Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10" round nugget finder

Go down

10" round nugget finder Empty 10" round nugget finder

Post  Rwork Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:32 pm

I see a 10 inch round mono at tony's gold search. Is anyone using this version.Interested to know about the pinpointing and depth compared to my Std Mlb 8" mono.

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

10" round nugget finder Empty !0 inch round Nugget Finder

Post  Guest Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Hello Rwork

I had this coil for awhile and it worked well but bought a 12 inch NF round,so i sold it to my detecting buddy cheap Smile and he has done very well with it...loves it...and it slots nicely into his coil line up as he has an 8" / 10" and 14"..As it is an older model skid plates are harder to find,but he was in luck and did manage to score another skid plate for it as a spare.

Cheers Eureka Dreams

PS..and yes he has picked up a few more bits deeper than what his 8" Commander could reach.

Last edited by Eureka Dreams on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added PS..)

Back to top Go down

10" round nugget finder Empty Re: 10" round nugget finder

Post  Rwork Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:52 am

When you said it is an older model,did you mean yours or all of that size.I am interested to know how it goes on the usuall point 2's etc.I found 13 pieces recently and none over a gram.The pinpointing is brilliant on the little 6",i would hate to lose the sensitivity.

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

10" round nugget finder Empty 10 inch round Nugget Finder

Post  Guest Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:43 am

Nugget Finder do not make the 10 inch anymore...as i said it will go deeper than an 8 inch coil within reason and yes it is very sensitive on the small bits like 0.2`s...but a 6 inch or 8 inch will be a little more sensitive....So they are all close in a lot of ways,but then a little different too....As i said it works great for my mate who gets 0.1`s up and multi gram ones at depth too.

So if you already have a 6 inch and keep it then you`re not losing anything,but if you add a bigger coil into the mix you do gain a little more depth..but you knew that already Smile

I work with an 8 inch Commander mono for small and fresh air bits Smile and then my fabulous 12 inch Nugget Finder finds them below 0.1`s too plus bigger multi gram bits deeper.. so each coil does something a little different for me.

Hope this helps..
Cheers Bill

Back to top Go down