Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camouflage Obsession... from the diary of the Mad Prospector.

+5
Nebuchadnezzar
panhead
xenon
glenno
Rtanweb
9 posters

Go down

Camouflage Obsession... from the diary of the Mad Prospector. Empty Camouflage Obsession... from the diary of the Mad Prospector.

Post  Rtanweb Mon May 09, 2011 10:44 pm

Week 1
Bought a Camo-coloured shirt from Aussie Disposals as a joke: to shock my lefty-greeny Girlfriend. It has a name tag that says “Ivan”. It’s Hilarious!

Week 2
Today noticed a cheap pair of Camouflage pants in Target. 2 for the price of 1! I now own three pieces of Camo wear. Is the joke getting out of hand?

Week 3
Went detecting, and changed into Camo while in the forest. Too embarrassed to wear it in public. Also, my car is too white and stands out in the bush. Ordered Camo-coloured car cover from USA. It’s not clothing, so that’s OK. Can’t tell girlfriend though.

Week 4
Bought 2 pairs of socks: one green pair and one brown. Decided to wear different colours on different feet. It feels so RIGHT. What’s wrong with me?

Went detecting in full camo. The train conductor did not check my ticket or establish eye contact. Tried playing “Staring” games with other passengers, but they don’t seem to notice me or look my way. Perhaps camo is making me too hard to see? Had all 4 seats to myself for the first time in years.

Week5
Gilfriend left to stay with her mother for a while.

Week 6
Winter is coming. Bought a camo-coloured ski mask, and a pair of camo gloves.. What a lucky find! Spent lunch on ebay, ordering camo-masking-tape. Will tape up the detector & my boots, and pick handle. ITS ALL COMING TOGETHER NOW....

cheers

Rtanweb
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Camouflage Obsession... from the diary of the Mad Prospector. Empty really

Post  glenno Mon May 09, 2011 11:47 pm

Good well as a miner of years and construction> could you please get me some to because all these woman in power now are really starting to piss me.

They forget real quick who put them there and relationships are stuffed.
I don't know were these Bitches are going to get the knowledge and the new work force from because I for 1 won't the Hell be Doing It AGAIN.

And aaaah Boyzzz becarfull of the miney girls they like Money more than they like you. CHEERS.

bounce
glenno
glenno
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Camouflage Obsession... from the diary of the Mad Prospector. Empty Re: Camouflage Obsession... from the diary of the Mad Prospector.

Post  xenon Tue May 10, 2011 12:04 am

Rtanweb... I nearly had my coffee coming out of my nose whilst reading your post. I like it Laughing
xenon
xenon
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Camouflage Obsession... from the diary of the Mad Prospector. Empty Re: Camouflage Obsession... from the diary of the Mad Prospector.

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 7:09 am

Rtanweb mate thats good. ... lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 7:14 am

Week 7. Just found some cammo jocks- the packet said they only need washing when the green stripes turn brown.

Back to top Go down

Post  panhead Tue May 10, 2011 8:48 am

Good to see I'm not the only one with a Camo Obsession. Thanks for a great laugh. By the way, get yourself some camo face paint. That really freaks them out. Smile Smile Smile
panhead
panhead
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezzar Tue May 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Scary! I think I will start arming myself whenever I'm out prospecting from now on. Question is do I use a concealed weapon or the usual western-style rifle-over-the-shoulder routine? Watcha think?
Nebuchadnezzar
Nebuchadnezzar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Rtanweb Tue May 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Thanks guys.

2 Panhead - face paint! i can't belive i forgot about that!

2 Fishberley - full points for the camo undies joke! When are you changing your name to "Goldberley"? You promissed on ebay...

Rtanweb
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 6:17 pm

Rtanweb wrote:Thanks guys.

Fishberley - full points for the camo undies joke! When are you changing your name to "Goldberley"? You promissed on ebay...

I think it's already taken. Nearly fell out of my kayak on the weekend, so I probably should stick with fishberley. Note to self- 6 hours paddling around chasing rising trout tends to leave you with numb bum and legs, be careful trying to get out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 6:32 pm

now dont forget you are not alone out there !!

Camouflage Obsession... from the diary of the Mad Prospector. Newbanjo010

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Tue May 10, 2011 7:16 pm

Well I didn't see that comming. Laughing
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 10, 2011 7:34 pm

I like the camo gear myself but the best way to be unobserved in the bush if you see a vehicle or person is to freeze. Meaning, don't move. If you move, they will spot you. Black is another good colour I have found.
Camo pants have the best pockets.

P

Back to top Go down

Camouflage Obsession... from the diary of the Mad Prospector. Empty Can yah see me now

Post  glenno Tue May 10, 2011 8:57 pm

http://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/22/can-you-see-me-now/
glenno
glenno
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldstalkerGPX Tue May 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Last edited by GoldstalkerGPX on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pointless)
GoldstalkerGPX
GoldstalkerGPX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1732
Registration date : 2009-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  skysite Tue May 10, 2011 11:13 pm

Kevin rudd should wear cammo and throw him in the bush and play one big came of where's Wally..... Laughing
skysite
skysite
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post  panhead Wed May 11, 2011 9:01 am

I like the camo gear myself but the best way to be unobserved in the bush if you see a vehicle or person is to freeze.

Also, if it's at night, it's a good idea to keep your eyes shut. Or at least be facing away from the vehicle until it has passed by. There's nothing like a pair of shiny little eyes to attract attention. Shocked
panhead
panhead
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  bowy Wed May 11, 2011 9:31 am

Thought I would join in with this camou idea. Went to the disposals to buy some things. Unfortunately the stuff is so good I wasn't able to find it.
bowy
bowy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:04 pm

panhead wrote:
I like the camo gear myself but the best way to be unobserved in the bush if you see a vehicle or person is to freeze.

Also, if it's at night, it's a good idea to keep your eyes shut. Or at least be facing away from the vehicle until it has passed by. There's nothing like a pair of shiny little eyes to attract attention. Shocked

You guys freek me out !!! Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Geronimo Reilly Wed May 11, 2011 1:34 pm

The camo car cover sounds good. Where do you get one ?
Not too sure about the camo jocks - you might have trouble finding "you know what" when nature calls Laughing Laughing
Cheers, Geronimo. (was Osama Bin Looking in another life)
Geronimo Reilly
Geronimo Reilly
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2011-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 3:46 pm

Wonder if you can buy camo style toilet paper?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 4:32 pm

fishberley wrote:Wonder if you can buy camo style toilet paper?

yep I make it all the time --well it is desert camo --white and brown Shocked Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down