Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lasseter’s lost reef

4 posters

Go down

Lasseter’s lost reef  Empty Lasseter’s lost reef

Post  big chop Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:46 pm

i have heard of lesseters lost reef but know nothing of it is it a legend? or is it a reef that is used today does anyone know? Question
big chop
big chop
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lasseter’s lost reef  Empty Re: Lasseter’s lost reef

Post  kon61 Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:11 pm

G'day Big chop.

If anyone here could solve the answer to your question,Lasseters Reef would no longer be regarded as the lost legend.
I do believe there still searching for it.According to Lasseters diary,it supposedly went 7.5 ounces to the ton,ran for 3/4 of a mile long,discovered somewhere in WA on Aboriginal ground and worth millions.(so said Lasseter). Many syndicates have had a go in searching for it,including Dick Smith in a chopper but to no avail. Knowing these times and the sophisticated equipment big mining companies use in locating gold bearing ore bodies,I wouldn't be surprised if its already been discovered and mined without ever knowing it was first discovered by Lasseter.

Cheers kon61.

kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  the speciman Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:04 pm

GDAY KON 61
i know where it is but i"ve got to get a few mates to help me get it out !!!!!! i heard it was 7 klms long thats HHUUUGGGGEE
ye with satellite imagery these days you would of thought they would of found it by now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the speciman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2010-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:48 pm

G'day Speciman

Some say the so called lost reef was 16klm Long and worth approx 60 million pounds.One things for certain,the length of undiscovered reef has grown substantially over the years and somehow just keeps growing.

Cheers kon61.

kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:25 am

the speciman wrote: i know where it is

Very Happy Bugger you two .... Very Happy And here i was thinking i was the only one. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:58 pm

No James your not the only one who knows where it is. Considering the same gold reef line Lasseter discovered runs for thousands of kilometers,right into Castlemain Vic,I've already got a head start and Its only a matter of time before I backtrack it to the source.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbakerz Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:22 pm

I have a copy of Lasseter`s diary here. The maps (when visible) are vague. My father did alot of research on Lasseter and concluded it was a reef on the Duketon sheet that was officially discovered in the 1980`s by a small mining company although small shows already existed. It was about 1km of quartz reef (nothing near what Lasseter stated) with visible coarse gold. there is now a open pit mine there. 2 american blokes found a 4000 oz patch close to that location in the late 80`s. Ive seen pictures of the gold they got and at least half of it was massive quartz species (over 100oz) sitting on the surface. hope that helps

Last edited by sunbakerz on Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

sunbakerz
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbakerz Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Lasseter was an Irishman and it was common for them to reverse their maps. reversing one of his maps puts you in the Laverton area

sunbakerz
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:38 am

sunbakerz wrote:Lasseter was an Irishman and it was common for them to reverse their maps. reversing one of his maps puts you in the Laverton area

It also is still common for irishmen to reverse their drinking quota Razz

drunken "i swear your honour, ive only had minus 16 pints of beer" Hic drunken drunken Razz Razz Razz

Pete in the west Cool

P.S Gotta also add, they are also the most chearful and happy blokes on the diggings
or in the pub Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbakerz Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:25 am

that`s the attitude pete!! ...................loud and irrelevant.. Wink just kidding bud

sunbakerz
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:25 am

Hi james in todays herald sun there is a page on dick smith just got the secret map on lasseters map for $1500.00 good luck dick cheers .

Back to top Go down