Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to detect.

5 posters

Go down

Where to detect. Empty Where to detect.

Post  kiloz Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:38 pm

There should be a new section on where not to detect.
There is a lot of areas with next to no gold left, where you are wasting your time finding nothing, or spending the whole day to get one piece of fly sh%#t.
The only place left to get any decent gold is private property, and with the price of gold these days, you don,t have much chance of getting onto much of that.

kiloz
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-05-08

Back to top Go down

Where to detect. Empty Re: Where to detect.

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:54 pm

If we all knew where not to prospect due to lack of gold the few remaining places would be worked out in a matter of weeks, especially if you are referring to the golden triangle in Victoria! Shocked

It can be very dissapointing to go out day after day and not find gold but thats part and parcel of the game. Crying or Very sad
Perhaps you should do a bit more scouting of all the known nugget fields in the triangle, drive all the tracks, learn the local clues, do a bit of virgin ground hunting, get a real small coil for well known and flogged diggings in gullies? Rolling Eyes

Having a positive frame of mind and the right approach can be some help!

Maybe do a tag along trip to WA next winter? Idea

Best of luck on the field!

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Laceys creek Brisbane first creek crossing... not worth the effort..
Laceys creek Brisbane turn right, clean up all the junk, it may be worth it.. Very Happy <<< if thats not a hint nothing is....
Laceys creek Brisbane turn left, forget it.
Laceys creek main bridge, a few flecks.
Laceys creek Brisbane baker rda few flecks.
Rush creek Dayboro, not worth the effort.At the head. try lower near the dam
Bufferzone at Glendons, not worth the effort. Been flogged out, it needs scraping or a massive storm
Camp mountain Samford, not worth the effort. try the golden spur, but the best ground now has a tennis court over it.. cant stop progress...
Most of big hill at Pratten, not worth the effort, try lower down the hill.But look for thin wash as most is 10 to 20 feet deep..
cedar creek Samford, not worth the effort. Unless you get onto gordons road/ park, where the gully runs to the creek..Might be a few flecks in it for you.
Gully west of gold scrub road Dayboro, worth a look, all the way to Kobble creek.
Cash's crossing not worth the effort.
Youngs crossing forget it.
Dugandan road ferny hills/ arana hills, forget it.
Theodore road/ Petrie to dayboro, nothing there
Brisbane road at Mt pleasant,, nothing there.
Gold scrub cemetery area, coins/ relics old military trinkets.
Cnr of main road and gold scrub lane, old railway platform, long gone, well worth a shot for relics/ coins.
Mt glorious, samford.. all deco ground,, not a fleck in any creeks i have tried.
I will add more if any Brisbane guys are interested in where i have looked.. It may save you a few months even years.....

maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Where to detect. Empty re:were not to detect

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:32 pm

streth Maca
sure u r going low and slow over these old patches?
If u swing hard and fast in old so called flogged patches u r sure to add a whole lot more areas however even if u find a lead bullet-scrap whatever,
tells me that the ground has still some merot.

I remember a few years ago when I was working on the gas pipeline. Our trenching machine had gone through and dug up the trench for the pipeline
to go in and next morning there was a stream of color beside the heap---gold is on private property.

The area was Braeswood---spelling not right.

I usually put on the 6" coil if I find an area surrounded by pot holes.
U just never know.

We have been flogging an area here for the past 7 years and it still produces. ....small gramers and sub gramers but still there.

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Thats because your still young? I hear once you hit 70 it reduces to a couple off drops Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:50 pm

70!! 70!! Bluddy ell i az a few years ta go but I az hit a brick wall years ago already Laughing Sad

Yeah, I can only detect for around 20 hours a day now Laughing Laughing Laughing affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:07 am

kiloz wrote:There should be a new section on where not to detect.
There is a lot of areas with next to no gold left, where you are wasting your time finding nothing, or spending the whole day to get one piece of fly sh%#t.
The only place left to get any decent gold is private property, and with the price of gold these days, you don,t have much chance of getting onto much of that.

old saying "if you want success walk with successful people" Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Fully agree there Murachu Cool

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:32 pm

When in gold country there is the gold.
Will you find it depend of of lot of things:
Research, experience, knowing your machine, etc etc.Gold is definitely there.
Have to agree with Murachu and Pete and probably lot of other guys like them.
Been detecting with few forum members.Some of them always find gold (or at least 9 times of 10).
Might argue that they have a latest machine (there is a valid point) but then it come to the operator as well.
There is no coincidence they find the gold every time we go detecting.(believe me they are not that lucky).
Practice make perfect. Learn, learn and learn and you will get good at it.

( I always have fun detecting because i treat this as a hobby) In my book there is not such a place I can not detect.
That is a difference between me and my forum members who find a gold.They simply (with experience, knowledge, research etc)know where they have more chance they will find the yellow and where to detect.
So dont walk around like zombie, open your eyes gold is sometimes in front of you.

Have to add that i see lot of newbies getting impatient with this hobby.Maybe your expectations are high.Reality is if you start to get frustrated you dont enjoy this.

On other hand definition of gold (for me):
Lot of walking
great countryside,
Beautiful bush,
Fresh air,
Unique flora and founa,
Peacefull,
Mateship,
Doesn't matter how many ounces you find you can not buy this Smile
Happy gold hounting

Last edited by golden on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added few things)

Back to top Go down

Where to detect. Empty RE:where not to detect

Post  flyspecks Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi kiloz Smile Smile ..... try no gold track on possume gully rd. near talbot..... when you look at the sign post , it tells you Smile Smile lol! lol! lol! ..... hey golden when you going out next????
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Yeah Oneday, I have done these areas pretty hard. But who knows i probably missed something.. Bear in mind Brisbane is not a great area to prospect. All the areas where gold was actually found is now residential..
Just putting the areas out there, someone may have found something there, and can show me the right direction, or confirm its a waste of time...
Either way nothing lost,
I still love the country side up there, so if anyone wants to retry some of those areas i am up for it...
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielG Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:11 pm

haha my backyard, found a few intresting items though nothing worth real money though

DanielG
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2011-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:39 pm

There is a lot of areas with next to no gold left

yeh , it dosen`t work that way. there are plenty of places i have detected where i haven`t found gold, but that dosen`t really prove anything. ALL it proves is I didn`t find gold there.
dosen`t mean its not there.
cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoffs Gold Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:32 am

I know how you feel kiloz, I'm yet to find my first bit and I've been to lots of well known and not so well known spots. But every time I've gone out right from my first day I've found bullets lead slugs one as big as a mobile phone (20 ounce) some as small as half a grain of rice, any one of these could of been a nugget and I believe there’s lots of gold out there I just need to walk over it and I know when I do I wont miss it!
Plus the more I head out and don't find that nugget the more back flips I'll do when I do.
Cheers Hoff,

"Patience, persistence and perspiration
make an unbeatable combination for success."
Hoffs Gold
Hoffs Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 292
Registration date : 2011-04-26

http://www.thebeardedprospectors.com

Back to top Go down