Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frequency settings

4 posters

Go down

Frequency settings Empty Frequency settings

Post  Rob.B Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:34 am

I finally got an explination of what the 4 settings are on the SD2000 dial, but this answer contradicts all the other answers I've been given.

I was originally told setting 1 & 2 were shallow, 3 was average, 4 was deep.

Then I was told 1 was the original shallow setting, 2 was original deep setting, 3 & 4 were deeper settings.

A couple days ago I got a call from the bloke at the prospectors patch in WA, because somebody on this forum said the mod was a Peter Nikola mod & the bloke in WA can help........ I am now told -

Setting
1 is 7.1Khz
2 is 8.4Khz
3 is 9.1Khz
4 is 10.13Khz.........

& that none of it relates to depth, but rather mineralisation....

What a journey....

Rob.B
Rob.B
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down

Frequency settings Empty Re: Frequency settings

Post  gef50 Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:03 pm

Hmmm if it is the freqs then they be toooo low

should be approx coz not all the same
anything between 4Mhz and 1Mhz
gef50
gef50
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 295
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://www.vkteksolutions.com

Back to top Go down

Frequency settings Empty which frequency??

Post  goldfather Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Rob.B wrote:I finally got an explination of what the 4 settings are on the SD2000 dial, but this answer contradicts all the other answers I've been given.

Then I was told 1 was the original shallow setting, 2 was original deep setting, 3 & 4 were deeper settings.

A couple days ago I got a call from the bloke at the prospectors patch in WA, because somebody on this forum said the mod was a Peter Nikola mod & the bloke in WA can help........ I am now told -

Setting
1 is 7.1Khz
2 is 8.4Khz
3 is 9.1Khz
4 is 10.13Khz.........

What a journey....

Usually the lower the frequency the deeper the penetration, submarines transmit at 9Khz so they are onto something to penitrate deep warter. The minlab eurika has 3 frequenies, 7.5Khz,20khz and the gold one is at 60khz and the only one that will pick up small gold at 6". So use that as a guide as discrimination suffers as the depth increases. Hope that helps some. Last week I dug a hole 1.2m deep knacckered myself for two days up at Wedderbourne to find a pan handle. I was using 5000 with mono, then had some help with guy with 4500 assured me it was worth a dig as I had expended so much time in the hole I just cold not walk away from it. I since have put on my "DD" that can discriminate iron for a small loss in depth but I dont want to dig any more holes like that. Happy hunting to all.
goldfather
goldfather
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2011-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Ismael Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:07 am

Rob.B wrote:I finally got an explination of what the 4 settings are on the SD2000 dial, but this answer contradicts all the other answers I've been given.

Setting
1 is 7.1Khz
2 is 8.4Khz
3 is 9.1Khz
4 is 10.13Khz.........

What a journey....

Totally misinformed.... Depending on who did the mod and as you already said who, most did it this way:

1 = Standard 2.050Mhz
2 = Standard Also 2.070Mhz
3 = 2.4Mhz
4 = 3.00Mhz

Obviously 1 & 2 very little difference but on some one was better (more stable) than the other, these are used for deeper larger targets, 3 & 4 obviously as mentioned the higher the frequency the more sensitive to small gold and less depth especially when using a larger coil. 3 & 4 can also be more unstable on high mineralisation and you can (and will) in high mineralisation run out of Ground Balance on channel 2.

I mentioned depending on who did the mod for a reason. Myself, Old Finders, Barry Johnson, and Peter and most others did the switch in the configuration mentioned (common sense really 1 being LOW 4 being HIGH) however Paul Garbut, formally the son of the original owner of Prospectors Patch did the mod in the opposite format. As a heads up for my 4 postion mod, I never placed the 4 position as a seperate switch, I replaced the on off switch and used the same switch for frequency change and on/off as in picture below:

Frequency settings Sd2000

Ismael
Ismael
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-11-18

http://www.minelabmods.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rob.B Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:47 am

Thanks, I've made a note of that.

The 4 position switch is the same as in the photo.

Ground balance 2 is the one which always needs adjustment.

Thank you
Rob.B
Rob.B
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2011-10-08

Back to top Go down