Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

N T prospecting rules

4 posters

Go down

N T prospecting rules Empty N T prospecting rules

Post  nigel Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:32 am

Has anybody heard anything about the new N T prospecting rules apparently they are very prospector unfriendly large fines pastoralists can deny access and you are only alowed to find 100 grams! what beaurocratic twat thought that one up! what do you do if you find a nugget bigger than a 100 grams throw it back.This is what happens when bob brown the puppet master and the radical greens are running the country and juliar gillard and labour are dancing at the end off his strings! the sooner we vote out that bunch of tosspots the better! if this rabble stay in power for to much longer activities such as prospecting and fishing will be banned throughout the country everything will be locked up! bring on the next election

nigel
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

N T prospecting rules Empty Re: N T prospecting rules

Post  Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:51 pm

Yes 1oo grams per person, or in posession, I heard about that last night. Clean or combined as specimins. Find a good hide spot on your rig/setup.
Im just waiting what WA will do to turn us away?
So much more red tape that us ordinary jo blow have to try and understand.
Well guess what folks, You voted krud and therefore gizzards in. weather you voted labor or greens you voted them in.
My guess she will be gone by xmas.
Cheers and hope you all find that 101gram nugget
travelergold Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  thelion Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:21 pm

If you find a nugget bigger than 100 grams you get to keep it but must inform the minister for mines within 28 days, me I would flog the hell out of the area in those 28 days!

It must be remembered here that it wasnt lawful to fossick (note the word Prospecting denotes professional activities) in the NT for Gold.

Whilst we might make complaints these laws actually make it lawful to fossick!

I will in a weeks time post the URL with all the new laws and note also I am in the process of trying to get confirmation that Yabbie Pumps are lawful, I will be asking that the decision be in writing, so that there is no misunderstandings with persons out in the bush!

thelion
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  DRW-GLD Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:22 am

Hi thelion,

Just thought I would help out and post the website where the information on fossicking in the NT can be found. Unfortunately here in the NT we only have seven declared fossicking areas, pretty much all other places where gold is/has been found are under lease. There are ways of getting permission which is explained on the site.

http://www.nt.gov.au/d/Minerals_Energy/index.cfm?header=Fossicking%20Information

Cheers,
Mick

DRW-GLD
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  thelion Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Note the new places where we can now fossick, under the old act it was what you said under the new act one can if one does it correctly fossick even on an Extractive Mineral Lease providing you dont do it where they are actually mining! Hence if they have a hole in one corner and you go fossicking in the other corner a few miles away and ONLY use hand tools and stay within the other rules of fossicking then you are right! There is a whole Plethora of activities that were changed and short of diamond, Vertebrate fossiling and meteorites it is actually for the better! One of my best friends was the Mining Registrar of the NT for many years, and because she said it was illegal I didnt bother looking for gold here even though I know of many potential good spots.

•the application area of an exploration licence or extractive mineral exploration licence;
•the granted area of an extractive mineral exploration licence.

Where can't I fossick?
•Aboriginal Sacred Sites - For information on Sacred Sites please contact the Aboriginal Areas Protection Authority in Darwin on (08) 8999 5511
•Commonwealth Land - E.g. RAAF Tindal and other defence facilities, Uluru and Kakadu National Parks.

thelion
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2013-02-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:35 pm

NT

Current Granted EL as Google Earth Kmz file

Download Link
EL Granted.zip