Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whites Goldmaster V/sat

2 posters

Go down

Whites Goldmaster V/sat Empty Whites Goldmaster V/sat

Post  shebabrock Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:20 pm

Hi there,when it comes to gold detecting im a total virgin.But over the last 6 months i have became more interested to the point where i want to give it a bash.Recently i have been given a whites goldmaster v/sat in perfect working order.Hence im asking to pick the brains of other forum members to give me any advice-on how to use correctly,how to set the settings ect,ect.And any other helpful tips/information that would/may help me,any advice would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

shebabrock
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Whites Goldmaster V/sat Empty gmt

Post  jackhunter Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:31 pm

i just got a few weeks back a whites gmt latest version of goldmaster.
its going out for a gold hunt on saturday, like you i a gold virgin no idea on how to find gold stuff. own a gmt and a sd2100 now. with a ace 350 to find coins
gmt you lower gain down and increase vsat in high mineral areas. will let you know more once i tried it on goldfields, but in merredin its working great on high gain and low vsat settings

jackhunter
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2011-05-20

http://www.fisheraustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Whites Goldmaster V/sat Empty Re: Whites Goldmaster V/sat

Post  shebabrock Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks for the reply jackhunter,i hope you do allright,and i would be interested to hear how you went,cheers.

shebabrock
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Whites Goldmaster V/sat Empty Re: Whites Goldmaster V/sat

Post  Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:37 pm

shebabrock wrote:Hi there,when it comes to gold detecting im a total virgin.But over the last 6 months i have became more interested to the point where i want to give it a bash.Recently i have been given a whites goldmaster v/sat in perfect working order.Hence im asking to pick the brains of other forum members to give me any advice-on how to use correctly,how to set the settings ect,ect.And any other helpful tips/information that would/may help me,any advice would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

I have been playing with an old GM V-Sat for the past few weeks . I had forgotten just how good these old detectors are at sniffing out the smallest bits of gold.
The V-Sat is only just able to handle our high iron mineral ground conditions and that a fast sat and low gain will give the best results in extreme ground at the sacrifice of depth and sensitivity, although you will have to find out for yourself what are the best settings for your particular ground. The Iron ID meter/tone is a tad useless in that it requires a pretty strong signal to be able to give the Iron ID tone and so only realy works on stuff that is close to the coil. but on the other hand the machine is unlikely to misidentify a bit of gold as iron.
It is easy to see why these detectors were called the gold vacume cleaners of our goldfields. The V Sat might be old but it can still find the small stuff and does a fair job on larger deeper gold where the ground is not to hot.

Back to top Go down