Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold For Bread - Zimbabwe

+4
maka
flyspecks
HOBO'S Gold
piston broke
8 posters

Go down

Gold For Bread - Zimbabwe  Empty Gold For Bread - Zimbabwe

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:43 am

would you be able to live if this happen hear?

why was this video blocked?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ubJp6rmUYM

cheers
stoppsy

Last edited by stoppsy on Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Gold For Bread - Zimbabwe  Empty Re: Gold For Bread - Zimbabwe

Post  piston broke Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:55 pm

Good video Stoppsy, very sad though. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Thanks for that Stoppsy, someone must of complained and now if you click on the video it says "embedding disabled by request" but if you double click on it it sends you to You Tube and you can watch it any way. Its a eye opener and it is related too Gold, I don't know why it was disabled Evil or Very Mad
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:41 pm

that's right HB it shows what gold can do to places and how it can make it hard on familys. it just another side of what gold can do...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Gold For Bread - Zimbabwe  Empty RE: gold for bread zimbabwe

Post  flyspecks Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:58 pm

MAN.. what can you say.... it sure was an eye opener...... its hard to think zimbabwe used to be the food bowl of africa, now its come to this Sad
flyspecks
flyspecks
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 988
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  maka Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:12 pm

The whole situation in Zimbabwe is ... No words can describe it.......
When an average monthly wage of one million dollars, buys 600ml of bottled water, a plastic bucket and some soap..
I am glad .3 of a gram of gold can somehow buy a loaf of bread, atleast it some hope for those who can dig, pan or sluice... The old and crippled from being tortured whom cant dig will ultimately die. Its a very very sad truth...
If only they had more gold or oil, maybe Aust or USA would step in and stop the bloodshed Mugabe has inflicted.

I would happily send them 100 pans or sluices if i knew it would get to the right people, just so they may recover a better tally for the day.
If they lose .3 of a gram thru the bad pans / sluices they have, they wont be eating..
I hate to see these people ultimately trading in gold , knowing its filling some fat cats pocket, when hyper inflation has destroyed the economy.
You cant eat gold,
They need leadership, and orginization, crops and livestock
They dont need corruption, murders, tortures,famine,and H.I.V, and rumors that raping virgins will cure HIV..FFS these are 9 month old babies.
The dont need necklacing ( tyres over your shoulders holding your arms down, full of fuel and lit)
They need education...
I dont blame them for wanting to come and live here or any safe country where our kids throw food on the ground or feed it to seagulls at the beach.
enough said.
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Pricks

"dood te die vark Mugabe" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Death to the pig Mugabe' Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Pete in WA Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldbait Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:20 pm

just goes to prove that the true currency in the world is gold. Paper money isn't worth the ink it's printed with. Only gold is a true indicator of value.

I do feel for these people and Magabe has a lot to answer for. But this coming from a country that drives people off their lands (if you are the lucky ones, and you don't get murdered). The gold has probably come off land after they murdered the origional land owners.

I feel bad for the people that are struggling, but the whole situation was inevitable.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:33 pm

Turn the clock back 40 years, and you wouldn't know it's happening! Lets go back 40 years and start dealing with the **** in our own country!
*=s*=h*=i*=T apparently I swore!

Back to top Go down

Post  xenon Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:40 am

This is what happens when you have someone like this in power. Corruption starts from the top and slides it's way way down the chain until, unfortunately, as always, the people at the bottom suffer.
This country was obviously going to go up the creek after driving all the whites off the land. Inflation went to astronomical levels. I Actually have a $500 million note in frame (which is worthless) and a $1billion note was printed too. A friend of mine was lucky enough to get out of Zim with his family and he was saying that in order to go and do your grocery shopping you needed to take a big tool box full of notes to pay for it. And he meant a trademans tool box.
Sadly, unless the UN go in and sort this country out (and fast) many thousands, or millions will die. Gold is the only real currency that people understand, but this should not be the way.
Greed has yet again taken over a population, but this is human nature I suppose. Whay would they want money for bread when they know quite well that the paper it is printed on is worth more than the note. The Zim government (if I can use such as word seeing as Mugabe controls it all) has never cared for the welfare of its people.
The old and the frail are no use to a country anymore, they have worked their whole life and payed their taxes. Now they are no use. Far to many countries hold this view and sadly it is on the increase.
xenon
xenon
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Gold For Bread - Zimbabwe  Empty Gold

Post  Ismael Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:35 am

This is typical of Mugabe. On another note about Zimbabwe, about 15 or so years back I bought a 2000 from a guy in the hills region east of Perth, this fellow had just come back out of Zimbabwe because of Mugabe and the killing that was going on. He spent 2 weeks detecting with the 2000 and found more than a couple of million dollars worth of gold. He couldn't take it out of Zimbabwe and had to sell it there for Zimbabwe currency and said he lost a lot but still managed to come back to Oz and build a $500,000+ house on 5 acres of land in the hills plus a fair bit left over. He managed to smuggle 1 piece of gold out which he showed me and that weighed 2.4Kgs!! He described Zimbabwe as similar to going back in time in WA say 30 - 40 years ago but with the modern detectors. He was detecting with permission on an AUSTRALIAN gold lease over there. You can imagine how much gold he found as back then it was only around the AUD$250-350 an ounce...

A South African mate and I was planning a trip over there back then and going to take a ute with a dual "fuel tank" with guards and weapons and do some detecting and fill up the tank and come back over the border. The only reason we didn't do it was I didn't much like the idea of camping in a tent in Africa (what with the lions and such plus the chance of Mugabe loyalist deciding a whitey was fair game!!!

It's such a shame to see this and other similar happenings going on with such abundance of wealth around the world in so called civilised countries, but I suppose it is an easy way to scale down the world population by letting the people die and just saying that we can't do anything about it and it is not our problem Embarassed Embarassed pale
Ismael
Ismael
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-11-18

http://www.minelabmods.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:15 am

Gday

All of my life I have been hearing of war and draught in Africa, theres realy not been a year that has gone by where we have not been asked to donate money to feed one place or another, I firmly believe that almost all of the money donated and sent into the country has only succeeded in lining the pockets of the likes of Mugabe and other organisations.

We are talking about billions apon billions of dollars sunk into a country that still to this day cant feed itself, you have to wonder about why this continues to happen, its fair to say that they have been treated rather badly by other countries in the past but the reality is that the very worst acts of inhumanity on them have been carried out by their own leaders.

They cant buy food and medicine but they seem to be able to buy weapons, they are their own worst enemy, we cant help them if they wont help themselves, the country flourished while whites where there to grow the food and do the organising for them, they chased them out and took their farms, but are too ignorant to do it themselves, stupid is as stupid does, now they are paying for it with their lives.

The reason other countries are not getting in there and trying to sort it out is because its pretty much a lost cause if the people and their leaders are not willing to help themselves, its going to get worse much worse, many people who have tried to help have enevitably had their hands bitten, the only way that things in this place will ever change is if they are invaded and forced into submission while their country and economy are repaired.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi All
I am Rhodesian born (Zimbabwe), could not agree more with the post's here, Not only has Mugabe got alot to answer for but so have the Western politician's that put him into power, enough said.
I had some news recently from a cousin he said the average joe is doing okay there now they have changed the currency to Us dollars.

There is alot of gold there, here is a snippet of an email I recieved from a prospector who detects within 1 hr of the 2nd city Bulawayo.
Greatings lee. no worries on the late reply i too have been busy been out in the bush alot now as i'm on holiday so trying to get in as much as i can and to learn as much as i can, and i must say i have been lucky pulled out a 193 gramer what a ripper. got half a kilo out of the same place btwn my self and my partner. so yes i am very pleased. got it all out of the place your dad knows of man it was great i'v been doing it for 3 or so months so very new to it my mate uses a 3000 and i use a 3500, trying to get my hands on the new gpx 5000 as that what most people are using here. that or the 4500, what is your take on these machines? i feel with what we are using we are missing the big ones, and there have been some big stuff coming out, i'll send u some pics of our new finds, coils well we use both i"m using a 15x12 eliptical mono well learning to use it much harder than the dd but a nice coil, the ground u c i"m still trying to figure these things out, we get alot of iron stone hot rocks and bandid iron stone, places the ground is very red with lots of rubble.
cheers
Lee

rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down