I can tell, the owners had it 30 years and said no one has been in there in that time. I'm not sure I'd really want to go back to the Groundhog days with a GPX after this site, there is at least a couple of shotgun pellets and a .22 every meter plus all the crap the old timers left, it tunes me out to the soft signals that gold often makes after a while and is not fun at all so flogged and junk free ground has its advantage and you really listen to every sound to get the deep, hiding bits of gold.

Irish9
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-12-03

Back to top Go down