Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling your detector? THIS MAY HELP YOU!

2 posters

Go down

Selling your detector? THIS MAY HELP YOU! Empty Selling your detector? THIS MAY HELP YOU!

Post  adaduam Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:51 pm

It may be of interest to some people to know that I had a lot of enquiries regarding the sale of my GPX4500.
Some, of course, were just on a fishing expedition. Others were still trying to raise the money to buy a detector.
However, there are a lot of potential buyers out there who sounded serious enough.
An interesting point, I thought, was that all potential buyers said they were more attracted to the unit because it had recently been checked over by Minelab. This gave them the assurance that the 4500 was in excellent working condition.
This check over/tune up was done at a total cost of around $100.00 which included the postage/freight both ways from W.A. to South Australia. . . (M/L's charge was $30.00! The rest was for Postage & Packing.)
The benefit to us all from these forums is overwhelming. To the moderators and anyone else who does all the work! A big Thank You! (You have all done very Well!)

Alan u

Last edited by adaduam on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thank You)

adaduam
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Selling your detector? THIS MAY HELP YOU! Empty Re tune up of 4500 at Minelab.

Post  Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:43 pm

Thanks Alan in advance,but regarding having your 4500 inspected...tuned...recalibrated? Did they return a checklist and did it need a touch up...was it out and or improved on..

I know you did this because you were selling it for buyer confidence...just curious

Cheers Bill

Back to top Go down

Selling your detector? THIS MAY HELP YOU! Empty Re: Selling your detector? THIS MAY HELP YOU!

Post  adaduam Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:17 pm

Hi Bill,
No I did not receive a check list as such. BUT, The technician did phone me and asked if there was anything in particular that I was querying apart from the instructions that I put in my covering letter to them asking that they service/check/re-calibrate anything that was possible to check etc.
At that point in time he already had it connected up to whatever they connect these things up to, and had run a full diagnostic check and found absolutely nothing wrong with the unit at all.
The technician said that he had reset all the defaults and checked them.
The unit really did sound quieter when it was returned and I took it out to the exact same spot to test. (No, I don't think my hearing deteriorated THAT much in the week it was away) Laughing
As I am in a "strange area" (for me) I thought that it would help the sale if I could give this type of reliable reference. Plus, I think we all tend to be rather cautious when dealing on the internet these days. I have arranged to drop the detector off at one of the buyer's relations as I pass through a nearby town in W.A. next week.(The Buyer is in Qld.)
Now this brings up what could be a problem for anyone selling something "sight unseen". As we have forum members all over this big country; Do you think it would be possible/practical to organise some way that the forum could help protect BUYERS from unscrupulous sellers. In my case the Buyer has taken my word that the unit does exist etc. (YES I DO OWN IT!) But this isn't always the case. We really need to come up with some way of verifying the article before the buyer parts with his/her money. Though that may be a lot of work. Any ideas out there?
Cheers alan u

adaduam
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Selling your detector? THIS MAY HELP YOU! Empty Re: Selling your detector? THIS MAY HELP YOU!

Post  Minermike Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:39 pm

Well , you could scan your receipt , and send it to them.
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down