Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1999 nissan navara

Go down

1999 nissan navara Empty 1999 nissan navara

Post  starry Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:57 pm

any ideas on one of these been looking at one that only has 220k on it , all service history , one owner , arb canopy , bullbar etc , looks like its never been off road not a mark on it there asking $14000 thats negotiable , I know my young bloke has one but his 05 3 ltr turbo diesel this one being earlier is a 3.2 diesel but very well looked after , any thoughts on this cheers Mick
starry
starry
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-08-02

http://tas-prospecting.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

1999 nissan navara Empty Re: 1999 nissan navara

Post  Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:42 pm

14G sounds a bit steep, running gear was always good on the Navara, not a heavy vehicle, Great in 4wd! Under 10 grand ish sound's better for the year!

Back to top Go down

1999 nissan navara Empty navara

Post  starry Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:30 pm

been lookin at a few but most have 300,000 plus and some have been owned by cowboys and rough cond an they are asking between 10k to 13 k for 98 . 99 . 2000 models as said this one has only 220k one owner all service history plus arb canopy , bullbar etc that are not cheap extra,s to put on if I buy a cheaper one , but no hurry i,ll keep looking but not many here in Tas most on the big island and have to add cost to get there and drive back and cost of spirit might as well 1,500 to 2,000 on top of a cheap one cheers Mick
starry
starry
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Mick, price sounds to steep for me. We have 06 navara 3L turbo, good vehicle.
Price would have to be very negotiable for me to be interested if I was lookn.
travelergold

Back to top Go down

Post  starry Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:00 pm

I know it sounds steep I also think that but everything is negotiable , just waiting on house settlement in Sydney then we will do some talking to the people with cash and see how low they will go , also seen a 98 for sale in Qld , don,t mind the drive home but that one is 11,990 , just have to wait and see , thanks for your input mate , luv a later one like the son,s o5 with big lift , 32 tyres etc but can,t blow the money on a car hey , have the handbrake on me case cause I want to keep the bundy too for up the bush cheers Mick
starry
starry
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Whatever you do, i think that series had trouble with the oil rings on the cyclinders.
Some were rebuilt under warranty when they blew up at around 60-80k. by memory it was the QD30 engine around 1999, 2000. Great motor just dodgy oil rings to start out.

Do your homework on that issue so you don't get any nasty surprises. I don't think nissan did a recall on the issue. There was a few unhappy chappies who only had the problem after warranty ran out....

I love the nissans though.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

1999 nissan navara Empty maybe sierra

Post  starry Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:35 am

having look at one this week 1992 never been offroad all stock standard 62k on clock serviced every 5k , be good round town bus as I will keep the bundy to go away , its only been owned by an old couple and now they have passed on their son has kept for last 4 years in shed but has now decided to sell for $5500 which when you look at it its like blast from the past in showroom condition cheers Mick
starry
starry
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Back to top Go down