Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Before you Close your Account

+9
kon61
Jigalong
MS
AraratGold
Ash100456
Narrawa
Bullet
piston broke
twobit
13 posters

Go down

Before you Close your Account Empty Before you Close your Account

Post  Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:20 pm

close my account please
Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Before you Close your Account Empty Re: Before you Close your Account

Post  twobit Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:25 pm

everything ok mate?

twobit
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Back to top Go down

Before you Close your Account Empty re:close my account

Post  Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:28 pm

dont know who the moderator is but he should go get a life.
posted a new subject --deleted--
I'm over it.
still waiting for the email to shut down.
Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:33 pm

oneday69 did they say why? it sounds a bit funny for the to just get rid off a topic without saying why... i hope things work out and you stay...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Mate, just hold off for a while before doing that. Feel free to PM me or others to discuss the issue. I really enjoy your contributions. cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Bullet Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:13 pm

I gotta agree, hang in. It's not the first time a topic has been deleted, especially when people are having fun. Maybe it was the post title, I know there are some words the management don't tolerate.
Anyway why leave, I've only been here a short time myself and I've been chatted already because of a word.
cheers
bullet
Bullet
Bullet
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  twobit Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:20 pm

well actually now you mention it I posted something but it didnt register or was deleted. Ya dont go mate it may be your DNS brain farted or ISP flipped out. Could be that or could be a moderator but stay with us its best forum there is, good guys great posts.

Cheers
Twobit

twobit
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:56 pm

On the odd occasion when you take to long to put up your post, the server will ask you to log in, if you get this log in screen your post is history.
Iv found this was a big problem a while back, but no so much of a problem now, unless your like me who gets side tracked by life when trying to post and take a month to post it up. This is when the log in screen appears and its to late. scratch
The best thing to do is before pushing the preview or post button, is to right click on your post and select all, it turns blue, right click again and click copy. Now preview or post...if your presented with the log in screen your session timed out, this is when you kiss your post good by. Very Happy
Just log in and right click the empty box and paste.....ahhhhh!!

Should you want to close your account for other reasons, press 1.....if your just having a bad day, press 2......if another member ruffled your feathers, press 3.....if your not sure, and would like to listen to the options again, press 4. Laughing
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:00 pm

oneday69 wrote:dont know who the moderator is but he should go get a life.
posted a new subject --deleted--
I'm over it.
still waiting for the email to shut down.
Regards
Oneday69
You can always close your own account.
Don't always blame Admin, sometimes posts go into cyber-space never to return.
Post your message again, if it is deleted twice you must have said the WRONG thing,hey.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Gday

oneday69, I have sent you a pm.

GENERAL INFORMATION: Sometimes messages do dissapear for various reasons, it happens to everyone and to admin members as well, but just for the record any deletions are discussed by admin, sometimes after it has been done, particularly in the case of bad language or other offensive material that has to be deleted quickly, as we have to remember that we have both male and female members on this forum, when this has been done the moderator responsible will open a topic in the admin area explaining the reasons why it had to be done, so everyone else is aware of it as well, and the offending member will be contacted by pm to let them know what the issue was and what changes have been made.

If its not so clear about the subject, the matter will be discussed by admin and a decision made whether to let it be or whether changes need to be made, these decisions are made for the benefit of the whole community and are not based on anything personal.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Oneday
What was the post name and which section
Cheers Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:13 pm

Yeah, Hang in there. Great Forum & a Great bunch of Guys & Gals
Narrawa, Thanks for the post as what you hit on happened to me, a couple of times in fact as i am a 2 finger typer and a bit of a story can take a while to type, Thanks, Now i know how to get around that problem.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  AraratGold Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:26 pm

Guys,

I have a very easy solution to your slow typing problems. First type up your post as a word document using your computers word program. If you are taking a long time to do it, be sure to save it regularly.
Then use the inbuilt spell checker to correct spelling mistakes, and when you are happy with the wording, just copy and paste the document into the reply part of this forum. Voila, no more lost posts ! Very Happy

Hope that helps,
Cheers,
Rick
AraratGold
AraratGold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:35 pm

See, Thats what i am talking about. Great Bunch of Guys & Gals ready to offer help anytime. Thank Araratgold for another solution to the slow typist / story gone syndrome !
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  MS Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:34 pm

Hang in there Oneday69, we have all lost a post or two, I even got a bit of a verbal from Admin myself for a reply post of mine which I thought was a bit odd and unfair but that was water off the ducks back in comparison to the verbal thrashing I have to endure with the misses to get those last few extra trips in for the detecting season Very Happy
Cheers Mark
MS
MS
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 791
Registration date : 2009-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:48 pm

Yes, the blue pencil of the censor can be heart breaking. Take my case for instance - I posted a wonderful picture of Albert E. Newman from Mad Magazine and some pink earphones, as a possible choice for our new logo.

I was crushed to see that my thoughtful post had been deleted.

dat pella Jigalong.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:09 am

G'day Oneday69.

Apart from the Items Wanted or for Sale section,which clearly state the rules and time of goods allowed up for sale before posts being deleted,we as part of Admin,do not delete any post without just reason,warning or notification to Member(via a pm) as to why his or her post has been deleted.We give reason to members even if we were to modify a single inappropriate word or sentence of someones post,not alone a whole topic. It took me a while when I first joined up to figure out why the hell some of my lengthy posts would dissapeer during typing until I questioned the Forum and was told by members not to forget to tick the "Log on automatically box" before you enter "Log In" The rare odd post still goes astray at times, but I do state rarely. Bare with us on this one m8 and we'll work on trying to solve the problem.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:49 am

oneday69 wrote:close my account please
Regards
Oneday69

If you're serious then you can sign in, click the "profie" button and on the information page that comes up at the bottom you can delete your own account.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  byronbinalong Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:47 am

dont go dude Sad ... I have posted some things on here that must have been worded wrong or wrong topic name etc and they havent been posted and I have been asked to reword my post due to my bad listings etc ... affraid so dont take offence with them, they do a wonnerful job and I dont envy the task Shocked

OR .... when you went to post the topic - reply etc "space monkeys" took em, nuffin worse than those "space monkey" theiving lil rascals

cheers cheers cheers
byronbinalong
byronbinalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:59 am

"Apart from the Items Wanted or for Sale section,which clearly state the rules and time of goods allowed up for sale before posts being deleted,we as part of Admin,do not delete any post without just reason,warning or notification to Member(via a pm) as to why his or her post has been deleted.We give reason to members even if we were to modify a single inappropriate word or sentence of someones post,not alone a whole topic."

Kon61,
My logo post was deleted and I was not sent a message, so it is not an automatic thing by any means.
Jigalong
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:12 am

qld sandy
I tried all that befor I posted .
Never got the email.
Maybe u should try it to see if it works your end
thanks for your imput
Regards
Ray

Back to top Go down

Post  trianglemal Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:33 am

Yep ditto to what Qld Sandy says about doing the removal yourself ... or just don't ever look at the forum again and it will all go away but that is not the answer . And Oneday69...it sounds like your first reaction is to beat yourself or somebody else up over any criticisms here. Try not to give yourself any more grief over your lost post or being censored or whatever has happened. My advice would be to cool off and decide down the track whether you want to re-engage in the forum dialogue. Its OK and its whatever you decide. I just try enjoy this excellent forum space for what it is. Any stuff I dont like I dont read or engage in it and move on to something else. I've have had stuff lost or censored or removed from forums elsewhere without any explanation and it can pi$$ you off at the time. Its easy to take things too personal sometimes and that can be a real pain. The best medicine I find is to get out into the bush and swing the detector. It restores my balance when I get out of whack.

Whoever battles with monsters had better see that it does not turn him into a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
Friedrich Nietzsche

trianglemal
trianglemal
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2010-01-08

Back to top Go down

Before you Close your Account Empty re:close my account

Post  Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:04 am

Yeah I'll cop it sweet triangleman...go bush...
maybe meet a few of u at the planned june 2012 meet in the goldfields--should be a great week.
Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:22 am

Hi Oneday69,
Even i don't know you well i had a few conversation with you in chat section and i enjoy to listen and read experiences of other fellow detectors/prospectors including yourself.
This forum is in most cases only way to keep in touch with other members of the forum even if they are on other side of Australia or any other part of the world.
Sometimes we do talk about the gold sometimes there are other topics which help us unwind after the bad day.Sometimes we do talk rubbish but at least someone is there to listen to us and give us advises or their opinion about matter.All of this makes this forum great and bunch of guys and girls here make it unique for me.
That is the reason why i am part of it.
I hope you resolve issue with your post and looking forward to see you one day in detecting fields.
Take care. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Qld Sandy Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:16 am

oneday69 wrote:qld sandy
I tried all that befor I posted .
Never got the email.
Maybe u should try it to see if it works your end
thanks for your imput
Regards
Ray

Ray,
I haven't tried it but I do remember getting emails to say that "X" has deleted his account as a matter of course. I don't wish to try it myself just yet even though I have had posts removed (yes I checked to see if they showed up and they were gone some hours later) but my attitude is "who cares". Life's too short to give a rats. Cheers.
Qld Sandy
Qld Sandy
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 673
Registration date : 2008-10-18

https://www.goldcitydetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Greg Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:18 am

Good day All.
Surely youcannot be that sad over losing 1 post, I once typed for 1 hour & it dissapeared twice, then I learned not to preview my post & close off. Very Happy
Cheers Greg

Greg
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Before you Close your Account Empty re: close my account

Post  Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:47 am

yeah greg u and sandy r right..
as they say shite happens...get over it.
I'm still here.
Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:32 am

Before I post any long winded comment I copy and paste it to Word, just in case, as I have been stung before too. Trouble is, if you do have to retype a post your heart just aint in it the second time so you take short cuts... Good to see you are still with us. Before you Close your Account Beer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Panther wrote:Before I post any long winded comment I copy and paste it to Word, just in case, as I have been stung before too. Trouble is, if you do have to retype a post your heart just aint in it the second time so you take short cuts... Good to see you are still with us. Before you Close your Account Beer

As Rick said, do it the other way round. Do all the groundwork in "Word" or even in your email "post a reply" section. Then copy and paste it to the forum. Don't cut and paste it just in case

Robert

Back to top Go down