Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to find the right detector in Canada

3 posters

Go down

Trying to find the right detector in Canada Empty Trying to find the right detector in Canada

Post  Telecommbrkr Sat May 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi I am a newbie here, and am here cause I need to find experienced information regarding the choice of metal detector I am about to buy.

I am now the proud owner of several blocks of placer rights in the BC Rockies. I am looking for a machine that will allow me to find the gold in quartz specimens, fairly small to fine flake gold, and be able to scan deeper than the top 8".

The area is higher mountain drainage, probably highly mineralized ground, that is also close to the source quartz viens somewhere in the surrounding bedrock.

I have talked with the sales staff at a large detector vendor, and each of the three times that I have talked with a different rep, I have gotten a different recommendation of a machine.

So far I have the following machines in mind:

Fischer Gold Bug DP

White's GMT (watched all the instructional videos and it looked easy to use)

Minelab Eureka (I lke the auto ground balance and three frequency features)

Garret Infinium LS ( I know this is a PI machine, but read a few post here and not sure about its worthiness)

If there was someone out there that either has experience with this type of prospecting or could direct me to someone or another forum with experience it would be greatly appreciated. Mining season starts soon!!!!

Telecommbrkr

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

Trying to find the right detector in Canada Empty Re: Trying to find the right detector in Canada

Post  Jonathan Porter Sat May 07, 2011 11:19 pm

AMDS Forum LINK

Ask for Steve Herschbach. He is very experienced in your neck of the woods and knows his detectors in-side out.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Jonathan Porter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 801
Registration date : 2008-11-24

http://www.theoutbackprospector.com.au

Back to top Go down

Trying to find the right detector in Canada Empty Re: Trying to find the right detector in Canada

Post  Rtanweb Sun May 08, 2011 4:45 pm

"...fairly small to fine flake gold, and be able to scan deeper than the top 8"

That rules out Infinium. On both counts.

Rtanweb
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-10-27

Back to top Go down