Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some E bay items that might interest

4 posters

Go down

Some E bay items that might interest Empty Some E bay items that might interest

Post  Justdigging Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:05 pm

Found 2 items that people might need and a saving from the shops .
One a Garrent pin pointer A$137 to your door protected my pay pal
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200520131127&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
second Minelab 5 pin cable free postage
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120728952212&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Not connected in any way have ordered a pin pointer and won a cable auction at $35 , just thought I pass it on pin pointer saving $38 and cable $30.

Cheers Dave
Justdigging
Justdigging
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

Some E bay items that might interest Empty Re: Some E bay items that might interest

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Thanks Dave, I bought one of those Garrett pin pointers from the buyer you have listed there and it should arrive in the next few days hopefully.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Some E bay items that might interest Empty Re: Some E bay items that might interest

Post  Justdigging Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:51 pm

Have just notice Aust seller has dropped his price to buy now $150 and free postage on Ebay
Justdigging
Justdigging
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Some E bay items that might interest Empty Garrett Pin Pointer

Post  Imadogman Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Just as a matter of interest, what's the main advantages with these pin pointers? I've seen them advertised, but not sure what they add to the detection process.
Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Imadogman, The main reason that I have bought one of these is for my coin/relic machine, purpose is so that once I have a target I can then pinpoint more accurately as to where the target is, therefore less digging or can pop the target out with a screwdriver so no dig has to be done, especially on manicured lawns.

The other purpose that it comes into play is if detecting with a large coil and having to dig very large holes, with a pinpointer you can pop it into the hole where the coil wont fit and find the target, this saves a lot of digging and time, I have dug down past targets leaving them in the side of the hole above the depth you have dug.

Some people use them for once a target is out of the hole in your spoil pile, running the pinpointer through the spoils can quickly recover a target also.

You can read some more about them here.... https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t1691-garrett-pinpointer-are-they-any-good?
Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Imadogman Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks Goldstalker. Had a look at the other posts you referred me to. They were an interesting read. I can see how they might assist locating target in scrapings. Only thing that puzzled me was, and the other posts never really answered this, why some people find that the Pinpointer causes problems with the 4500. And what might be used to prevent that.
Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 376

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:47 pm

Imadogman, My garrett turned up last week and I took it out prospecting with me last weekend, even with the pinpointer turned off it caused terrible interferrence with the detector.

I am not clued up with electronics much but I am told that a diode (I think) can be fitted to them to stop this from happening, someone else may be able to shed some more light on your question hopefully.

Cheers
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Justdigging Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:56 am

Hi Goldstalker, have read a bit about it interfering with the detector , and mine is due any day now , but what I can see is that the battery is under a screw cap at one end. I was looking at fitting a small switch that will cut off the battery as have read that this will stop the interference. But will search a bit for the diode solution.
Justdigging
Justdigging
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Justdigging Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:27 am

Hi found this thread , the mechanic has found a solution to the problem , very talented man and generous to share his knowledge , found it in the 5000 chapters.
Cheers Dave
https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/t3465-garrett-pro-pointer-pinpointer-can-make-your-gpx5000-unstable-even-when-switched-off#30732
Justdigging
Justdigging
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:25 pm

GoldstalkerGPX wrote:
Imadogman, My garrett turned up last week and I took it out prospecting with me last weekend, even with the pinpointer turned off it caused terrible interferrence with the detector.

I am not clued up with electronics much but I am told that a diode (I think) can be fitted to them to stop this from happening, someone else may be able to shed some more light on your question hopefully.

Cheers

Hi GoldstalkerGPX, I am sorry that you are having problem with your pinpointer, I tried to explain to you that it would cause interference, I had seen it done during my training day out at Talbot with Minelab, the metaldetector was a brand new GPX 5000 and was very noisy even with the pinpointer turned off.
Cheers
Goldquest

goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down