Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not beach but good finds

Go down

Not beach but good finds Empty Not beach but good finds

Post  Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:10 pm

This bloke sure had a good profitable day in the ck..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JDC3SUK3axM

Pete in WA Cool

Back to top Go down

Not beach but good finds Empty Re: Not beach but good finds

Post  Ash100456 Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:54 pm

Very inspiring Pete, My best tally with my Soveriegn GT to date was around 700 coins over the winter months from the local beach, Best daily tally was 77, 33 of them were 5c pieces, Came to $329 in todays spendables, around 100 pennies & half pennies, 8 Florins , 4 Shillings , many 3 pences & sixpences & 1 x 1858 Holloways Pills & Ointment Token. Love finding Florins as they usually clean up real good.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:45 pm

Gday Ashley

Hows it goin in pt lincoln mate, hope all is well.

That was a good days coin hunt for you, well done.
Do you hit the beaches after the TunaRama is over, strait after schoolies week
is also good at waterfront beaches.

I went for my 1st coin hunt couple weeks ago and only got bout 20 modern coins,
mainly 5/10/20/50c coins and a few $1.00 coins, but i was blessed by poseiden the
Water god because i actually got a 18ct gold wedding ring at the end of the hunt,
Now im well and truly hooked on beach hunting too..

I used the GPX5000 with a 14" round coiltek anti interference coil cause thats the only tecta
i have at the moment but im looking at getting a cheap ace 250 or a tesoro cibola or the like.

Pete in WA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:05 pm

Very inspiring video. As a coin collector that would be interesting trip.
I only look for shells on Port Lincoln beaches but next visit i might take my detector with me. Also should check my father in law shed.I think i find plenty bronze, silver and gold coins. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:31 am

G'day Pete, Yes all good here, Just got home from 5 weeks in Europe. Would love to have had a detector with us as i think the oldest place for known human activity we visited was Olympia 779BC & Pompei, ( The artifacts & coins unearthed was fascinating ) How much stuff would have been lost by all who have come & gone since.
Congrats on the 18ct Ring, What a way to fire you up to Beach Detecting . Great Buzz just like finding a good nugget i would reckon. I Am yet to find a ring of good quality, Have found other nice jewellery though. Yes i have flicked around a bit after Tunarama, Mobile phones & coins are pretty much it.
Yes! Golden, Take a detector on your Aussie trips as there are many interesting spots to give it a flick, You just never know what coin yuo might find.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down