Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is the gold?

5 posters

Go down

Where is the gold? Empty Where is the gold?

Post  Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:30 am

Is it just us?? or cant you find it either.I would like to know how many people detecting in Clermont are finding good gold.Please be honest as this is effecting a lot of us looking for the yellow stuff here especialy when we have to pay so much to find so little.
briggo

Back to top Go down

Where is the gold? Empty Re: Where is the gold?

Post  Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:59 am

briggo wrote:Is it just us?? or cant you find it either.I would like to know how many people detecting in Clermont are finding good gold.Please be honest as this is effecting a lot of us looking for the yellow stuff here especialy when we have to pay so much to find so little.
briggo

Hi mate I just came back from there had to cut trip short for personal reasons, the word around the caravan park was not much gold was being won by many. I reckon there is still plenty of gold to be detected there but at the moment the grass is far to long and thick making it hard to get the coils to the ground, dont give up and keep a positive mind mate as the next gullie may have what you are chasing all the best. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  reg Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:43 am

briggo wrote:Is it just us?? or cant you find it either.I would like to know how many people detecting in Clermont are finding good gold.Please be honest as this is effecting a lot of us looking for the yellow stuff here especialy when we have to pay so much to find so little.
briggo

gday briggo

i just spent a fortnight out there,no gold for me but now im home and going through everything in my mind and i am thinking it was my own fault i found nothing except rubbish and charcoal and plenty of ground noise which i managed to tame to a certain extent by listerning to some good advise from other detectorist around the tree of knowledge.anyway back to the story i think my choice of coils was wrong for the area i worked i should have used a smaller coil and looked for crumbs instead of the 17in mini ufo elep and the 15in coldstalker elep.but i know where the area is so i shall try again next time i am out there. i am useing a 4000 what are you using.

cheers...reg

reg
reg
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Tributer Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:36 pm

Hi Briggo I have never been to Clermont but know many who have returned from there with very little. I know some who did well and from what i can gather they did alot of research, walked far from the nearest tracks, drove to spots that were far from the van parks, spent many hours swinging and covering ground, came across a heap of old dig holes in a spot that indicated gold or where put onto spots by others. Some probably detected in closed areas.

Hang in there i am sure a run will show itself soon.
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Stop hoping for someone to give you the rights on the gravy trail! It's not going to happen? Your in good country for finding gold. I wish I was back there.
Find the tallest hill which you look at while your prospecting your said gold field, and go to the opposite side. Plenty of tracks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:33 am

http://www.finders.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6159

I see you are asking the same question on this forum, mate you are in gold country Clermont there would be 1000s of acres to detect around there and still plenty of gold to be won, you need to do exploration search search and more searching, get out and swing the coil, blokes on here cant help you find it you need to get out there and metal detect and find it yourself. I see a few adds here and there of second hand Minelabs for sale and the add some times says worth its weight in gold and I think blokes buy the machine and go out in the backyard switch it on swing away no gold nugget under the clothes line and give up lol! Like I said at the end of the day its your own exploration and your own knowledge obtained from maps books internet and so on which will help you find gold. study study

cheers

PS If you live at Clermont wouldnt you be out chasing private land owners for access of there land, be nice introduce yourself strike up a conversation and remember always shake there hand.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:53 am

I see your not taking anyones advice on here and your still asking for a free hand on Finders http://www.finders.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6159&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= so why post up on here wanting help. Rolling Eyes

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Where is the gold? Empty dont reply

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:06 pm

Quiet Bloke wrote:I see your not taking anyones advice on here and your still asking for a free hand on Finders http://www.finders.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6159&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= so why post up on here wanting help. Rolling Eyes

cheers
Hey mate if you dont have anything positive to say to me piss off i am sick of guys like you with the **** you jack im alright attitude so do like your nick name, be quiet bloke.
briggo

Last edited by kon61 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Foul Language.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:13 pm

briggo wrote:
Quiet Bloke wrote:I see your not taking anyones advice on here and your still asking for a free hand on Finders http://www.finders.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6159&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight= so why post up on here wanting help. Rolling Eyes

cheers
Hey mate if you dont have anything positive to say to me piss off i am sick of guys like you with the f--k you jack im alright attitude so do like your nick name, be quiet bloke.
briggo

Geeeeeeeeeeeeez thats a bit aggressive bloke seems to me you are trying to get a free hand at where the gold is, and if we all new that on here we would be millionaires. I think you need to step back act your age and go and find it yourself. As I have said before you need to do your own research maps, books, internet and so on if you cant do that and as well as living in Clermont which is known gold nugget country you need to get out of the game bloke maybe try knitting much less stressfull.

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Where is the gold? Empty Where is the gold

Post  bundy06 Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:04 pm

Gidday Briggo
I think that the people that reply to you don't have the attitude you are trying to lump them with. they have spent many hours,weeks and in some quite a few years in there chosen hobby and are still learning and honing their skills.they like myself give to others in this forum their knowledge it has cost them in time and moneyto gather without malice. So in my humble opinion you should apologise for your outburst as we certainly do not need the likes of you disrupting a perfectly good forum with your rantings which have no substance what so ever and you have a very nice evening
Regards Dave Mad Mad scratch scratch
bundy06
bundy06
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:14 pm

G'day Gents.

Briggo,To find good gold anywhere these days takes a lot of research,ground time and unfortunately "money".Its hard enough lobbing on to a patch not alone a good one with payable quantity.A lot of perseverance & patience is required.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:12 pm

Briggo at least you can tell us where it ISN'T lol!

Back to top Go down

Where is the gold? Empty clermont

Post  Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:49 am

clermont

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldbait Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:47 pm

briggo, you should be thanking people on this forum, not attacking them.. they have told you a lot of good information, but it sounds to me your are fishing for the answer that is what you want to hear.

people have told u where it is... the ground... you need to swing away and go walking for new unexplored ground. people have told u this several times in this thread.

if you want an exact spot where someone found gold. quite bluntly. your not going to get it. why would people give out a spot that has paid them gold for someone else to go and clean up their patch. it's not going to happen.

you've had a go on this thread of members only trying to help you. get off the computer and head out to the gold fields yourself. gold won't come to you.
Goldbait
Goldbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2010-08-31

Back to top Go down