Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iron stone

Go down

Iron stone Empty Iron stone

Post  maka Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:46 pm

Hi guys went for my first bushwalk today to what may have been a good spot if i had any idea what to do, Lmao..
My problem was lumps of what i guess is iron stone. I tried to ground out near them . on them etc to hopefully cut them out, but no matter what i did i just couldnt get the detector to stop screaming every 2 steps.
The ground is littered with these things, I have read iron stone and quartz especially mixed is a good place to start looking for gold.Some of th equartz you sware has gold in it, It goes off, but on closer inspection or after smashing it, its just stained with iron stone...
This is frustrating especially when working down hill from an old mine...
I cant pan or sluice up there its about half a kilometer from the water and thru thick scrub which is very steep.
the creek banks show good signs, you can easily read the layers, but when u get close to bedrock you hit the iron stone again.

maybe i need a different detector to be able to block it out.
Any info appreciated for a noob. P.S i dont expect to find gold around Brisbane but its all good fun ...
maka
maka
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 626
Registration date : 2011-06-28

Back to top Go down

Iron stone Empty Re: Iron stone

Post  Guest Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi maka and welcome to forum.
Please post what detector and what coils you are using so other more experienced fellow members could suggest you some settings etc.

Back to top Go down