Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend at Eldarado with some members

2 posters

Go down

Weekend at Eldarado with some members Empty Weekend at Eldarado with some members

Post  fossicker12 Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:52 pm

G,day all,

My brother and myself had a great time at Eldarado fine weather and good company with James101, Rustydog, Murachu and Prospector learning the finer art of operating a Banjo and being taught the art of dealing with the Black sand (panning) picked up just under 2grams of gold for the 2 days Very Happy we where impressed with our find Thanks goes to the the boys for taking the time to give us an understanding of how the rivers work and how to test pan areas first to check possible locations cheers

Then on the way home we stopped in Marybourgh for a night and thought we would put what we learned to the test the next day and 10 hours later a little over 2 grams silent impressed we then headed back to Home area and hit some creeks 3 more grams for a fair amount of digging Very Happy my poor detector hasnt had a look in in 2 weeks lol!
tomorrow we hitting a new spot panning has showed some potential there, every where i go now i find myself jumping out of the car with my pan and Trusty shovel testing as i go and im loving the search and there is bits of gold everywhere.

Cheers Fossicker12 cheers

fossicker12
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Weekend at Eldarado with some members Empty Re: Weekend at Eldarado with some members

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Mate it was a pleasure indeed, it was grand a time indeed. Any more pointers you need just give me a yell. Cheers mate
James 101
cheers

Back to top Go down

Weekend at Eldarado with some members Empty Re: Weekend at Eldarado with some members

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:10 pm

It was great to meet you guys, don't give up on the detector though. That was some nice gold you have found with it. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:14 pm

Great effort guys. It's funny how the trusty gold pan and shovel always just happen to be in the car No matter what! Very Happy and thunderstorms have no effect Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:20 pm

Was great meetin'ya fossical12 -- no stoppin' ya now !! cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:17 pm

someday wrote:Great effort guys. It's funny how the trusty gold pan and shovel always just happen to be in the car No matter what! Very Happy and thunderstorms have no effect Cool

How true mate how true. cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  kiwijw Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:40 pm

G'day James & crew, You buggers......looks like you & your banjo have infected someone else with GAD. You know there will be no cure for him now. LOL Smile He has already admitted that he is now haunted by every creek he drives past & has to stop & test pan it. Poor b**tard...he is done for.....LOL Smile Dont you love it. Good one Smile

Happy hunting.

JW Smile
kiwijw
kiwijw
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1886
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:07 pm

kiwijw wrote: Dont you love it. Good one Smile Happy hunting. JW Smile

Yes indeed mate i do ....... mind i am very selective on who i show these days. They are grand guy's indeed. cheers mate

cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Foss I ended up with over 8 gms for the stay im happy with that seeing as the water was way high !!

Back to top Go down

Weekend at Eldarado with some members Empty im there

Post  fossicker12 Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:47 pm

Thx

Nice work 8 grams Murachu we where Very Happy with our weekend with you all and the Gold What a Face.
We hit a creek/stream today as it has been raining a little here and started digging 10 meters below where 2 streams joined and found nice colour
and after the join no Gold affraid Then back to what you all Taught us where did it go or where did it come from???

a quick test Pan and we found it other stream Smile we still dont have scales but we reckon over 2 g's again going of my nuggets i have had weighed pirat pirat Loving using the Banjo.
Prospekta i wont be getting rid of detector used it yesterday for 10 minutes lol! my bro wants to learn so i let him use it for a bit (under supervision lol! ) good meeting you looking forward to doing it again.
James and Murachu thxs from both of us so much for your time in Eldarado cheers
Kiwijw a drain on the side of a road now looks intresting to me Laughing

fossicker12
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:01 pm

cheers Mate now you have the best of both worlds. you can dig for a few hours then go detecting or do it the other way around. Either way you now have two very powerful tools to use in your golden quest. cheers mate i hope we can meet again someday. cheers

Back to top Go down