Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Heritage Listing. - Vic Goldfields

+18
ballaratgold
Rwork
byronbinalong
Hotrocks
Acan
MacRob
skysite
adaduam
panhead
kiloz
swaggy53
Goldbait
Tributer
gollstar
CostasDee
GoldstalkerGPX
Chuckles
Mechanic
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

National Heritage Listing. - Vic Goldfields - Page 3 Empty Re: National Heritage Listing. - Vic Goldfields

Post  Guest Tue May 24, 2011 5:48 pm

skysite wrote:Adaduam
That's what the big star on the Australian flag means all states as one......not to mention the song...we are one but we are many.....this is what makes us Australian....
Oh except for Qld tomorrow night when NSW kicks there ass in the state of origin...... cheers Very Happy Very Happy Laughing

GO THE BLUES

The fact is that Australia is a loose federation of states !! and each state is always looking to do the other feller before its done to them! Shocked

Back to top Go down

National Heritage Listing. - Vic Goldfields - Page 3 Empty Re: National Heritage Listing. - Vic Goldfields

Post  Guest Tue May 24, 2011 10:07 pm

We need outside help on this guys, and not from the self centered tourism approach which at the end of the day are only out to line their pockets, bringing in hoards of people from all walks of life! **** we already have that? There has to be away to wipe out these policy's for good, also giving back the high country to our glaziers, which reduces forest fires 10 fold.
Who the hell do think they are! Mad Mad Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Tue May 24, 2011 10:35 pm

I had to google alpine cattle grazing and came up with an amusing piece against the grazing and have to laugh when i read words like "intensive work" "thorough investigation" what an absoulte crock of crap these peole have no idea about how land scape changes over time, its a joke and you could almost laugh if they were not targeting every one who uses the bush.

So what 400 cows are spread out on a trail basis and eat some grass big deal, i would bet money that there are more sambar dear in that national park that go unchecked,

Also the cows might eat some grass and leave some hoof marks etc ffs well i went for a drive around Marysville the town that was blown away on black saterday and as far as the eye could see there is still dead trees the forest is just completly dead no life no greenery nothing 200 foot high trees dead ive never seen anything like it and was very spooky just every hill was gone ill upload some picks i didnt take many but was very bad and idiots are worried about the cows knocking over some grass.

Aline cattle grazing dh's

http://vnpa.org.au/page/nature-conservation/parks-protection/alpine-cattle-grazing-%E2%80%93-it%E2%80%99s-a-park,-not-a-paddock
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 24, 2011 10:43 pm

Woops, I didn't mean to say Glaziers, I meant the cow chewing type of thing? This post had nothing to do with glass, well not that I'm aware of anyway! Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  swaggy53 Wed May 25, 2011 6:40 am

The truth of the matter is that they have already made the decision to do this. What they are looking at now is a way to implement that decision. What we need to do is decide if it is going to have an adverse effect on our hobby and freedom to be in the bush. If this is the case then we need to decide how we stop them from implementing their decision keeping in mind they will do all the studies it takes to back their decision. Certain pipe lines and de sal plants come to mind.If you dont like one study get another one eventually you get the result your looking for.
I guess the question now is ...has the horse already bolted??
Cheers...Swaggy.
Question Question Question Question Question Question
swaggy53
swaggy53
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  byronbinalong Wed May 25, 2011 9:48 am

I guess the question now is ...has the horse already bolted??
Cheers...Swaggy.
Question Question Question Question Question Question [/quote]

Well then .... better shut the bluddy gate, if the horse has bolted No No No
byronbinalong
byronbinalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 595
Registration date : 2010-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 11:44 am

What you blokes need to do is get a petition going, and get prospectors from all over Victoria to sign, get prospecting businesses involved they could have the petitions on the counter for customers to sign, councils and governments will not listen to the bloke who stands alone but they will listen to prospectors united.
The petition will show you are concerned for your future to camp and prospect in the areas the government is going to create as National Heritage if this is going to happen and its just not a story the paper put out there, you need to act as soon as possible or you will end up like QLD and I get the feeling you dont want that to happen. I will sign anything you put forward.

Cheers Brian.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:23 pm

Look at the South Australian example of the takeover and "Management" of their formerly Crown Lands for all to enjoy free of charge, to the now manned and unmanned gates to all the parks on Yorke & Eyre Peninsula's with payment of Fees now required, dont take your dog for a complete family day because Fido is not allowed....you will be out at sundown in most, and they suck you in initially by allowing 'camping sites' similar to Lower Eyre Peninsula's Parks and then progressively remove them because 'people are using them' and the only real access is then by boat by the priviledged...why must they now introduce all these restrictions as well?..especially as firearms are already now strictly controlled, as are fires in open places, as is the removal of firewood or tampering with native breeding grounds like the unique Tse TsE Fly or blind mullet or whatever....ITS ALL ABOUT REVENUE AND THE FUNNY THING IS FAMILY'S STOP GOING BECAUSE THEY CANNOT AFFORD TO VISIT THEIR PARKS ANY LONGER, THE SAME GENERATIONAL FAMILY'S THAT HAD BEEN VISITING THESE AREAS AND SUPPORTING LOCAL TOWNS FOR YEARS.....so the idiots then try and appeal to the overseas paying tourists....and in all this the Average Australian is the loser either way.....Greenies in bed with Governments who need their support, are never a good mixture or result for the real users of these areas.... a few jobs are created for the Rangers to enforce all their new Laws....and the average Australian must consider other options for free family camping pursuits......National Heritage Listing...my arse...its all about money as usual..Hoo Roo....

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Wed May 25, 2011 5:48 pm

Here, here, absolutely 100% right larry303. Slowly they introduce them and the public think what a wonderful bunch of blokes they are to think of mother nature, not realising their secret agendas, and then 10-15 years down the track you're sitting in your paid entry, fenced off camp area, when all of a sudden it hits you and you look back and wonder how great the "good old days" were and where did they go???

For heaven's sake, why can't they just leave it alone? Why do most things the politicians touch turn to s**t?
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 7:02 pm

These are not my words but from another forum of a concerned prospector.

I see on the other forums there is much discussion and worry on this push for a new” National Heritage Region” takeover of all the Central Victorian Goldfields.

After reading recent reports in our local paper here in Maryborough (The District Advertiser), our local Mayor Cr. Chris Meddows - Taylor is really setting things in motion.

His Public statement I now quote: “Becoming Australia’s first heritage region would be the best thing to happen to the goldfields since gold was first struck.” Cr. Meddows – Taylor believes.

There has already been a meeting with 4 State Government Agencies and most of the areas 11 Municipalities, who have partnered up on the project were represented.
It states that they have received a $90,000 State and Federal Government Grant, to be used for engaging consultants to complete a scoping study of this proposal.

Quote “They need to identify what gaps need to be closed.”

Does that mean keeping the public out of these areas? The now public land that belongs to every Australian, this very same land the community presently all enjoy carrying out their chosen recreational activities in.

By September, the study is expected to be ready for the partners to make a strong business case to win the millions of dollars in federal “Regional Development Australia Fund” support; this is needed for the vision to become reality.

It‘s the same old angle again that they are pushing, we have all seen it before, remember the drama of the Box/Ironbark Parks disaster.

Remember how this was going to bring in thousands of Australian and Overseas tourists to Central Victoria, so they could see the magnificent old gold diggings, and the beautiful grandeur of our awe inspiring local forests.
This in turn will bring in millions of tourist dollars to the major towns in these goldfields. Plus they stated how it was going to create lots of new jobs in these areas, etc. etc.

Well it didn’t happen then, and it won’t this time. I also recall the fudged yearly tourist figures they said had visited our own Paddy’s Ranges State Park at that time.

Once again it is the biggest load of cr-p these green dreamers are trying to inflict on thousands of bush loving people, the real conservationists that actually go out in these areas for many reasons to enjoy their pastimes.

We unlike them don’t sit in City offices and suburbs, or down in Lygon or Nicholson Street sidewalk cafes, drinking their short black or latte coffee’s, dreaming and scheming how they can influence the Government to lock up all our public bushland.

Our Greedy Shires are willing to sell us all out for easy Government dollars, and really these Government handouts are only to appease the fanatical greens and the few independents in power in Canberra.

If the larger landholders think this will not affect them, think again. If there are any old gold workings on their land this too will be a protected area forever more as well.

On TV the other night there was footage of an old mine shaft with the usual tailings dumps nearby, it was then said these sorts of areas would be fenced off for safety, with a viewing platform built on the outer for the tourists to look in wonder at this great heritage scene.

I can just see the thousands of Asian tourists queuing up to witness this spectacle, their pockets bulging with cash to burn. Townships rolling in money with no unemployment any more.

“They’re all bloody dreaming.”

Once Legislation is passed on this there is no going back, access will be at the Land Manager’s discretion.

One stroke of a pen will mean everybody out!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 7:18 pm

I totally agree with the above post thats why I put it up, what he says is exactly how its all going to happen.

Brian

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 9:19 pm

The above post was taken from australian electronic gold prospecting forum and I copied the post and put it up here as I believe the member who put this up is completely right and I believe the members here would be very interested to read what he has to say. If what I have done has upset you in anyway Doug I appoligise, but as I see it we all have our differences and a few of us dont get on but deep down we are all prospectors and voice the same opion when its going to affect us all.
Once again I appoligise cheers Brian Jones.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Wed May 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Rwork Thu May 26, 2011 9:05 am

I passed the link to this post on to Rita Bentley head of the PMAV(Prospectors and miners association Victoria.Her reply/

Thanks , good to see such sensible discussion. It is highly unlikely the bid for listing would be successful. I have written assurance from David Bannear that prospectors won't be affected if it is. If this issue finds stronger legs I will be seeking similar assurances from higher up. Miners wouldn't fare as well of course! Quote me if you wish, Rita (in Atlanta waiting for flight to Las Vegas)

Rwork

Rwork
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2011-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Thu May 26, 2011 9:22 am

so guys we all agree with each other lets talk about how we are going to fix the problem......where do we start...and whos going to start it...???????????
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Thu May 26, 2011 12:07 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 26, 2011 12:22 pm

Rwork wrote:...Rita Bentley head of the PMAV...
...It is highly unlikely the bid for listing would be successful. I have written assurance from David Bannear that prospectors won't be affected if it is....
So the head of the PMAV is telling us she has written assurances from David Bannear, who was directly involved with the special category listing of National Heritage area for Mount Alexander diggings years back, which still allows prospecting in the Castlemaine/Maldon/Fryerstown areas. Doesn't that say something?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Post  ballaratgold Thu May 26, 2011 2:09 pm

got to agree with fencejumper theres no way there going to bring it in and not make more rules
pollies will promise you anything to keep the heat off them before this gets implemented
got a mate who is a mayor on one of these councils will be catching up with him soon so ill hopefully find out more I know his take on the bush hes not into locking it
anyone who thinks things wont change think again if they were to let prospecting continue what about all bush users 4wd clubs etc
one other thing there pushing for the triangle to be on the world heritage listing
now that will be out of all our hands because they make all the rules
john

the more we let them take the more they want H.F.U WAKE UP AUSTRALIA
ballaratgold
ballaratgold
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 26, 2011 2:26 pm

fencejumper wrote: it's says that we will be able to detect...but were does it say we will be able to camp in the bush still?
we do not want the same crappy rules that you have in castlemaine...
I am entirely embarrassed and owe an apology to all. Embarassed I have just rung Parks Victoria to find out the designated camping areas within the Mount Alexander goldfields area, and have been told there is "dispersed camping allowed" in the entire area, meaning you can camp anywhere in the bush here. Sorry for the bum steer, I was wrong. I declined the lady's offer to wait while she got their long list of designated camping areas for people who prefer tables, bbqs and cleared areas rather than camping in the bush. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Last edited by fencejumper on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)

Back to top Go down

Post  glenno Sun May 29, 2011 1:23 am

Yeah sure

And were not going to get Green house tax Mining Tax or Get Stuffed Tax G.S.T. nether. Get of the boat you watch you just bloody watch.

http://bob-brown.greensmps.org.au//thank-you-for-contacting-us?sid=34524 <--- get ridd of this NITT for a start go back to pommy land. ( * )

P.S. im laughing at the moment from certen local shire members up on theft charges its a RUNNAWAY TRAIN Sad

Last edited by davsgold on Sun May 29, 2011 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : remove unwanted description)
glenno
glenno
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

National Heritage Listing. - Vic Goldfields - Page 3 Empty A mayor's reply

Post  Guest Mon May 30, 2011 7:12 am

I emailed the mayor of the Goldfields Shire last week. here's his reply and my email:

Attention The Mayor.

Chris Meddows-Taylor,

“A MULTI-MILLION dollar project to have the Victorian goldfields area declared the first National Heritage Region has the potential to generate hundreds of jobs and boost economies in struggling towns, it has been claimed.
Central Goldfields Shire mayor Chris Meddows-Taylor said if successful, the push by 11 municipalities in the Victorian goldfields to become the National Goldfields Region could even extend to World Heritage listing.”

As a resident of the Shire and an avid detectorist I have two questions for you.

If it comes to pass that the Victorian Goldfields are declared the first National Heritage Region, will it mean that detecting and prospecting will be banned from these areas?
Will there be any studies done as to how detectorists and prospectors affect the economies of the local towns in these areas?
Your answers to these questions will be most appreciated.

Your faithfully

**********************************************************************************************************

Dear Robert,

I refer to your recent e-mails relating to the proposal for the Goldfields to become Australia's First Heritage Region which is a recommendation in both the Central Highlands and Loddon South Regional Strategic Plans.

The intent behind this action is to make the Goldfields available to more groups of people, not less and to create additional opportunities, not restrict those presently enjoyed. We want to build on the World Heritage listing work undertaken already in respect of the Castlemaine Diggings and buy boosting the status of our Goldfields globally attract added international as well as domestic visitation.

No new legislation is contemplated which will impact on Prospecting. This proposal is about adding to the tourism appeal of the Goldfields and the many benefits which flow from that. We recognise that for that to happen there are many gaps particularly in the area of tourism infrastructure which need to be addressed and the key purpose of the scoping study that is currently being tendered, is to prioritise and quantify those gaps so a case for funding can be made.

The scoping study is also asked to address the issue of dialogue with communities of interest so they are aware and can input as appropriate into these matters.

In essence there are real potential benefits to Prospectors in terms of improved access, service and opportunities.

Regards,

Chris Meddows-Taylor
Mayor | Central Goldfields Shire
Phone: 0417 558 120
www.centralgoldfields.com.au
Central Goldfields Shire - achieving together

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Mon May 30, 2011 10:59 am

G'day Goldnomad, does your back feel wet? Rolling Eyes
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  glenno Mon May 30, 2011 8:53 pm

Look i saw what clowns like this did back in the late 70's and 80's to a place called Coober Pedy to put it in a nut shell were most of the opal was found ( and very good opal at that ) they formed what was called a shire of sorts now this placed a bann on mining in the town region "get it" now in order to mine they had to go out further out yes they had already found opal out further but the best stuff was still in the town region ( talk about shooting yourself in the foot ) that town before that time was self sufficient ( so whats the next thing these clowns do apply for government grants )( for roads etc) when people used to do it for free ( or a few slabs of West End ) the rest you can figure out yourselves ( PANDORA'S BOX ) once the Government Clowns got hold of it One of the first things they did was moved out the Aborigines from Adelaide and Port Augusta and resituated them to coober and put in a sealed road and a hospital the rest is HISTORY. Oh dear Are you Listening People ?? I doubt it. Anyway you are "not aloud to mine there any more" not to mention all the rest of the RUBBISH laws that Followed Suite Let this Be A WARNING. cyclops
glenno
glenno
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 31, 2011 1:42 pm

Right on Glenno....and Mr Meadows-Taylor states " no further legislation is contemplated which will impact on prospecting".......the devils in the detail.....declare it National or World Heritage area and you hardly need further Legislation........the restrictions are entombed within the Heritage ......Barossa Goldfields S.A...Heritage Listed...immediate ban on all detecting/prospecting for the whole area with fines applying........Pink Cliffs Heathcote Vic...fenced and total ban on detecting /prospecting in the whole area......but this Heritage Listing is going to be different because Mr Meadows-Taylor 'doesn't contemplate any impact on prospecting,..the proposal is about adding to the tourist appeal for the area'..................whats that? detectorists wont keep to the clearly defined paths...whats that? they dig holes with picks?....they dont park in the designated parking areas because they have heavy equipment to carry?.........so who gets protected the paying tourists or the prospectors....doesn't auger well for detectorists when tourists can already go for a good walk in those areas with no restrictions...how will declaring it National Heritage help to bring them in greater numbers?.......its all about Grant monies/revenue/remuneration..time will definately tell if they get this over the line..CEO's invariably move on to bigger and greater challenges and are no longer accountable for what was previously said....happened in the Barossa...will happen here.....Hoo Roo....

Back to top Go down

Post  glenno Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:19 am

This is what there really up to study
http://www.nqminersden.com/miners_right.htm
http://ausiwakeup.webs.com/agenda21.htm
http://gulagbound.com/12218/agenda-21-the-death-knell-of-liberty/

DEEP WATER PEOPLE DEEP WATER Shocked
glenno
glenno
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:57 pm

Why does it irritate me when some one who has a lot to say on a subject sign in as Guest ?? and then not sign out with a name?

Back to top Go down

Post  Geronimo Reilly Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:08 pm

GoldstalkerGPX wrote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you are not a member of the PMAV best you do so here http://www.pmav.org.au/
They are our voice and that voice gets louder with numbers. There is no use complaining about the situation if you are not a member and I feel this is the first step in the right direction.

Good work Rwork, Rita and the organisation do a wonderful job.
You are spot on Goldstalker, & just want to repeat it.
The bottom line is that its all about numbers so if every member on this site makes sure they join the PMAV, we will have a lot bigger voice & can make the buggers listen.
Slainte, Geronimo.
Geronimo Reilly
Geronimo Reilly
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2011-05-10

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next